Disappearing Goodwill FCCs?

cherylandtk

We had booked a 2020 Alaska cruisetour. After all the drama of cancellations and refunds and FCCs subsided we were left with about $500 in FCC each and refunds which together totaled our payments to Princess.  

Went to look for a replacement cruise to use the FCCs by the May ‘22 deadline only to discover that $250 has mysteriously disappeared from each of our FCC accounts. No explanation, no email or notice from Princess, just gone.  I’ve asked our TA to seek an explanation from Princess.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes.  We had $2,450.00 in FCCs from cancelled cruises, which also disappeared without any type of notice.  Our TA called Princess and found out Princess moved those FCCs to one of the future bookings we have.   It wasn't the booking we preferred to pay down, so Princess moved it to the one we wanted. 

• Like 1

One of my goodwill FCC was also moved by Princess to my existing booking without notifying me. In chart it shows booking number they applied it to and travel summary shows it as part of my payment. 

do you have any bookings? 

I wish it were just a matter of Princess applying them to a future booking; but nope, there is no future booking.  They were just plain reduced.  

My TA said she thinks it may be somehow related to her discount pricing.  But then I am still out about $500 from what we paid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I REALLY wish Princess would leave an audit trail for Captains Circle accounts, similar to what airline frequent flier accounts offer. 

This is why I take regular screen shots of our FCC and OBC accounts. They're dated and I use them to do my own audit of what's going where.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

We had booked a 2020 Alaska cruisetour. After all the drama of cancellations and refunds and FCCs subsided we were left with about $500 in FCC each and refunds which together totaled our payments to Princess.  

Went to look for a replacement cruise to use the FCCs by the May ‘22 deadline only to discover that $250 has mysteriously disappeared from each of our FCC accounts. No explanation, no email or notice from Princess, just gone.  I’ve asked our TA to seek an explanation from Princess.

Has this happened to anyone else?

It did not happen to me, but it took a very long time for me one of my Goodwill FCC to show of my account.

Did you happen to get cash refund for your deposit?  If yes, the Goodwill FCC would disappear.  

5 hours ago, dog said:

One of my goodwill FCC was also moved by Princess to my existing booking without notifying me. In chart it shows booking number they applied it to and travel summary shows it as part of my payment. 

do you have any bookings? 

Yes, we have 3 future bookings.  Our TA was able to move the FCCs to the booking we preferred.  All's good.  🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

I wish it were just a matter of Princess applying them to a future booking; but nope, there is no future booking.  They were just plain reduced.  

My TA said she thinks it may be somehow related to her discount pricing.  But then I am still out about $500 from what we paid.

What was the credit for-did Princess cancel,? did you get cash refund?

hope you get it back. 

Yes, ours hasn't shown up.  Also, noticed that they're supposed to refund the taxes rather than giving FCC for them -- been several months and they just now moved the FCC from the cruise fare over.  Did not move over the FCC we were supposed to get for booking onboard.  Trying to follow it up.  Not that much, but we are still waiting for the FCC from the latest canceled cruise and don't want it to get confused.  The person I spoke to on the phone (Sabrina) was nice, but completely useless.  Waiting for an email reply.

5 hours ago, Farts said:

I opted for a full refund. Cash is king, assuming we stop printing money of course, lol. 

And that's exactly why we took the FCC and immediately booked another cruise for 2022.  I expect that those dollars will be worth considerably less next year (and the year after, and so on ad infinitum).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

What was the credit for-did Princess cancel,? did you get cash refund?

hope you get it back. 

The credit was for the penalty Princess applied when we cancelled 64 days before the cruise.

Princess incorrectly calculated and applied a higher penalty of 20% of the full fare.  After much drama, back and forth, getting mis-handled as a Princess cancellation and waiting months for a refund, we decided to give up trying to get through to Princess and take the FCC ($912) instead of fighting them further.  We figured we would be able to use the FCC, and the FCC + refund = Total paid.

Now they have reduced the FCC by $500, which is a $500 loss to us.  This is doubly frustrating because of that $912 FCC they actually owed us $910 in cash and the remaining $2 was the deposit and legal ‘penalty amount’. 

Edited by cherylandtk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

And that's exactly why we took the FCC and immediately booked another cruise for 2022.  I expect that those dollars will be worth considerably less next year (and the year after, and so on ad infinitum).

It’s hard for me to schedule PTO for my profession. So I don’t have that luxury 

Well my cash value FCC was just applied to my existing booking no notice. 

everyone should be checking their Personalizer to keep up with your account. We are not getting notice that FCC are being moved. 

I would be bothered as well if the FCC was applied randomly to a booking without my knowledge.

Even worse is taking it without applying it anywhere. I am really upset that Princess arbitrarily took it away without any notification or explanation.  By any other name that’s theft.

3 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

I would be bothered as well if the FCC was applied randomly to a booking without my knowledge.

Even worse is taking it without applying it anywhere. I am really upset that Princess arbitrarily took it away without any notification or explanation.  By any other name that’s theft.

Is the non Goodwill FCC still on your account?  This would be the amount of your deposit.

4 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

I would keep after Princess to get it back. Should have nothing to do with TA   They get commission when Princess cancels & when you rebook, right?

51 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Is the non Goodwill FCC still on your account?  This would be the amount of your deposit.

All of our FCC was labeled Goodwill credit.  Our deposit was $2.  Princess refunded ~80% of our fare in cash and their computer system decided to charge the remaining ~20% which was $912, as a penalty (even though their written policy states the only amount they should have kept is the $2 deposit).  Sometime later, Princess retroactively granted FCC to cancellation penalties and called this Goodwill credit. They gave us $912 FCC.

At that point, we figured it was ‘close enough’.  They still really owed us $910 in cash with $2 as a penalty.  But we were willing to just take the FCC instead of insisting on the cash. There was no bonus FCC involved.

Now they have removed $500 from that FCC which is not close enough anymore.  

2 minutes ago, dog said:

I would keep after Princess to get it back. Should have nothing to do with TA   They get commission when Princess cancels & when you rebook, right?

Princess would not talk with us when this all transpired and made us go through the TA.  Perhaps that has changed now. I will find out when my TA has had a chance to fix this.

1 minute ago, cherylandtk said:

Princess would not talk with us when this all transpired and made us go through the TA.  Perhaps that has changed now. I will find out when my TA has had a chance to fix this.

i don’t quite understand this.  I would try again. I have had them talk to me when I’ve usd a TA. Depends on who answers.

We paid $2 deposit , Princess cancelled before final payment. Gave us $200 Goodwill FCC & $1.00 each cash FCC. Then they applied it all to my existing FCC booked cruise. 

6 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

From Princess FAQ:

Once your FCC has been built, the website automatically applies the FCCs available when you input your name and address. You don't even need to sign on. The website will pull these credits for all the eligible names provided during the booking process, including guests 2, 3, 4, and the balance summary will show the FCC as a line-item credit. If you do not want the FCC applied, you will need to call the Contact Center to have it removed.