Why NCL Premium PLUS Adult Drink Package?

Sthrngary

34 minutes ago, Ryesguy said:

Even though i booked with a travel agent, I did the PP upgrade over the phone. I had no push back or problems. 

@RyesguyThe question on the table is not the Premium Plus Drink Package.  It is if you have more then two guests (3 or 4 with the Premium Drink Package), how can two of those four the the Premium Plus?  Were you a party of two or more?  I am just looking for clarity and to make sure expectations are set realistically for those reading this stream.  

Cruise well.

Yes. We have 5 in our 2 bedroom suite. All received the premium package when we booked. I then upgraded the first two in the cabin (my wife and I) using FCC to the premium plus package. My three adult children traveling with us (in their 20’s) were not upgraded although they are the third, fourth and fifth in the same cabin.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 3:49 PM, RocketMan275 said:

324966672_PremiumPlus.thumb.jpg.90e6c88ac8847ad11a228c88f8828411.jpg

I decided to upgrade to PP on my recent Bliss cruise.  I carried this flyer around with me the first two days so I would remember everything I wanted to try.  I am mostly a bourbon girl and wanted to make sure I tried them all.  I was surprised that they did not have Wild Turkey 101.  I went with the Woodford, but the 101 had been available on my EPIC cruise is November and it was yummy.  Prosecco is also something I enjoy so the champagne's were on my radar too.  To start Veuve was only available in just a few bars.  More than once in the Atrium and a few others I was asked if Moet would work because they were out - I made "do".  I was always able to get it at dinner in any of the restaurants.

I made use of the Starbucks feature every day, multiple times per day as well as the bottled water feature.  Based on NCL pricing for those items, that would have justified the upgrade charge alone.

Access to top shelf alcohol was just the cherry on top.  Did I drink more (alcohol) than I normally do? No.  Did I drink more coffee/water?  Yes.  Was it worth it? YES! Would I do it again? YES!

Suggest if you are on the fence the only way to know is to try it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ryesguy said:

Even though i booked with a travel agent, I did the PP upgrade over the phone. I had no push back or problems. 

Was the upgrade just for you or also another cabin mate? My husband does not drink any alcohol. We are in a Haven suite for the first time on the Joy this December for a cruise thru the PC. I want to upgrade just myself. 

8 hours ago, Wink87 said:

Was the upgrade just for you or also another cabin mate? My husband does not drink any alcohol. We are in a Haven suite for the first time on the Joy this December for a cruise thru the PC. I want to upgrade just myself. 

I would talk to the Concierge on board.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wink87 said:

I upgraded both my wife and I to PP using our FCC. I did not upgrade my three adult children staying in the same 2-bedroom Haven cabin.  I do not know if they would have allowed me to upgrade just me and not my wife. The NCL person on the phone did ask whether I was upgrading the first two in the cabin.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ryesguy said:

I upgraded both my wife and I to PP using our FCC. I did not upgrade my three adult children staying in the same 2-bedroom Haven cabin.  I do not know if they would have allowed me to upgrade just me and not my wife. The NCL person on the phone did ask whether I was upgrading the first two in the cabin.  

Thanks!
That’s exactly what I would like to do.  I’ll try calling since it cannot be done online. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 2:58 PM, Lionkingrichard said:

I would talk to the Concierge on board.

I have tried to upgrade twice with concierge in Haven however they have advised me that all parties in a cabin have to be upgraded. 

Just left the Bliss Sunday after 2 week in the Haven with upgraded PP, the upgraded package was worth it for us as the wine offered (do not drink red so cannot comment on this) on standard programme is very poor. Just a bit disappointed that the pink champagne was unavailable on both cruises. 

On 3/13/2022 at 12:10 AM, Wink87 said:

@Wink87There are two ways to get less then the full group in your stateroom upgraded to the Premium Plus Drink Program.  The first is to have your travel agent us FCC in your account for the upgrade.  If you don't have FCC, then you need option #2.  You have to reach out to vicepresidentguestservices@ncl.com (Jonathan Rose).  Explain what you want to do and ask for help.

On our last cruise on the Joy in November 2021.  My wife and I had the Premium Plus Drink Program and my two adult children had the normal Premium Drink Program.  My daughter complained to me so I attempted to upgrade hers.  It could not happen onboard.  

NCL simply based on its size has to use very restrictive computer programs. Anything out of the ordinary is like a act of congress.  This is one of those situations.  Now I don't guarantee that Jonathan can help you.  Those are the ways I have done it in the past. 

I hope this helps you.

Cruise well.

31 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@Wink87There are two ways to get less then the full group in your stateroom upgraded to the Premium Plus Drink Program.  The first is to have your travel agent us FCC in your account for the upgrade.  If you don't have FCC, then you need option #2.  You have to reach out to vicepresidentguestservices@ncl.com (Jonathan Rose).  Explain what you want to do and ask for help.

On our last cruise on the Joy in November 2021.  My wife and I had the Premium Plus Drink Program and my two adult children had the normal Premium Drink Program.  My daughter complained to me so I attempted to upgrade hers.  It could not happen onboard.  

NCL simply based on its size has to use very restrictive computer programs. Anything out of the ordinary is like a act of congress.  This is one of those situations.  Now I don't guarantee that Jonathan can help you.  Those are the ways I have done it in the past. 

I hope this helps you.

Cruise well.

Ty Gary. My cruise is Dec 4 on the Joy. When should I reach out to Jonathan? I don't want to jump the gun if it is too soon but then don't want to add to his timeframe pushing up against the holiday! I really appreciate all your help to thousands of us here on CC!

This thread is so helpful.  Question...I have 2 cabins booked for our upcoming cruise on Epic.  One room with myself and one child, another room with my husband and second child. 

If I just upgrade my husband, can he order a bottle of wine with dinner and share it with me?  Can he order multiple drinks at Starbucks and share with the family?  Just curious how strict they are and if it makes more sense to upgrade both rooms.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, erin21497 said:

This thread is so helpful.  Question...I have 2 cabins booked for our upcoming cruise on Epic.  One room with myself and one child, another room with my husband and second child. 

If I just upgrade my husband, can he order a bottle of wine with dinner and share it with me?  Can he order multiple drinks at Starbucks and share with the family?  Just curious how strict they are and if it makes more sense to upgrade both rooms.  Thanks!

Your first question is easy....If you get a bottle of wine at dinner, you are free to share it with whomever you wish (provided they are of age...which I assume your husband is 🤣).  The person doesn't need to have a drink package. You can share the bottle with the table. 

We did this once with a single mom at a neighboring table in Le Bistro when we had more Vueve than we could consume prior to our bottle of red (yeah...i know....how can you have too much Vueve!) 

The second question is also easy (but with a "disclaimer")...By rule, you cannot buy a Starbucks, or some other beverage for that matter, and give it it to someone who does not have the package.  That is a direct violation of the beverage package rules.  

Does it happen?  Absolutely.  

Does it get overlooked (particularly if you tip)?  Without a doubt!

Can it result in the suspension of your beverage package, and subsequent charge for every drink you've had up to that point if management feels you are abusing the program?  Yes. 

Sharing of beverages was one of the main reasons they changed the beverage package promo to include everyone in a cabin that is "of age".  Prior to the pandemic only passengers 1 & 2 were eligible for the "promo".   Other passengers in the cabin would either have to pay full retail for a drink package or sneak drinks.

Hope that helps clarify so you can choose your path to a wonderful cruise!

If you're on the Epic on the 27th...see you there!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Your first question is easy....If you get a bottle of wine at dinner, you are free to share it with whomever you wish (provided they are of age...which I assume your husband is 🤣).  The person doesn't need to have a drink package. You can share the bottle with the table. 

We did this once with a single mom at a neighboring table in Le Bistro when we had more Vueve than we could consume prior to our bottle of red (yeah...i know....how can you have too much Vueve!) 

The second question is also easy (but with a "disclaimer")...By rule, you cannot buy a Starbucks, or some other beverage for that matter, and give it it to someone who does not have the package.  That is a direct violation of the beverage package rules.  

Does it happen?  Absolutely.  

Does it get overlooked (particularly if you tip)?  Without a doubt!

Can it result in the suspension of your beverage package, and subsequent charge for every drink you've had up to that point if management feels you are abusing the program?  Yes. 

Sharing of beverages was one of the main reasons they changed the beverage package promo to include everyone in a cabin that is "of age".  Prior to the pandemic only passengers 1 & 2 were eligible for the "promo".   Other passengers in the cabin would either have to pay full retail for a drink package or sneak drinks.

Hope that helps clarify so you can choose your path to a wonderful cruise!

If you're on the Epic on the 27th...see you there!  

Thanks so much for the detailed response.  Much appreciated!  

I'll be on the Epic July 24th for our first Mediterranean cruise.  Hope you have a great trip as well 🙂

I have upgraded both my self and my husband to PP but I wasn't able to do it for my 18 year old (I'm assuming its an age thing) so he has Corks and Caps and the 15 year old has the Soda package.

When I went to upgrade me and the other half it gave me the option of only upgrading one of us if I had chosen to 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 2:35 PM, Sthrngary said:

Sorry for the late reply.  For some reason I did not get a notification you commented. Here is my experience.  Any meal, if my wife ordered a bottle of selected wine, it came back to the room with her.  What you will notice is that regardless of the restaurant (Haven or Specialty) this holds true.  I am quite sure, even at breakfast, you can do this.

On a side note.  My wife loves wine.  Some days, she would drink a bottle at dinner.  Then order aother bottle.  Have one glass just so she could take the rest of the bottle back to the suite.  Sounds petty however, having a bottle of wine chilling for time on the balcony at night is a huge thing for her enjoyment. 

I hope I helped. 

You can get the bottle delivered to the room???? Also will the room steward bring an extra ice bucket to chill the wine? Also glasses? I assume we would need our own corkscrew.

We are not in the Haven.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raschueller said:

You can get the bottle delivered to the room???? Also will the room steward bring an extra ice bucket to chill the wine? Also glasses? I assume we would need our own corkscrew.

We are not in the Haven.

@raschuellerI want to be very accurate with you. First, I am on the NCL Joy sailing tomorrow.  I am not in the Haven.  I am in a Club Balcony Suite so the information I am giving you is NOT for the Haven. You can NOT get a bottle delivered to your room.  You can NOT get a glass of wine or spirits delivered to your room.  YOU CAN but it will cost you for each one.  They DO NOT come with this package. 

What you can do and I will be doing is having a "Selected Bottle Of Wine" at dinner.  If I have a few glasses left over in the bottle, I will take it back to my room.  Once when I was in the Cagney's steak house, they offered to bring the half open bottle to my room for me.  

The room steward would be happy to get you ice anytime you want it.  Most rooms come with a cork screw however I always bring one.  

I think that covers your questions.  

Cruise well. 

• Like 1

Has anyone had experience of using this upgrade when travelling with kids? I'm planning on upgrading my package for my upcoming sailing on Bliss, but it is just myself and 2 teens. Obviously, they won't be upgrading but I usually grab Starbucks for us all in the morning and take back to the room. Will this be a hassle to do if I have the upgrade? I don't have a problem getting charged for the extra 2 drinks, but I really don't want to have to explain the situation each time either...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@raschuellerI want to be very accurate with you. First, I am on the NCL Joy sailing tomorrow.  I am not in the Haven.  I am in a Club Balcony Suite so the information I am giving you is NOT for the Haven. You can NOT get a bottle delivered to your room.  You can NOT get a glass of wine or spirits delivered to your room.  YOU CAN but it will cost you for each one.  They DO NOT come with this package. 

What you can do and I will be doing is having a "Selected Bottle Of Wine" at dinner.  If I have a few glasses left over in the bottle, I will take it back to my room.  Once when I was in the Cagney's steak house, they offered to bring the half open bottle to my room for me.  

The room steward would be happy to get you ice anytime you want it.  Most rooms come with a cork screw however I always bring one.  

I think that covers your questions.  

Cruise well. 

I framed that poorly. I meant to say would they deliver the opened bottle from dinner to the room.and I see that is a probably not.

Only a few questions: can we get wine glasses for the room.

Also noticed on the last iteration of le bistro menu that veuve rose was 38.50 a glass. So that would be about 4.20 a glass?

Lastly, can you still order drinks ... say moet and still get a bottle or red and a dessert wine.

Thanks so much!!!

4 hours ago, raschueller said:

Lastly, can you still order drinks ... say moet and still get a bottle or red and a dessert wine.

The wine list has selected wines by the bottle.  No all wines. 

4 hours ago, raschueller said:

Also noticed on the last iteration of le bistro menu that veuve rose was 38.50 a glass. So that would be about 4.20 a glass?

I don’t know. What I do know is I has 4 glasses. No charge to my account with the Plus package.

7 hours ago, raschueller said:

would they deliver the opened bottle from dinner to the room. and I see that is a probably not.

I don't know who they would have pick it up. You can always walk out with it.

can we get wine glasses for the room.

Take two back with you and tell the room steward you want them to stay.

What do you mean? Why $4.20?

Yes. Start with a bottle. End with a bottle. Order drinks before, after or in between. I have seen that people have been limited to one bottler per person open at a time. Others have not

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Just a warning...

NCL seems to have changed the T&C's of the Beverage Packages recently ("bottles" specifically, not as was previously listed.  Also, the link to "flyer" is missing)!

You might want to reign-in your expectations...

https://www.ncl.com/terms/premium-plus-beverage-package-full

I think that is a punctuation issue. Here is the description on the website:

If getting in touch with your more decadent side is on the agenda, then this is for you. Our Premium Plus Beverage Package includes the widest selection of beverages by the glass, such as Veuve Clicquot, Patrón Añejo, The Macallan Quest and more. Enjoy all beverages by the glass throughout your cruises including unlimited soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and select bottles of wine with dinner, plus, still and sparkling water, energy drinks, and specialty coffee!

5 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

I don't know who they would have pick it up. You can always walk out with it.

Take two back with you and tell the room steward you want them to stay.

What do you mean? Why $4.20?

Yes. Start with a bottle. End with a bottle. Order drinks before, after or in between. I have seen that people have been limited to one bottler per person open at a time. Others have not

I thought the limit on the price was anything up to 35 dollars. Someone posted a menu from Le Bistro from last month and I noticed at the top it had 35 a glass for the yellow label and 38.50 for the rose. And I looking at the flyer I have no clue what to think. Because there is a whole list of things offered by the bottle.

And while the most amazing and wonderous person in the world (my partner) came from Israel. I am not sure about Israeli wine. So that will be an experience in of itself.

BTW thank you so much. 

premium-plus-beverage-package-2021v2 (1).pdf

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, raschueller said:

I thought the limit on the price was anything up to 35 dollars. Someone posted a menu from Le Bistro from last month and I noticed at the top it had 35 a glass for the yellow label and 38.50 for the rose. And I looking at the flyer I have no clue what to think. Because there is a whole list of things offered by the bottle.

And while the most amazing and wonderous person in the world (my partner) came from Israel. I am not sure about Israeli wine. So that will be an experience in of itself.

BTW thank you so much. 

premium-plus-beverage-package-2021v2 (1).pdf 282.22 kB · 0 downloads

I think it should be included. The terms state "Every beverage served by the glass"

• Like 3