Hotels in Rome

Minniepnp

24 minutes ago, ihate2cruise said:

Hello All

My husband and I will be staying the night after our cruise in Rome 11/11/23. Does anyone have a recommendation for a one night stay with a good location to walk about that day and evening? 

One’s previous posting on this thread

Four to consider at various price points - 

All will give a great stay and are in excellent locations

Albergo del Senato

Albergo Santa Chiara

Hotel Navona,

Hotel Singer Palace

On 3/1/2023 at 12:21 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

One’s previous posting on this thread

Four to consider at various price points - 

All will give a great stay and are in excellent locations

Albergo del Senato

Albergo Santa Chiara

Hotel Navona,

Hotel Singer Palace

I did see this post however, I was looking for an answer more specific to my post, considering we are only there for one day. Thank you :-)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ihate2cruise said:

I did see this post however, I was looking for an answer more specific to my post, considering we are only there for one day. Thank you :-)

Almost all of the recommended hotels on this thread (including those four) are right in the center of the historic part of Rome, very walkable, plenty of restaurants in the area. After all, that's what the majority of visitors are looking for....

If there are particular sites you want to be close to, that would help with more specific suggestions.

• Like 1

We will be staying in Rome in December 2023 for two nights pre cruise.  The cruise is an NCL transatlantic.  NCL booked us in The Hoxton Hotel.  Is anyone familiar with this hotel?  
After reading most of this thread, I’ve come to the conclusion that we might have better rooms if we independently book them and use Rome Cabs or Rome Limo for our transfer to the pier in Civitavecchia.

12 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Almost all of the recommended hotels on this thread (including those four) are right in the center of the historic part of Rome, very walkable, plenty of restaurants in the area. After all, that's what the majority of visitors are looking for....

If there are particular sites you want to be close to, that would help with more specific suggestions.

Thank you. Your reply is just what I was looking for. Happy Travels 🙂

On 3/1/2023 at 8:18 PM, redcrosser said:

Hi, Has anyone stayed at Hotel Genio, near spanish steps?

Mona

I have stayed there, yet it is not near the Spanish steps but directly next to the Piazza Navonna which is an excellent location. 

It is typical old world European upper middle class hotel. Great roof top terrace. We enjoyed it.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:01 PM, seapad said:

Has anyone stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton Rome Monti? 

First time to Rome. Or can someone comment what's the Monti area like? What's the feel, shopping, and proximity to touristic areas? 

Thanks! 

We are considering the Doubletree for our pre-cruise stay in Rome...according to TripAdvisor it is only about .61 mi. from the Colosseum. We want to be within reasonable walking distance of all the ruins. 

25 minutes ago, BarbaraEH said:

We are considering the Doubletree for our pre-cruise stay in Rome...according to TripAdvisor it is only about .61 mi. from the Colosseum. We want to be within reasonable walking distance of all the ruins. 

We went in October last year. It's a great location. Most of the must see sites are within 15 - 30 min walk, including Colosseum, Wedding cake, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps....
We only need to take a taxi once to go to the Vatican Museum. Otherwise, we walked everywhere, logging 10 miles a day 🙂 

Debark Tour - St. Peter's Basilica & Colosseum 7:30am
Rome (civitavecchia), Italy 1:30pm

We signed up for this debark tour after our Princess cruise early Nov. 2023

We have 6 Am flight home early the next morning & was thinking of staying at a Rome Airport Hotel.

I read somewhere of a hotel actually attached to FCO that was very nice?

Wondering if anyone has an FCO / Rome Hotel recommendation?

Thanks

21 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Debark Tour - St. Peter's Basilica & Colosseum 7:30am
Rome (civitavecchia), Italy 1:30pm

We signed up for this debark tour after our Princess cruise early Nov. 2023

We have 6 Am flight home early the next morning & was thinking of staying at a Rome Airport Hotel.

I read somewhere of a hotel actually attached to FCO that was very nice?

Wondering if anyone has an FCO / Rome Hotel recommendation?

Thanks

With a 6am flight, staying at the airport makes sense.

The Hilton airport hotel is attached to the airport. There is also a Hilton Garden Inn that is on the airport property and can be fairly easily reached via a short (free) shuttle ride from the airport, although the actual shuttle stop can be a little difficult to spot. 

All of the airport hotel reviews have gone down post-COVID -- I suspect they haven't been updated in a while and service (like in many other hotels) may be a bit lacking...

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2023 at 11:52 AM, carlmm said:

I have stayed there, yet it is not near the Spanish steps but directly next to the Piazza Navonna which is an excellent location. 

It is typical old world European upper middle class hotel. Great roof top terrace. We enjoyed it.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

With a 6am flight, staying at the airport makes sense.

The Hilton airport hotel is attached to the airport. There is also a Hilton Garden Inn that is on the airport property and can be fairly easily reached via a short (free) shuttle ride from the airport, although the actual shuttle stop can be a little difficult to spot. 

All of the airport hotel reviews have gone down post-COVID -- I suspect they haven't been updated in a while and service (like in many other hotels) may be a bit lacking...

Thanks very much, I believe thats the one, Hilton, that I heard about at FCO.

If anyone has stayed there recently?  Would be anxious to hear.... 😉

On 3/3/2023 at 3:13 PM, seapad said:

We went in October last year. It's a great location. Most of the must see sites are within 15 - 30 min walk, including Colosseum, Wedding cake, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps....
We only need to take a taxi once to go to the Vatican Museum. Otherwise, we walked everywhere, logging 10 miles a day 🙂 

Was the a/c ok in the rooms?

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 6:19 PM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I did reach out to them today to see when booking would be available. I plan to book a superior double which states Pantheon view. We plan to stay 3 nights post cruise. We’ll book as soon as possible so we can get what we want. 

We are sailing on the Equinox on June 22, 2024.  We have also been looking forward and researching hotels in Rome June of 2024.  Our goal is to fly out of Raleigh/Durham on 17 June 24 through CLT (Waiting for airline reservations to open up in August for flights.

I will be doing one night post cruise in Rome with a relatively early flight out the next morning.  Any recommendations?  I am trying to decide if we get a hotel near the airport and drop our bags there after the cruise and then head into Rome for the day.

10 hours ago, DisneyCrazy123 said:

I will be doing one night post cruise in Rome with a relatively early flight out the next morning.  Any recommendations?  I am trying to decide if we get a hotel near the airport and drop our bags there after the cruise and then head into Rome for the day.

Think logistics…. 90/100 minutes from Port to Rome Hotel ….. Hotel Check-in times usually 15/16.00 hours…. Drop cases in room about 16.00/16.30 hours, then spend a day in Rome. [?]

Take a tour of Rome direct from port, then check-in (Airport Hotel) later in that day

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Airport

13 hours ago, DisneyCrazy123 said:

The hotels will keep your bags safely at the desk until it is time to check in.  That leaves you free to go sightseeing as soon as you arrive.  Going directly to the hotel in Rome will add 2 or 3 hours to your time in the city and it lets you spend the evening in Rome instead of the airport hotel.  Book an early transfer to the airport ahead of time.  

• Like 1

Lots of information here, which is great but overwhelming.  I've been doing digging right now tied between the W Rome, the Inn at the Spanish Steps, Roma Fori Imperiale or Otivm.  Obviously the Otivm is the least expensive.  Spanish Steps and Fori Imperiale are in great locations.  The W would give me tons of points/perks and has a pool.  Going in July.  Wondering if anyone has stayed in any of these and can comment on them for me or if there are any I should stay away from.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, CRUISIN2X2 said:

We are staying 2 days in Rome but want to stay near the Vatican as we have a 7:30am entry and want to be within walking distance and not worry about being late. Any hotels or any B&B you may recommend nearby?

Never knew of their existence until mentioned on CC.  The chatter is clean, simple and very reasonably priced.  Never stayed but maybe worth considering due their location if on a budget.

https://www.monasterystays.com/?d=Italy/Lazio/Rome/Vatican-accommodation

• Like 2