100 Shares of Carnival Stock Perk

LCTXcruiser

On 1/6/2021 at 9:22 AM, rs45thompson said:

I have been trying to follow y'alls conversation 🥴  I just bought my first stock -- ccl when it dropped to $10 and disney when it was $80.  So I really don't know much about it.  But I feel like I am drowning listening (well in actuality reading) your conversation.  I toyed with the idea of purchasing more stock to sell and make money but I now realize it is not that easy and I really have no clue as to what I am doing.  So I guess I won't be doing that.  Wow, just wow!

If you have at least 100 shares of Carnival and have a booked cruise, follow the info on my prior post.

10 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

Will do!  Thank you for the information.  How far in advance can you send it in?

We have sent it in two months in advance and it was accepted.  I know some people have sent it in and it was rejected because it was too early but I don't know how early that was.

1 hour ago, Bevv said:

We have sent it in two months in advance and it was accepted.  I know some people have sent it in and it was rejected because it was too early but I don't know how early that was.

I may try it and see.  My cruise is in October.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rs45thompson said:

I may try it and see.  My cruise is in October.  Thanks again!

It usually is renewed annually from July to June (Or maybe August to July). so since August is after that, I bet the reject it. but then once it is approved for the next year, it can be almost 12 months in advance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rs45thompson said:

Will do!  Thank you for the information.  How far in advance can you send it in?

Although it applies to all lines owned by Carnival Corporation, they do not all treat it the same as for how early you can send it in. Princess, because they allow you to use the OBC before the cruise for excursions, seems to not really have a limit as to how far in advance you can apply for it. I believe on some of their other lines, you may if your cruise is well into the future have to wait for the renewal.

• Like 1

I sent in my details last week for a March cruise, it was approved, then $100 went up in smoke this week. I am afraid they may eliminate or restrict the perk after the current program ends in July. Easy come, easy go. 

19 hours ago, Bevv said:

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

Please provide by email1, fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your current mailing address and your brokerage account number blacked out) no later than 3 weeks prior to your sail date to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below. 1If you chose to email, you do so at your own risk and with the knowledge that email is inherently an insecure method of communication.
NORTH AMERICA BRANDS
CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE*
CONTINENTAL EUROPE BRANDS
COSTA CRUISES*
UNITED KINGDOM BRANDS
P & O CRUISES (UK)
Guest Administration
3655 N.W. 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Tel 800 438 6744 ext. 70450 / Fax 305 406 6102
Email: shareholders@carnival.com

hi whats the difference in carnival corporation or carnival plc shares. what one do we need to buy for the credit thanks

5 minutes ago, mystik said:

hi whats the difference in carnival corporation or carnival plc shares. what one do we need to buy for the credit thanks

You will be looking for CCL for the US version of the stock. Looks like Carnival PLC is the European Carnival stock.

8 minutes ago, mystik said:

If you take the link in the post that you cited, it clearly states "This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc"

Edited by tm_aw_love

2 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

If you take the link in the post that you cited, it clearly states "This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc"

yes i'm going to buy 100 

1 minute ago, mystik said:

yes i'm going to buy 100 

You missed the point, your original post asked "what one do we need to buy for the credit"... the website and the clip that I quoted clearly states Carnival Corp. OR Carnival PLC, meaning that you can own either stock and qualify for the shareholder perks. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tm_aw_love said:

You missed the point, your original post asked "what one do we need to buy for the credit"... the website and the clip that I quoted clearly states Carnival Corp. OR Carnival PLC, meaning that you can own either stock and qualify for the shareholder perks. 

yup and CUK is cheaper right now. no reason not to buy CUK instead of CCL.

Carnival LLC and Carnival plc are separate companies operating as a single unit. The shares are dual listed on the NYSE as CCL for the LLC and CUK for the plc. The CCL shares are part of the Standard and Poor's 500 index, and the CUK shares track the London shares and are included in the FTSE 100. The NYSE handles far more CCL shares than the London exchange. 

You have a choice to invest in either. When NY is doing better the CCL shares will be worth more, conversely when London does better the CUK shares will be worth more.

Through July you get the same shareholder benefit for either CCL or CUK shares. The benefit is voted on by the Board of directors year by year. With the current economic situation the Board may not extend the benefit for the year beyond July. There is currently no dividend, & none for the near future. 

Bear this in mind if you are investing solely for the shareholder benefit.

Most important is before investing or sending money you should consult a financial advisor to see if any security is right for you. There is no guarantee for equity investments, you could lose every penny. 

• Like 1