I get no mail from Windstar

Redtravel

I have sailed on 10 Windstar cruises often b2b.  I have enjoyed all of them. I cannot seem to get on the mailing list  even after many requests. I have requested info about Windstar many times. I have signed up on your website.  I get nothing.  Thinking that the problem could be the website I called Windstar directly and spoke to a rep who said that they would add me to the list. Again, nothing.  I recently found out through a facebook group and from cruisecritic boards that there are new changes in the Yacht Club.  Again, no notification. I got on the web My Yacht Club, signed in, and found credits listed.  I sometimes look at the Windstar website for the specials like 7 for 7.  I feel like Windstar has forgotten me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well. My email is right there. The last time I tried I got a scammy response wanting to contact me to book future cruises. I responded that I use a TA, and the messages stopped, but that meant ALL messaging stopped, including the specials that I was trying to sign up for. I was left feeling that the sign up was nothing but a marketing come on. 

Edited by milepig

I was not getting the emails either. I sent an email to the one WS sent on this thread. I received a very nice email almost immediately  from Sarah Scoltock that she would look into it for me and make sure I was on the list. she would check in with me the next time one from WS went out to make sure  I received it. Here is hoping. Happy return to sailing. 

Strenz, I did the same thing, requesting they add me back to the mailing list -  And was pleasantly surprised when Sarah sent the same message. Let’s hope it works!

Also glad to see that maybe someone from Windstar Customer Service or PR may periodically read the forum threads and respond to questions or concerns. I know some of the other forums, such as Sea Dream, does that.

Emailed as well and see what happens.

For the heck of it I asked about a cruise from waaaaay back in 1992 that I never got credit for. Can't even recall if they had Yacht Club membership back then but seems like there was some way of accounting for cruises taken. We were on the ill-fated  Wind Song Tahiti back in the Dark Ages.

On 11/30/2020 at 2:05 PM, Windstar Cruises said:

Hi Redtravel and milepig. This is terrible news! Can you send me your name/email and let me have a chance to add you to our mailing list?  Send to PR@Windstarcruises.com. Let's see if I can fix this once and for all.

Thank you for fixing the problem.

I got the original response from Sarah saying that she would follow up. I have started to get some emails so I’ll see if that continues.

I sent a second email to Sarah acknowledging that I have now received some marketing emails and suggested to her that she inform  the marketing department that my needing to request marketing isn’t the way it works. After fifteen Windstar cruises I should have been a prime marketing target without requesting attention

• Haha 1