Refunded fcd no onboard credit

mina

I just applied to a new cruise  a fcd that I had purchased but was refunded due to cruise being cancelled.  However, it was showing on my account as a fcc, not an fcd.   The fcc was matched with another 100 fcc.  However, I do not have the 50 obc showing for the purchased fcd.   That does not make sense to me.  Why, if it was a purchased fcd, would I not get the obc?  Why wouldn’t they just refund the fcd instead of creating a new record and calling it a fcc?  So essentially, instead of matching my deposit of 100 with a 100 credit, they cheated me out of 50 by not giving me the obc for my purchased fcd.  I am elite, but am getting tired of the hassle.  

Edited by mina
  • Haha 1

Did you receive Future Cruise Credits for a cancelled cruise after final payment was made? If so I believe that any Future Cruise Deposit used to book the original cruise would be considered cash and turned into Future Cruise Credits. If the cruise was cancelled prior to final payment then the FCD should have been returned to your Captain's Circle account for use on another cruise. You need to speak with your T.A. or Princess.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, skynight said:

Did you receive Future Cruise Credits for a cancelled cruise after final payment was made? If so I believe that any Future Cruise Deposit used to book the original cruise would be considered cash and turned into Future Cruise Credits. If the cruise was cancelled prior to final payment then the FCD should have been returned to your Captain's Circle account for use on another cruise. You need to speak with your T.A. or Princess.  

It was a deposit before final payment.   They did not refund the fcd.  Instead they put it on my account as a fcc.  The obc is still showing on my account, but it is showing as credited to the cancelled cruise With the original fcd number.. 

Edited by mina

17 minutes ago, mina said:

It was a deposit before final payment.   They did not refund the fcd.  Instead they put it on my account as a fcc.  The obc is still showing on my account, but it is showing as credited to the cancelled cruise With the original fcd number.. 

How did you ask for your refund to be processed.  Depending on the phase in which your cruise that was canceled, If you did nothing, they turn the FCD into FCC and double it.  

If you asked for a full refund, they either send what you paid for the FCD back to the original form of payment, if it is expired ... or, they place it back under your account as a FCD that can be reused at a later date.  

It's not the best option to use the FCD on a cruise of less than 10 days, as once it turns into an FCC, it no longer provides the OBC.  I have one placed on a 15 night sailing ... I will not be turning that into FCCs when they cancel it.  I will just request they return it to my account.  If it was to expire, I would consider turning it into FCC as if I get it as a refund, there is nothing extra to be gained.  

So, with all that being said, you probably won't get the double your deposit plus the OBC by using a FCD.  You can always ask them to reverse the double your deposit and give you your FCD back so, you can get your OBC.  But, with $50 vs $100 .... you probably won't question that one.  

In a webinar with the Princess VP of Sales he said to call Princess to add the OBC you would have earned from your FCD that was converted to FCC as a result of a cruise being canceled.

Hopefully that works but it could take several calls to get a CSR who knows how to add the missing OBC.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I feel Princess has been clear about what you get with the latest Pause4, or double deposit, especially if the cruise is cancelled before final payment by Princess. I think in thier minds to make it easier with less calls, do nothing by certain date and receive FCC in the amount of your deposit as refundable FCC and bonus non refundable FCC double this amount with a minimum of $100.  

If you want your FCD returned you need to request a 'refund' with no bonus FCC.

With the first Pause in the FAQ's , one of the last one addresses 'lost' OBC from using a FCD on a cruise that has been cancelled. It used to say write customer relations. They are the only department that can possibly grant this as Goodwill credit. I know it has been done. The current answer is a bit more vague.

calling will probably have you speaking to someone would ultimately will tell you to write customer relations

5 hours ago, caribill said:

The bonus FCC of $100 is worth more than the $50 OBC you would have received.

Not sure why you are unhappy about getting $50 more than if it had been OBC.

You are absolutely right. I beg forgiveness for being frustrated over the whole situation.  I should have just been grateful.  It’s  my fault for not reading all the well organized and clear faqs and not understanding the difference between fcd and fcc.  Have a wonderful weekend.

• Like 1

My FCD was turned into a FCC when Princess cancelled our cruise. As a result we did not receive our $200 FCD OBC when we booked our replacement cruise. I had my TA call and she was able to obtain a replacement "Goodwill" $200 OBC in place of the FCD OBC. For those who wonder if using a TA is worth it we've lost 5 cruise so far and she has been invaluable in working with the various cruise lines on refunds, FCC's and other issues that have cropped up.

• Like 1