Disappearing Goodwill FCCs?

cherylandtk

1 hour ago, caribill said:

From Princess FAQ:

Once your FCC has been built, the website automatically applies the FCCs available when you input your name and address. You don't even need to sign on. The website will pull these credits for all the eligible names provided during the booking process, including guests 2, 3, 4, and the balance summary will show the FCC as a line-item credit. If you do not want the FCC applied, you will need to call the Contact Center to have it removed.

it took awhile before this started happening to me. And when it did the FCC was applied automatically to my furthest booking. I had 3 bookings at that time. 

Good to know they do that upon starting a new booking.  I was under the impression the above complaints were bookings already made which at some later point had FCCs applied.  I could be wrong.  

As to my particular situation...it appears so far that nobody else has found their FCC to have been reduced (or at least nobody has reported it here).  I’m going to take that as a good sign that there is something unique about our cancelled cruise or FCC or TA discount that can be explained.  I hope.  I’ll come back to report what that is when I get that explanation from Princess.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Good to know they do that upon starting a new booking.  I was under the impression the above complaints were bookings already made which at some later point had FCCs applied.  I could be wrong.  

As to my particular situation...it appears so far that nobody else has found their FCC to have been reduced (or at least nobody has reported it here).  I’m going to take that as a good sign that there is something unique about our cancelled cruise or FCC or TA discount that can be explained.  I hope.  I’ll come back to report what that is when I get that explanation from Princess.

Since our April 2020 TA cruise was cancelled we have booked and had cancelled numerous cruises. Currently we have 5 cruises booked. It has been frustrating keeping track of the FCCs, gift card balances, and CC refunds and things often haven't added up. But, finally the sum of the applied FCCs in the Circle Savings Account does equal the sum of the FCC discounts applied to each of the booked cruise fares with no real action on my part. Same can be said for gift card balances and CC refunds. I think could have saved myself a lot of grief if I hadn't paid attention to any of it these past 9 months. Key word is patience and trust that Princess will figure it out eventually one booking at a time.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 11:18 PM, cherylandtk said:

The credit was for the penalty Princess applied when we cancelled 64 days before the cruise.

Princess incorrectly calculated and applied a higher penalty of 20% of the full fare.  After much drama, back and forth, getting mis-handled as a Princess cancellation and waiting months for a refund, we decided to give up trying to get through to Princess and take the FCC ($912) instead of fighting them further.  We figured we would be able to use the FCC, and the FCC + refund = Total paid.

Now they have reduced the FCC by $500, which is a $500 loss to us.  This is doubly frustrating because of that $912 FCC they actually owed us $910 in cash and the remaining $2 was the deposit and legal ‘penalty amount’. 

11 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

All of our FCC was labeled Goodwill credit.  Our deposit was $2.  Princess refunded ~80% of our fare in cash and their computer system decided to charge the remaining ~20% which was $912, as a penalty (even though their written policy states the only amount they should have kept is the $2 deposit).  Sometime later, Princess retroactively granted FCC to cancellation penalties and called this Goodwill credit. They gave us $912 FCC.

At that point, we figured it was ‘close enough’.  They still really owed us $910 in cash with $2 as a penalty.  But we were willing to just take the FCC instead of insisting on the cash. There was no bonus FCC involved.

Now they have removed $500 from that FCC which is not close enough anymore.  

I am a little slow, but I now understand your issue.   I noticed you cancelled this cruise tour in the middle of March.  
I am not sure you should have had to pay any penalty.  You should have received 100% refund as long as no FCC was used to originally pay for your cruise or at least a combination of cash and FCC equal to what you paid.  

I suspect Princess has made a mistake.  The error that I experienced was related to the double Deposit FCC and it took a long time to resolve.  My TA had to call multiple times and the error was obvious.  My wife’s account was correct and mine was missing one.  

I would try calling Princess directly again.  Although my call to Princess was not the resolution to my problem, I did call and they did admit that there was a problem.  

Is it possible that your TA lacks a lot of experience with Princess?  Although my TA had a lot of problems getting Princess to correct my error, she insured that Princess knew and admitted that there was an error.  Since no one is cruising the sense of urgency was not really needed.  IMO the TA saying that it might be related to her discount is B.S..   Not a very smart answer.  She should be able to talk to Princess and figure out what is going on.  

I would not give up as I suspect it is a “human error”, unless Princess is saying that a end of May cruise tour cancellation in March has a penalty above and beyond a deposit.  I am foggy as to the Princess policy at the time. (I would have thought you would have at least received a FCC equal to 100% of what you paid).  If this becomes the official reason, I would escalate the issue.  Your TA owes you an exact official explanation and not an hazy “maybe it was this”

Good luck.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Thanks 1

I have had so many cruises canceled that I can't keep the goodwill credits straight.    We canceled a couple the day they canceled which was the final payment date.   We did not get any credit for them.  And only $50 on a couple.  One which we have not received any of our deposits refunded from private excursions.

I am so frustrated with people not wearing masks and having home parties around here.   I have been so tempted to post a comment on posts of pictures of large groups getting together for football games.   I know I will just get nasty comments.  

I need a vacation!!!

7 minutes ago, compozer said:

I have had so many cruises canceled that I can't keep the goodwill credits straight.    We canceled a couple the day they canceled which was the final payment date.   We did not get any credit for them.  And only $50 on a couple.  One which we have not received any of our deposits refunded from private excursions.

I am so frustrated with people not wearing masks and having home parties around here.   I have been so tempted to post a comment on posts of pictures of large groups getting together for football games.   I know I will just get nasty comments.  

I need a vacation!!!

well, after last Sunday ... 😷 ... 🥃

• Like 1