FCC or refund? Your experience

mimbecky

28 minutes ago, funcruzer1 said:

We have asked a few times about getting cash refund for all but told no......has that changed?

Since you canceled with CwC prior to Celebrity cancelling there is no option for refund of the FCC.  This has not changed (and frankly won't). 

We have 1 cruise "on hold" and one that cannot happen.  Will take the cash from one and move any FCC to an August 2022 cruise.

Since Captain's Club now has little value will be looking elsewhere to cruise in the future after some 20 with Celebrity.  All included not for us as want to get away from internet and a couple glasses of wine is enough.

55 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Since Captain's Club now has little value will be looking elsewhere to cruise in the future after some 20 with Celebrity. 

I feel the same way. My status to Elite was in early 2019 and I found the internet and drinks in the sky lounge during CC hours was sufficient, however, I would like to use up my FCC.  I love Celebrity as a line but prices are now out of my league as most often cruise solo.

Edited by drakes2
Spell

37 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I feel the same way. My status to Elite was in early 2019 and I found the internet and drinks in the sky lounge during CC hours was sufficient, however, I would like to use up my FCC.  I love Celebrity as a line but prices are now out of my league as most often cruise solo.

@drakes2I am curious if you have looked at the % increase for comparison to the typical cabin you book?  As I said earlier, I generally take 1 cruise per year and usually as a solo, so paying for 2, and the cost has certainly increased.  I have 2 booked for 2022 but will only take 1, booked both to be sure I have the cabin I want, 1 is 25% more and 1 is 30% more for a 1 category upgrade from the cabin I would have had in 2020.

54 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

@drakes2I am curious if you have looked at the % increase for comparison to the typical cabin you book?  As I said earlier, I generally take 1 cruise per year and usually as a solo, so paying for 2, and the cost has certainly increased.  I have 2 booked for 2022 but will only take 1, booked both to be sure I have the cabin I want, 1 is 25% more and 1 is 30% more for a 1 category upgrade from the cabin I would have had in 2020.

@LGW59 my last cruise was end September to beginning October 2019. 11 nights on Equinox.  I just checked my CC statement and for a 12 night out of fort Lauderdale the same week the cost for lowest category balcony with 3 perks is 50% more. I also went back a few months and added my deposit to that amount to make sure calculations are correct.  I find the first week of the New Year typically cheaper so will hold off till then.  Wow! 50 percent more; shocked!

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

@LGW59 my last cruise was end September to beginning October 2019. 11 nights on Equinox.  I just checked my CC statement and for a 12 night out of fort Lauderdale the same week the cost for lowest category balcony with 3 perks is 50% more. I also went back a few months and added my deposit to that amount to make sure calculations are correct.  I find the first week of the New Year typically cheaper so will hold off till then.  Wow! 50 percent more; shocked!

WHOA, 50%!!!!!  That is a serious increase, hence your trepidation.  I would def wait longer before making a booking at that increase.  Good luck!

26 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

WHOA, 50%!!!!!  That is a serious increase, hence your trepidation.  I would def wait longer before making a booking at that increase.  Good luck!

We booked a March 2021 12-night Caribbean cruise back in August 2019, but did an L&S to March 2022 as soon as that program was introduced. If I was to book the same category, deck, perks, etc. today, it would cost me just over 33% more. That's not 50%, but still a good chunk of money.

We considered making it a b2b by adding the 9-night cruise immediately preceding the one booked. Haha! While the 9-night cruise is 25% shorter, its price is 20% higher than what we paid for the 12-night. Pass.

18 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

We booked a March 2021 12-night Caribbean cruise back in August 2019, but did an L&S to March 2022 as soon as that program was introduced. If I was to book the same category, deck, perks, etc. today, it would cost me just over 33% more. That's not 50%, but still a good chunk of money.

We considered making it a b2b by adding the 9-night cruise immediately preceding the one booked. Haha! While the 9-night cruise is 25% shorter, its price is 20% higher than what we paid for the 12-night. Pass.

Well I cannot do an apples to apples comparison here.  Because my May 2020 APEX TA in a Sky Suite got cancelled, I took the cash refund.  As a result, decided to take what I would have spent and combined it and upgraded to a higher suite level.  That said, the overall cost increase is just over 32%.  I am OK with it, obviously, otherwise would not have done it.  That said it is for Aug 2021...I know how that is going to work out, LOL

Edited by LGW59

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

As I learned last year, its always better to be with cash in your pocket than without it.. even if it means losing some part of it during a refund process. Trust me, this virtual money can disappear anytime.. 

I was lucky I had 3 cruises booked for 2020 and all monies have been refunded apart from the 2 reduced deposits of $125 which are FCC's but there's even a time limit on those which expire September 2022.   You are right, cold hard cash is always best. 

Edited by drakes2
Words