Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My TA has extended my final payment date until 26th November, for my 6th March cruise.

 

As P&O have a tendency to make announcements on Tuesdays, if there’s no information released today about cancellations, I will try to string it out until next Tuesday, the 1st December, before taking action.

 

None of this makes me feel favourable towards P&O 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BestGuessed said:

Travel agent has informed us yesterday that we have been allowed a weeks extension before our balance is due which gives us until 13th December to pay the balance on the Iona cruise for 6th March.  
We have also been informed that  cruises have been paused on Seabourn and Holland America lines until the end of March.  
Are these lines both part of Carnival group as we believe they are? If so it would not be unreasonable to expect that the first Iona cruise in March will be cancelled.  

Has anyone else heard anything about this either from their TA or from P&O? 
 

Your TA is very good, as they have allowed an extension until after the P&O final balance date.

 

it was generally thought to be almost impossible for the date to be extended beyond the P&O date! 
 

Both HA and Seabourn are indeed part of Carnival, as well as Princess, who have also cancelled until the end of March.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Your TA is very good, as they have allowed an extension until after the P&O final balance date.

 

it was generally thought to be almost impossible for the date to be extended beyond the P&O date! 
 

Both HA and Seabourn are indeed part of Carnival, as well as Princess, who have also cancelled until the end of March.

 

 

Yes we have a very good relationship with our TA. We now have until 13th December to pay the final balance, which incidentally we have no intention of doing.

My husband and I both agree that in view of HA, Seabourn) and now you have added Princess) cancelling until the end of March, Iona is very unlikely to sail on the 6th March so we will be asking to have our deposit refunded. 
As mentioned in my previous postings, we have no desire to go on a cruise where we have no idea what we will be getting for our money 🥴.

Hope you are able to wangle an extension with your TA too 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband has just checked the P&O website, and he says that the 6th March Iona cruise has disappeared. The earliest Iona cruise showing  is now 20th March to the Canary Islands.

 

So maybe there’ll be an announcement today ? 
 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

My husband has just checked the P&O website, and he says that the 6th March Iona cruise has disappeared. The earliest Iona cruise showing  is now 20th March to the Canary Islands.

 

So maybe there’ll be an announcement today ? 
 

 

 

 

Yes that is now looking likely isn’t it ??!!
That will be good news for us and for you too but I know there will be others who feel differently and will be disappointed.

Fingers crossed then that we hear one way or the other today 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi our ta which are a nightmare are pestering us to make the final payment and we’re trying to stall, same cruise Iona 6 th March we feel it’s going to be cancelled 

It seems like that cancellation is becoming very likely. Let’s hope we hear today.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband has been doing more rummaging on the P&O website, and it now looks as if other Iona cruises have disappeared. The first one is now the 24th April, to Norway.

So looking increasingly like an announcement today.

 

I know some people still thought the 6 th March cruise was viable, but for me it’ll just be a relief to get this cruise out of my head! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see it says they have extended the pause to April 21, but no announcement anywhere?  Presume they will email everybody with March cruises.

 

Crikey just looked at the price of my October cruise - £3.5K for an inside cabin?  I only paid £1350.

Edited by jeanlyon
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got my email through to confirm the cancellation.

I’ll apply for a refund of deposit.

 

I’ve moved my remaining two cruises into 2022, so  I now feel I can stop thinking about what to do, for the time being at least. Although the paper work for the cruises I have transferred is very slow to come through. Not sure if this is down to Carnival or to my TA. I will keep chasing for this, as I want to keep an audit trail, just in case it’s needed later,

 

but today- just a general sign of relief !  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I see it says they have extended the pause to April 21, but no announcement anywhere?  Presume they will email everybody with March cruises.

There’s a few comments about this on social media, but I haven’t seen an official comment from P&O. Those affected have been emailed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’ve got my email through to confirm the cancellation.

I’ll apply for a refund of deposit.

 

I’ve moved my remaining two cruises into 2022, so  I now feel I can stop thinking about what to do, for the time being at least. Although the paper work for the cruises I have transferred is very slow to come through. Not sure if this is down to Carnival or to my TA. I will keep chasing for this, as I want to keep an audit trail, just in case it’s needed later,

 

but today- just a general sign of relief !  

 

 

I’ve just applied for a refund we have moved so many cruises this year and some more than once from now on any more cancelled we will just apply for refunds our next cruise is QM transatlantic in April so who knows

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I see it says they have extended the pause to April 21, but no announcement anywhere?  Presume they will email everybody with March cruises.

 

Crikey just looked at the price of my October cruise - £3.5K for an inside cabin?  I only paid £1350.

Truly eyewatering!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...