Turing 18 during a cruise

keyarra

I searched but didn't see anything. We are looking at a cruise in June 2022. The cruise leaves while my daughter is 17 and she turns 18 a few days later. Since she is 17 at the start of the cruise will she have access to teen club the whole time? She is bringing a friend who stays 17 the entire time. I believe at 18 they are too old for teen club and too young for the dance club correct? Does anyone know if she will be able to hang out with friends she meets before she turns 18 in the teen club?

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, keyarra said:

I searched but didn't see anything. We are looking at a cruise in June 2022. The cruise leaves while my daughter is 17 and she turns 18 a few days later. Since she is 17 at the start of the cruise will she have access to teen club the whole time? She is bringing a friend who stays 17 the entire time. I believe at 18 they are too old for teen club and too young for the dance club correct? Does anyone know if she will be able to hang out with friends she meets before she turns 18 in the teen club?

Thanks!

Your age is set on the first day of the cruise.  She will still have access to the club the entire time. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

8 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

The second she turns 18 she will not be allowed in the teen club. Blame the lawyers.

Sorry but that is wrong.  Your age is set the day you board and remains that way for the duration of the cruise.

Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to ask for proof of age. Royal Caribbean International's age policy for gambling and consumption of alcoholic beverages is as follows: Please note: An individual's age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for their cruise vacation. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry but that is wrong.  Your age is set the day you board and remains that way for the duration of the cruise.

Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to ask for proof of age. Royal Caribbean International's age policy for gambling and consumption of alcoholic beverages is as follows: Please note: An individual's age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for their cruise vacation. 

Thank you for posting the policy!!

1 minute ago, keyarra said:

We are looking at Italy and the Greek Isles cruise.

You can go to guest services the day she turns 18 and have her age adjusted so that she could drink but then she would lose access to the teen club.

except for 1 or 2 events that are specifically listed as adult both girls can go to the clubs and dance. 

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

While this might be true, once one turns 18, they are legally considered an adult.

Again, blame the lawyers.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can go to guest services the day she turns 18 and have her age adjusted so that she could drink but then she would lose access to the teen club.

except for 1 or 2 events that are specifically listed as adult both girls can go to the clubs and dance. 

Nevermind..

Edit....I guess rules have changed

Edited by crzndeb

PRESS KITS

twitter sharing button
facebook sharing button
tumblr sharing button
pinterest sharing button
email sharing button
sharethis sharing button

Royal Caribbean Youth & Teen Program

Royal Caribbean’s complimentary, year-round Adventure Ocean program is recognized as one of the industry’s leading youth programs.

Program Overview

• For all kids and teens, ages 3 to 17 (all children must be toilet trained – no diapers or pull-ups unless it is based on a disability)
  • Programs are offered by age group:
  • Royal Babies & Tots 6 mos – 36 mos. (drop off nursery offered on select ships)
  • Adventure Ocean Drop Off Programming
  • Aquanauts         3-5 years
  • Explorers           6-8 years
  • Voyagers           9-11 years
  • Teen Program
  • Teens              12-14 years
  • Teens              15-17 years

* Please note 18 year olds are not permitted in the teen program – no exceptions can be made

Seem to be very clear here .:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hogbay said:

PRESS KITS

twitter sharing button
facebook sharing button
tumblr sharing button
pinterest sharing button
email sharing button
sharethis sharing button

Royal Caribbean Youth & Teen Program

Royal Caribbean’s complimentary, year-round Adventure Ocean program is recognized as one of the industry’s leading youth programs.

Program Overview

• For all kids and teens, ages 3 to 17 (all children must be toilet trained – no diapers or pull-ups unless it is based on a disability)
  • Programs are offered by age group:
  • Royal Babies & Tots 6 mos – 36 mos. (drop off nursery offered on select ships)
  • Adventure Ocean Drop Off Programming
  • Aquanauts         3-5 years
  • Explorers           6-8 years
  • Voyagers           9-11 years
  • Teen Program
  • Teens              12-14 years
  • Teens              15-17 years

* Please note 18 year olds are not permitted in the teen program – no exceptions can be made

Seem to be very clear here .:classic_rolleyes:

Yes it is clear when you combine that with the policy that I posted that the age is set for the entire cruise based on your age the  first day of the cruise.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes it is clear when you combine that with the policy that I posted that the age is set for the entire cruise based on your age the  first day of the cruise.

and you can go to gest services on your birthday and get issued with a new card 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I saw your post and you weren't wrong with the drinking age being 21 for ships sailing from North America  but the OP was talking about a cruise in Europe where it is 18 to drink on Royal ships

I saw that when I looked it up. Did they change that in the last few years or has it always been that way? I know on other lines, it still remains 21 outside of North America.

1 minute ago, crzndeb said:

I saw that when I looked it up. Did they change that in the last few years or has it always been that way? I know on other lines, it still remains 21 outside of North America.

Not sure if it changed.  Also not sure all other lines is 21.  NCL is 18 for beer and wine 

11 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Every cruiseline I have ever been on, adopt the local ordinances of the embarkation point as regards to alcohol. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Every cruiseline I have ever been on, adopt the local ordinances of the embarkation point as regards to alcohol. 

Removed.

not-enough-cruising didn’t like my post 🙄

Edited by crzndeb

6 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I sail predominately Royal and Carnival, and Carnival is still 21 outside of North America (I didn’t say All, I said other). They may be the only one. However, in Europe, Carnival turns a blind eye to bringing alcohol on board at embarkation and in ports.

I don’t sail Carnival so I wouldn’t  know about them.

Not sure what bringing alcohol on board has to do with drinking age. 

As someone who worked in the teen centre right up to the shut down, unfortunately no, they won't be allowed in the teen centre once they turn 18 as they are now classed as adult. 

(CC 'experts' can come at me, but I've been the one that's actually informed teens that they can no longer attend as they are suddenly 1 day older.) 

While the age thing is somewhat true it also isn't. 

For example, if a child turns 5 during the cruise they can then take part in activities such as the rock wall and laser tag, they day they turn 5. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GarlicBread said:

As someone who worked in the teen centre right up to the shut down, unfortunately no, they won't be allowed in the teen centre once they turn 18 as they are now classed as adult. 

(CC 'experts' can come at me, but I've been the one that's actually informed teens that they can no longer attend as they are suddenly 1 day older.) 

While the age thing is somewhat true it also isn't. 

For example, if a child turns 5 during the cruise they can then take part in activities such as the rock wall and laser tag, they day they turn 5. 

Thanks for the first hand knowledge and my apologies for posting incorrect information that was based of Royals posted age policy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for the first hand knowledge and my apologies for posting incorrect information that was based of Royals posted age policy.

Its just the adult thing (and people are too quick to sue of anything went wrong). If 18 wasn't classed as an adult it would be fine, but then I suppose that wouldn't be the cut off to start with...

12 minutes ago, GarlicBread said:

Its just the adult thing (and people are too quick to sue of anything went wrong). If 18 wasn't classed as an adult it would be fine, but then I suppose that wouldn't be the cut off to start with...

Just curious but is there a different standard for cruises sailing out of North America vs cruises sailing out of other areas as in North America you need to be 21 to sail alone and drink while for the rest of the world that age is 18

Here is what my personal experience is with cruise ships and the kids club . My kids joined the club, 2- 3 days into it they made friends and then they all met up and did things on their own and never went back to the club. The older they got the less time was spent in the actual club.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1