Where in the world?

Eddie99

Let’s try a new thread - hopefully with a bit of brightness and sun

I thought we could post a pic, probably of somewhere you’ve cruised to, but not necessarily, and then anyone who wanted to join in could guess where it is?  This might lead to a little bit of chat about that place, nice aspects of it, other spots nearby, what you are or drank there - anything really.

Anyone recognise this view?  Memories?  Funny happenings?

90A814B2-2AFC-483F-98A9-559FF5BE3AFC.jpeg

Edited by Eddie99
Pic added
  • Like 4

I'll start - think an island 3000 miles west of the UK.

Picture from an Oriana cruise February 2019 - a magnificent building, now an HSBC Bank. Anyone remember the famous name of the store before they closed and the Bank took it over?IMG_0172.thumb.JPG.df9ee02ccb5996c2b83ef2f953d33c4c.JPG

Edited by PrincessPete
Photo copied twice
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Let’s try a new thread - hopefully with a bit of brightness and sun

I thought we could post a pic, probably of somewhere you’ve cruised to, but not necessarily, and then anyone who wanted to join in could guess where it is?  This might lead to a little bit of chat about that place, nice aspects of it, other spots nearby, what you are or drank there - anything really.

Anyone recognise this view?  Memories?  Funny happenings?

90A814B2-2AFC-483F-98A9-559FF5BE3AFC.jpeg

There’s no finer sight in the entire world. It means you are onboard, full of anticipation for your cruise 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PrincessPete said:

Picture from an Oriana cruise February 2019 - a magnificent building, now an HSBC Bank. Anyone remember the famous name of the store before they closed and the Bank took it over?IMG_0172.thumb.JPG.df9ee02ccb5996c2b83ef2f953d33c4c.JPG

It looks Aruba-ish, but I’m not sure 

The gorgeous Hawaii grapau27 and Pearl Harbour.

We've been to Hawaii five times and loved every minute.

PH such a poignant place to visit.

Such a long way of course..........

((just seen another one come in of Alcatraz in San F bay where we stopped for a few days on one trip to Hawaii.))

Not sure of second pix grapau27 - Bora Bora/Moorea/Tahiti possibly, on the cruise route south of Hawaii?

2 minutes ago, PrincessPete said:

The gorgeous Hawaii grapau27 and Pearl Harbour.

We've been to Hawaii five times and loved every minute.

PH such a poignant place to visit.

Such a long way of course..........

((just seen another one come in of Alcatraz in San F bay where we stopped for a few days on one trip to Hawaii.))

Not sure of second pix grapau27 - Bora Bora/Moorea/Tahiti possibly, on the cruise route south of Hawaii?

Kauai.

We were on a movies tour and in the distance was the island where South Pacific was filmed.

Second picture was The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco and Alcatraz.

Did you enjoy Alcatraz?

It was very high on my bucket list and our friends in San F who we stayed with (met them on a cruise) booked it all. So interesting and I enjoyed being locked up in one of the tiny cells! 

Kauai, yes went there for a couple of nights on one of our trips to Hawaii. Such a beautiful island, more the "real" Hawaii than Oahu.....but there is only one Waikiki Beach!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Nice thread Eddie, thank you. 

I'm off to dig out some pics... 

Andy 

Not of you playing cricket, I hope.😱 Still trying to erase the memory of an earlier posting.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PrincessPete said:

Did you enjoy Alcatraz?

It was very high on my bucket list and our friends in San F who we stayed with (met them on a cruise) booked it all. So interesting and I enjoyed being locked up in one of the tiny cells! 

Kauai, yes went there for a couple of nights on one of our trips to Hawaii. Such a beautiful island, more the "real" Hawaii than Oahu.....but there is only one Waikiki Beach!

Loved Alcatraz and San Francisco.

We stayed 2 nights pre cruise in SF then sailed to Hawaii and visited 4 islands then sailed back to SF.

I booked a day room on return to SF so we spent time down by Fisherman's wharf before flying back to Heathrow.

Graham

12 minutes ago, PrincessPete said:

Did you enjoy Alcatraz?

Didn't like Waikiki... Too noisy.. 

Much preferred Maui 

Andy 

2 hours ago, PrincessPete said:

Picture from an Oriana cruise February 2019 - a magnificent building, now an HSBC Bank. Anyone remember the famous name of the store before they closed and the Bank took it over?

Too many hints.  Never been there

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.2921198,-64.7857996,3a,75y,13.61h,88.72t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sAF1QipMsSZQKlFG-ZGQClo4mgdf5aCUqhFtEW8gJ1KUs!2e10!3e11!7i7680!8i3840?hl=en

IMG_0172.thumb.JPG.1ce7b2ca0d6011f696352e8f762b7103.JPGIMG_0172.thumb.JPG.1ce7b2ca0d6011f696352e8f762b7103.JPG

Hamilton in Bermuda. The iconic building was Triminghams Department Store on our previous visit in 2000 when Front Street was a vibrant area. Not as good now and the ships rarely berth in Hamilton these days, going to the Kings Wharf Dockyard instead.

A sad return visit to Bermuda last year, nothing like as special as we remembered, in our opinion at least

• Like 2