The Daily for Monday Nov 16, 2020

richwmn

37 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I’ve been keeping busy embroidering Christmas stockings for my granddaughters.  

🌺That is beautiful!! I sure wish  I could sew. These are the type of stockings I see in my magazines from Crate n Barrel and Pottery Barn!! WOW!

Prayers to your beloved daughter also and hope she stays safe also!

Denise😊

• Like 8

Good afternoon all.

Sorry, I'm late to the party, but I love this thread.  Thanks to all who contribute.

We had an extremely windy night and day.  Our power went out early this morning around 1 am, and it just came back on around 2:30pm.  And after I set a couple of clocks, I turned on my computer to check out the Daily Report. 

We managed okay without hydro (electricity to most of you).  I have a gas stove, so managed to boil water to make tea.  And we had peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast.  We have a gas fireplace, so it managed to keep part of the house warm enough even though the fan could not work.  It's a brisk 2C  (36F) outside, but okay inside. 

Just another challenge for us to overcome this year.  Praying that everyone everywhere overcomes whatever this year throws at them.

• Like 9

We went to our favourite coffee shop for lunch, as we usually do on Mondays, only to discover they are now "Take Out Only".  I guess they have already had the word from Dr. Bonnie that things, they are a'changing!  We brought our sandwiches and lattes home.

Pat went to our exercise group this morning, and some were wearing masks.  One small step forward - but probably  they will be shutting down anyway.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, richwmn said:

Facebook just reminded me that this is where I was on this date last year. I'll let y'all guess where I was and who else was there. If those who were there see this, please let others guess.

Nov162019.jpg

I had no clue, but what a gorgeous building! And the hedges are worthy of Butchart Gardens or le Chateau de Villandry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks Rich and Roy! Oooh. Key lime pie!  Love old buttons!  

Our daughter is also a teacher early 40s,  works in learning support so is in multiple classrooms.   Scary times!  Kind of hoping they do lock the schools down again,  as right now in one board they have 6000 staff and teachers in isolation and outbreaks in over 100 schools.  

@DeeniEncinitasbeautiful Painting!  

I’ve been keeping busy embroidering Christmas stockings for my granddaughters.  

image.jpg

How unique & special! And festive!  And your granddaughters can each name her snowperson!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 2

Good afternoon. Thanks to Rich, Roy, and everyone who makes this thread a happly place to be. Those are some interesting days today, however, I lament that Tolerance needs a day. It should be front and centre every day of the year and every minute of the day. . 

I love both meal suggestions, but we're having ham tonight.

We had to go into the city today to have some bloodwork done for DH. The lab has gone to strictly appointments, but even with an appointment, it was a 30 minute wait. Luckily most of the time was in the scaled down (8 chairs) waiting room. But then it took almost another half an hour for them to find a viable vein to get the blood out.

I love the painting and the stockings. So creative!

Sending prayers for those who need them, and cheers for all of the celebrations. Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask!

• Like 10

6 hours ago, old mike said:

I think it's the Dunedin train station.  We were there in early 2017 on the Noordam repositioning cruise from down under to Vancouver, we were supposed to repeat the re-positioning  cruise this year until Covid along. We are booked to do the repeat cruise on the Oosterdam in early 2022.

Welcome to posting on the Daily, old Mike!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for the daily reports and photos.

Rich, it hardly seems a year ago that you were here.

Today there are two new Covid cases in managed hotel isolation.

I agree. I was very surprised when it popped up on FB, but a very nice memory!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for sharing the photo of your painting that you will give to your daughter.

You are a talented lady.

Erewhon you are very kind!! My Uncle was a cartoon artist for Disney Studios

when I was growing up in Long Beach Ca. I guess I take after him a little. Funny I majored in Art History in college and switched to dentistry! So my art work was in the mouth!  Smiling right now thinking of your wonderful Country!! Sure do miss it!

Denise😊

• Like 6