NCL have changed final payment from 120 days to 60 days

TrumpyNor

I just received an e-mail from NCL stating that they have changed the findal payment date from 120 days to 60 days for all reservation dates with sailing date before November 2021. I am very happy about that in regards to my September cruise - in these uncertain times it is good that people are not obliged to pay lots of $$$ many months in advance. So 60 days is much better than 120 days - allthough for cruises in 2021 I should a 30 days deadline for final payment would be  more "appropriate". Since it is possible with all reservations booked through NCL in  Europe I can't see why not also for NCL in the rest of the world - at least now when travel is such a "risky business"....

February 9, 2021
Dear Valued Guests,
Our Guests First philosophy puts you at the heart of every decision, which is why during these extraordinary times we are doing our part to provide you with peace of mind however and whenever we can.
As such, today, I am proud to announce a new final payment schedule for all voyages with embarkation dates through October 31, 2021. The final payment for all sailings with embarkation dates through October 31, 2021 has been postponed until 60 days prior to embarkation (versus the standard payment terms) for both new and existing reservations. Our hope is that our new final payment along with our previously communicated Peace of Mind policy, which allows you to cancel up to 15 days prior to embarkation for a future cruise credit, will reassure and inspire you to transform your destination daydreams into vacation reality.
It goes without saying that our first priority is always your health, safety, security and well-being so I encourage you to read
all about thehtgtposo:d//wwowrk.nwcel.caoremd/wohinyg-chreurisee. -norwegian/book-with-confidence?cid=WS_NA_NA_NA_NA_NA_NA_NA_NA_NA_NA_F
I hope you and your friends and family will join me very soon in exploring the world in the safety and comfort of an amazing Norwegian Cruise Line ship.
Until then,
Harry Sommer President & CEO Norwegian Cruise Line

Yeah, I just got my e-mail (with attached letter) from NCL informing me of this change. I'm definitely good with the change. NCL's final payment date was too far in advance (120 days) compared to RCL & CCL (90 days), imho. 60 days is much better...

Edited by farmersfight

Got the emails also.  This is helpful news as I, personally, suspect my October 2021 cruises MAY be just on the cusp of when cruising might somewhat return to whatever the new normal is.  I fully plan on cancelling prior to final payment if the cruising experience is going to be unacceptable to me, so this adds 2 months to that decision.  I'm on a back-to-back with the second one starting on the last day of October, so it just barely squeaked by for this current announcement.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Got the emails also.  This is helpful news as I, personally, suspect my October 2021 cruises MAY be just on the cusp of when cruising might somewhat return to whatever the new normal is.  I fully plan on cancelling prior to final payment if the cruising experience is going to be unacceptable to me, so this adds 2 months to that decision.  I'm on a back-to-back with the second one starting on the last day of October, so it just barely squeaked by for this current announcement.

I just want to double check. If NCL cancels the cruise, you have the option of getting a full refund instead of FCC?

Yes I noticed that you could cancel up to 15 days prior, but only receive FCC, that’s totally unacceptable to me, I always pay on Amex therefore have the section 75 option for a chargeback which I will do if circumstances haven’t changed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

I just want to double check. If NCL cancels the cruise, you have the option of getting a full refund instead of FCC?

Nothing that was announced today changes what happens if NCL cancels a cruise.  They simply changed the date by which you must make final payment.

If NCL cancels my cruise prior to final payment, I would expect the option to get my money back or to get an FCC.  If NCL cancels my cruise after final payment, I would expect the option to get my money back or to get an FCC.  However, if I cancel my cruise after final payment is due up to 15 days prior to the cruise, I can only get FCC back.

I plan on canceling my cruise prior to the new final payment due date if it's not obvious that the cruise will be sailing and that it will be a quality experience for me.  And I expect to take a full refund when I do that.  In my case, that will be a refund of a Cruise Next Certificate.  So minimal risk for me.  I'm not interested in playing the FCC game.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Thanks 1

We got our email last night too, pushing final payment from March to May.  Very happy as we aren't sure Europe is going to be ready by the end of July and are getting ready to book the same one for next year, under the new promo, just in case.

5 hours ago, farmersfight said:

The last two cancellation have not offered any FCC. It has been a full refund to the original form of payment automatically plus bonuses. 

Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment you provided at the time of your most current reservation. No further action is required on your part; your refund will be automatically processed within 15 business days. You will see the refund returned within 7-10 business days from the processed date. The visibility of the funds is dependent on your financial institution’s internal policies. 

If your most current reservation was paid via a previously issued Future Cruise Credit (FCC), 100% of the FCC used will be re-applied to your Latitudes account. No further action is required; the FCC will be automatically added within 7 days.

OUR THANKS TO YOU
We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Norwegian Cruise Line and as mentioned previously, we cannot wait to provide you with the cruise vacation you were hoping for and likely need now more than ever! Therefore, in addition to the 100% refund or return of your FCC, you may receive all of the following offers when you chose to rebook your Norwegian vacation through your Travel Advisor:

• A 10% OFF discount on your next cruise with us, combinable with all available promotions at the time of booking. The 10% OFF discount will be automatically added to your Latitudes account and will be available as of Wednesday, January 20, 2021. This discount can be used to make a booking through January 20, 2022 and can be applied towards any sailings through December 31, 2022.
  • 30% OFF! For a limited time only, if you book a new cruise by February 11, 2021 for any published voyage through 2023, you will receive an additional 30% OFF!
  • TAKE ALL! Again, for a very limited time, if you book a new cruise by February 11, 2021 for any published voyage through 2023, you may TAKE ALL. This limited time offer is a tremendous value allowing you to add all five of our Free at Sea amenities (TAKE ALL) when you reserve select stateroom categories for any published voyage. Amenities include a free unlimited beverage package, free specialty dining, a free Wi-Fi package, free shore excursion credits and reduced rates for family and friends - a value of up to $2,890 per person!
  • A $150 discount + Lower Deposit! If you purchase a $150 CruiseFirst certificate, which is a certificate towards your next cruise, we will match it with an additional $150 discount.

The combined value of these offers is well over $3,000 per person. This is our way of showing you how valuable you are to us. Please contact your Travel Advisor today to go over any of these offers.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The last two cancellation have not offered any FCC. It has been a full refund to the original form of payment automatically plus bonuses. 

Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment you provided at the time of your most current reservation. No further action is required on your part; your refund will be automatically processed within 15 business days. You will see the refund returned within 7-10 business days from the processed date. The visibility of the funds is dependent on your financial institution’s internal policies. 

If your most current reservation was paid via a previously issued Future Cruise Credit (FCC), 100% of the FCC used will be re-applied to your Latitudes account. No further action is required; the FCC will be automatically added within 7 days.

OUR THANKS TO YOU
We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Norwegian Cruise Line and as mentioned previously, we cannot wait to provide you with the cruise vacation you were hoping for and likely need now more than ever! Therefore, in addition to the 100% refund or return of your FCC, you may receive all of the following offers when you chose to rebook your Norwegian vacation through your Travel Advisor:

• A 10% OFF discount on your next cruise with us, combinable with all available promotions at the time of booking. The 10% OFF discount will be automatically added to your Latitudes account and will be available as of Wednesday, January 20, 2021. This discount can be used to make a booking through January 20, 2022 and can be applied towards any sailings through December 31, 2022.
  • 30% OFF! For a limited time only, if you book a new cruise by February 11, 2021 for any published voyage through 2023, you will receive an additional 30% OFF!
  • TAKE ALL! Again, for a very limited time, if you book a new cruise by February 11, 2021 for any published voyage through 2023, you may TAKE ALL. This limited time offer is a tremendous value allowing you to add all five of our Free at Sea amenities (TAKE ALL) when you reserve select stateroom categories for any published voyage. Amenities include a free unlimited beverage package, free specialty dining, a free Wi-Fi package, free shore excursion credits and reduced rates for family and friends - a value of up to $2,890 per person!
  • A $150 discount + Lower Deposit! If you purchase a $150 CruiseFirst certificate, which is a certificate towards your next cruise, we will match it with an additional $150 discount.

The combined value of these offers is well over $3,000 per person. This is our way of showing you how valuable you are to us. Please contact your Travel Advisor today to go over any of these offers.

Thanks. I assume these bonuses are for new NCL cruises booked, as well. Wow, I better book another NCL cruise today (last day) to get the 30% off and all 5 FAS perks! Just kidding; I think having 10 cruises currently booked (see my expanded signature block below) is enough for now. Maybe NCL will extend these bonuses today or bring them back later.

In any case, getting 10% off my next booked NCL cruise after getting a full refund (NCL cancels my cruise) is not bad.

Edited by farmersfight