The Daily for Saturday Jan 16, 2021

richwmn

3 minutes ago, summer slope said:

We happened upon These Clydesdales in Cambria California. We were driving the California coast last spring.

837B0A5F-066B-4AAC-88F8-A17F97580966.jpeg

6E4F50F8-885A-4931-97B3-9BA08C3E85C7.jpeg

So love these horses.  So beautiful.  And confess I love the Budweiser commercials.

Thanks for the great pics 🙂 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I was cleaning up after a shopping expedition once and wiping things down with a Lysol disinfecting wipe, and decided to do the fridge door, as the wipe was still pretty damp.  Darned if it didn't clean up the fingerprints, too,  So, two for the price of one - that's what I use now!

Interesting Ann - I will give that a try.  I certainly have lots of disinfecting wipes right now 😉 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, cruzn single said:

I certainly made a mistake in not reading this sooner.  I have done several things today that I had been putting off.  So, I have failed at "Do Nothing" day.

@kazu, sending prayers for the BIL's Mother.  That has to be a real concern for all.  Wish that this horrid virus would just DIE!  So many innocent lives affected.

My "jab" yesterday was non-eventful.  The County had a good plan, and everything was very organized.  I have had no ill effects from the vaccine.  And, I was scheduled for my second one for February 12.  Exactly 28 days for the Moderna vaccine, which I received.

But after I left the shot location, I managed to trip and fall in a parking lot.  Scraped my knee (through my jeans), and hit my head and right hand. So, I am sore in those places, but not in my arm.  Thank goodness it was not serious, and being sore will remind me to be more careful.

My prayers for all on the care list, and celebating all those with good news.  Have a great day everyone.

Geesh, watch that head injury. They can show up in weird ways.

• Like 5

Thanks for all the reports,photos and humour.

During an Australian Circumnavigation on the Volendam, at Komodo Island, we did a HAL excursion to view the dragons, was very very hot, used my umbrella as a parasol, walked for 2 hours searching for the dragons, the guide pointed out  marks on the soil where the dragons had walked, finally discovered  the dragons  lying in shade a few yards from where we started the walk.!!! 

Very important to drink plenty of water during the walk.

Stay well and safe everyone.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Bar Keepers Friend is spectacular !!  

It saved my bacon with my dishwasher, literally.  It was looking cruddy no matter what I did.  It looked like nw with one application of this stuff.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

or our original M&G I had folded some 40 small origami penguins for decorations. They were a hit and all found homes with participants. That's one on the window of my cabin. There was another on my door (that kept disappearing). Every night I had been folding more in Explorers Lounge nightly and leaving them for people to pick up. I got several notes on my door requesting some....  and eventually started to have some fun by "flocking" different parts of the ship (the library, Explorers, Lido, the theatre) at night. 

Oh my, you would be so much fun to sail with!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

For our original M&G I had folded some 40 small origami penguins for decorations. They were a hit and all found homes with participants. That's one on the window of my cabin. There was another on my door (that kept disappearing). Every night I had been folding more in Explorers Lounge nightly and leaving them for people to pick up

wow!  you are talented. I wish I had your skills.

That would be fun for sure 😄 

• Like 3

Good  afternoon everyone. This is the nearest we have been to a ‘dragon’. This is a blue tongue lizard, who is living in our front garden. It is always a bit of a shock to see just his nose sticking out from under a bush, as you can easily mistake him for a snake. Until you see he has legs! 
We stayed on the Volendam instead of going to see the Komodo dragons. It was far too hot that day, but if we ever get to do another circumnavigation of Australia we’ll probably go and see them. Here’s hoping the cruise around Australia in November takes place.

Stay safe everyone.

3321E197-5385-4A6E-B0BF-564387690605.thumb.jpeg.94155a8e7bb38ab2cf1d3d3522f503ad.jpeg

• Like 12

17 hours ago, kazu said:

I don’t clean mine often enough (I fully admit it) so I usually have to do some serious cleaning.  I’ve tried vinegar, soap and water and all that stuff.

I found Bar Keeper’s friend does an incredible job in no time and lasts forever.

E6332711-A024-4C14-A27A-6121FCF3FFD6.thumb.jpeg.583e381b6e3037974c871e28c769dd62.jpeg

@kazuI use barkeepers friend all the time for tough jobs. It's the best. Enjoy planning that next trip. I have followed your trip reports and great pics for quite a while.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, surfcitygirl said:

@kazuI use barkeepers friend all the time for tough jobs. It's the best. Enjoy planning that next trip. I have followed your trip reports and great pics for quite a while.

Ahh, how nice to hear - thanks.  Glad you enjoy them.  Hopefully there will be one in November if all goes well 🤞 

• Like 3