Why NCL Premium PLUS Adult Drink Package?

Sthrngary

It was well worth it for us.  We are just off the Bliss and we chose not to do Haven. They don't have Armaresia Cherries at the regular bars and the order for Booker didn't come in. The cherries for old fashions make a huge difference. I don't like maple or smoked old fashions so that is all I missed with that. We make them at home so we have the cherries.   I can tell you that I probably drank a minimum of 10 bottles of Veuve Clicqout by the glass. We had Starbucks every day, we had Aqua Panna every time we ate, I had Veuve Clicqout every time I was sitting at the table. We  had the servers in LeBistro choose our red on night 3 and drank it the rest of the week. They had trouble locating it in the MDR but they eventually found what we wanted with assistance from the wine steward. It was 100% worth the money if you enjoy drinking good drinks not sugar with some liquor in it. We had bartenders sending us different drinks, trying different rums, tequilas, etc, just because we had that package and they could. I had to put myself to bed after drinking Gentlemen Jack with my husband. It was delicious but two was the limit for me. Having that drink package is a must for us once we cruise again. 

Edited by KAYKAY121
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, KAYKAY121 said:

We  had the servers in LeBistro choose our red on night 3 and drank it the rest of the week. 

OK, my curiosity is piqued:  What did they choose?  

Reading your post, I regret I didn't rely on the bartenders to "surprise me."  Totally agree; the package was more than worthwhile for me.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

So perhaps you only got 4 to 6 glasses per bottle (6 or 4 ounce servings) ?

You can order as many glasses as you want in a row, you just can’t order a whole bottle of Veuve (unless you want to pay for the bottle). 

8 hours ago, purplecow15 said:

I’m confused. When I go to my account about upgrading to PPBP the details list Veuve Cliquot as available by the bottle for dinner. Is that the case or not ?

42BC6AF2-711E-4475-BC0B-F19C18435C91.thumb.png.763e221805679d458e481f729c66dc42.png

The sample menu that you can view on the NCL website is simply that.

While you might see the exact same Menu onboard the ship, just be aware that NCL reserves the right to make changes (see small print at bottom of that page) and "Other Terms and Conditions may apply."

9 hours ago, purplecow15 said:

I’m confused. When I go to my account about upgrading to PPBP the details list Veuve Cliquot as available by the bottle for dinner. Is that the case or not ?

42BC6AF2-711E-4475-BC0B-F19C18435C91.thumb.png.763e221805679d458e481f729c66dc42.png

It was definitely only Moet Chandon as the highest end included champagne by the bottle on my cruise last week.  Veuve was only by the glass.  Moet was not by the glass.

Drank plenty of both.

1 hour ago, ggTexasGal said:

The sample menu that you can view on the NCL website is simply that.

While you might see the exact same Menu onboard the ship, just be aware that NCL reserves the right to make changes (see small print at bottom of that page) and "Other Terms and Conditions may apply."

There are different versions floating around.  The one you posted (admittedly from the NCL website) is outdated.  As others have mentioned, you can still have your Veuve, just one glass at a time.  For bottles, you have Moet as your top choice.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

There are different versions floating around.  The one you posted (admittedly from the NCL website) is outdated.  As others have mentioned, you can still have your Veuve, just one glass at a time.  For bottles, you have Moet as your top choice.

I agree!  And it is best for anyone purchasing to realize that changes may exist for their cruise.

17 hours ago, phillygwm said:

OK, my curiosity is piqued:  What did they choose?  

Reading your post, I regret I didn't rely on the bartenders to "surprise me."  Totally agree; the package was more than worthwhile for me.

It was not busy so they got to be creative and we got little surprises. I was spoiled with 2500 passengers and the Vibe only had about 40-45 guests or less, I can't remember. 

We were drinking Luis Jadot  and I asked for a suggestion included in the package and we got Sliverado Cab. It isn't the best or most expensive but we liked it. I wasn't willing to pay the upcharge for bottle service of the way better wines. 

59 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

It was not busy so they got to be creative and we got little surprises. I was spoiled with 2500 passengers and the Vibe only had about 40-45 guests or less, I can't remember. 

We were drinking Luis Jadot  and I asked for a suggestion included in the package and we got Sliverado Cab. It isn't the best or most expensive but we liked it. I wasn't willing to pay the upcharge for bottle service of the way better wines. 

Yeah, our sailing was about 1900 (Dec 12) and the Bistro staff were all over us.  Best I've ever experienced on a ship.  I truly felt like a VIP, though trust me, I am not!  We even cancelled Saturday night at Cagney's (which we found to be relatively ordinary) to go back again for a 3rd time.  The chef came out to greet us 🙂

As far as wine, I'm no expert but I really liked the Louis Raynald Chateauneuf du Pape which was included in the P+ bottle package.  

Edited by phillygwm

Since there are so many versions of the Plus package guidelines floating around, is it simply best to ask the servers on board to find out what it is exactly included or not once they see that you have the package?  I assume the system will tell them if NCL makes any recent updates?

Of course, I plan to go in with some guidance and education from Cruise Critic too, of course...

Here is my story and I am sticking to it.  I was on the Joy.  I was in the Haven.  I went to the Haven Bar.  I love really good tequila.  Back story, I watch YouTube and love the stars that do slot machines.  One of them love Cuervo 1943 tequila.  Prior to your best Tequila I can have on the Premium Plus program.  He says, 1942.  I said, let it rip.  That was day one.  So good, such a surprise.

I made NCL pay for this Premium Plus program I assure you.  I came home to my bottle and treat it like royalty.  Folks, stop drilling down on what you get or don't. Just go for it and for one week a year, live like a rock star.  It is over so quick.  So enjoy every moment.

Cruise well.  We all have to Cruise well and enjoy life.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Here is my story and I am sticking to it.  I was on the Joy.  I was in the Haven.  I went to the Haven Bar.  I love really good tequila.  Back story, I watch YouTube and love the stars that do slot machines.  One of them love Cuervo 1943 tequila.  Prior to your best Tequila I can have on the Premium Plus program.  He says, 1942.  I said, let it rip.  That was day one.  So good, such a surprise.

I made NCL pay for this Premium Plus program I assure you.  I came home to my bottle and treat it like royalty.  Folks, stop drilling down on what you get or don't. Just go for it and for one week a year, live like a rock star.  It is over so quick.  So enjoy every moment.

Cruise well.  We all have to Cruise well and enjoy life.

THAT'S THE TRUTH! we got a great pic! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I am embarrassed. 

you should not be. I did not mean to embarrass, so i am sorry. You gave such a great report from your cruise. I know for that week I lived through your adventures. leading up to your cruise great advice, during and after great review.  And to have a covid virtual toast was really the best part of my virtual cruise. you brought us all into the Haven. (virtually). I hope you way more appreciated above all. cheers

5 hours ago, jasperess said:

Since there are so many versions of the Plus package guidelines floating around, is it simply best to ask the servers on board to find out what it is exactly included or not once they see that you have the package?  I assume the system will tell them if NCL makes any recent updates?

Not really necessary.  As I recall, on Day 1, there was a P+ brochure in my room with the list.  I also found this in my files which I believe is the current list.

premium-plus-beverage-package-072021v2.pdf

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

Again, no bottles of Veuve (well, you COULD, at a 40% discount.)  Only the asterisked names are freebies by the bottle.

Ahh, didn't notice the asterisked items on your version of the sheet. The other posted above didn't have that. 

On 4/1/2021 at 5:34 AM, Sthrngary said:

JustAPilot:

You make a good point.  I have a completely different take on this. First a little background.  I am a 5 million miler with Delta.  I traveled when 9/11 happened.  The hangs had more to do with fear then penny pinching.  Yet you are correct, eventually some services were reduces.

On cruise lines it is a different deal especially during the first year that cruises start up.  All brands want banner reviews.  They want no issues.  The want to attract not only frequent cruisers whom are their loyalty base, they want and need to bring back other people to the fold.  You can't do that if you start to Penny Pinch.  

Now a year from now when the clients start coming back, the full fleet is cruising and people start forgetting a pandemic that shut down; I do think the cruise lines will start playing games to improve profit.

I have to add something here just because I am old and cranky.  I wish that all products and services would just raise the darn price and leave the quality alone. I get marketing a low price to get folks to buy and all.  The issue is if the product, service, food, entertainment, ect. are down hill, people are disappointed and won't come back. You wrote your comment they way you did because you, like me have been disappointed in the past and don't want to be disappointed in the future. 

Just my thoughts!!!

I can say this. Without saying too much. They have suddenly become very very accommodating (as compared to a year ago). In fact, we asked our consultant to do a few things for us and it goes like this:

Us - request

CC: Ummm ok I will try but I do.... hold on... yep. Wow that worked. 

Us- Cool. Thank you.

100% these were requests that would have resulted in firm no's a few months ago.

NCL is quietly making some big changes to keep us happy. And to be honest we are not really cruise people. Our vacations are usually fly in to a country and find our own way for a few weeks. But NCL has really gone to the 9's to keep us happy.

• Thanks 1