OBC for Single in Cabin?

DavidsNana

I tried the search feature and could not find an answer to this question.  I am looking at a Caribbean Cruise in May and one of the perks is a $100 OBC for each person in the cabin.  I will be occupying the cabin as a single. This will be my first time traveling as a single.  Does anyone know if since I will be paying double the price (i.e. the same amount as two people would pay) would I get $200 OBC or just the $100 since I am only "a person"?  Thank you very much.

14 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

Does anyone know if since I will be paying double the price (i.e. the same amount as two people would pay) would I get $200 OBC or just the $100 since I am only "a person"?

It must be different in the US to Australia. I'm pretty sure that here the OBC is based on the passenger, not the cabin. So even if you pay the single supplement you still only get one lot of OBC.

• Like 1

I just looked at my 3 booked cruises as I'm another solo cruiser and this is my most current experience. 

> I pay double base cruise fare. I pay single taxes / fees / port expenses / gratuities / fee to upgrade to best.fare.ever (inc gratuities / internet / beverages).

> I get only 1 Shareholders benefit / elite set-up / gift from PVP (extra OBC & specialty dining). Promos are by stateroom not person and in 2 cases (goodwill OBC due to ship redeployments)

> I did receive double goodwill OBC to rebook (200 + 400 whereas others on the roll call and email stated 100 + 200 pp).

Hope that helps. It's complicated 

Thanks to everyone for your responses.  From your answers, it looks like it can go either way on the OBC.  I know that I will only receive one minibar setup for Elite as is usual and that I pay only one set of taxes and fees and gratuities but double the basic cabin fare.  Thanks again.  Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I just looked at my 3 booked cruises as I'm another solo cruiser and this is my most current experience. 

> I pay double base cruise fare. I pay single taxes / fees / port expenses / gratuities / fee to upgrade to best.fare.ever (inc gratuities / internet / beverages).

> I get only 1 Shareholders benefit / elite set-up / gift from PVP (extra OBC & specialty dining). Promos are by stateroom not person and in 2 cases (goodwill OBC due to ship redeployments)

> I did receive double goodwill OBC to rebook (200 + 400 whereas others on the roll call and email stated 100 + 200 pp).

Hope that helps. It's complicated 

Thanks for the info since my next cruise will sadly be as a single.

I’ve cruised solo several times and have received double OBC whenever it is part of a sale. As others noted, I pay double for the cabin but only pay for one person for port fees and gratuities. I am US-based. If you do a mock booking it will show how much OBC you will get.

3 hours ago, Cornteen said:

I have sailed quite a few times solo and have never been given double credit. 

The double 'credit' @avonlady6390 is referring to is

the Princess Circle credit towards your tier. Look at your account: 

20201216_061119.thumb.jpg.e304ccac5448b35a3d2a17e3fb81ad99.jpg

Edited by Ombud

Thanks again for everyone's answers and comments.  Ombud, yes if you sail solo in a cabin you do get 2 tier credits as my son has sailed solo in his own cabin in the past when my husband was alive and he has received 2 tier credits for the solo cabin.

• Like 1