Alaska 2021–CCL not giving up yet

Circlt

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Fain stressed the decision would ultimately be up to the CDC but noted summer cruises to Alaska and other destinations are looking increasingly likely in his opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Small ship cruises, likely.  The big cruise lines?  Nope.  Unless Canada opens its ports (which it shows no indication of doing) then there's no way any cruise line can meet the requirements of the PVSA.  Suits against the CDC notwithstanding, the PVSA isn't likely to be amended, or if by some miracle that happens, it's not going to be in time to save this year's season.

• 4 weeks later...

Carnival is getting brave announcing an 8 day Alaska cruise!!! Looks like we won't have long to wait for Carnival protocols, either!!!

Carnival Cruise Line  has already opened Alaska  sailings departing from Seattle  beginning July 27 , with weekly departures through September 14  aboard Carnival Miracle. There are seven 7-day cruises featuring calls in Juneau, Skagway , and Ketchikan , as well as scenic cruising in Tracy Arm Fjord. The September 14  departure is an 8-day cruise with an additional stop in Icy Strait Point . Carnival Cruise Line  is also working to finalize its plans to operate Carnival Horizon from Miami , and Carnival Vista and Carnival Breeze from Galveston in July. Itineraries along with specific details about protocols are expected to be finalized and announced next week.

Edited by BlerkOne

With such a shortened season, it doesn't make any sense for Carnival (or others) to not require vaccinations for Alaska cruises. To do non-rev test cruises would be a loser from the get go, and kids wouldn't be allowed on those, either. If vaccinations are a problem, I wouldn't book anything until you know what the protocols will be (as in they are currently sailing).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, OP here.  I can’t believe they’re really going to do it but they are! I ended up canceling our cruise on Freedom to Alaska.  My PVP was great and allowed me to book something else without losing any deposit. One thing I was wondering is how do they manage making everyone happy in translating Freedom cabins to Miracle  cabins. I had an aft wrap on Freedom, which is a balcony category. The aft wraps on Miracle are suite category.  Has anyone on this Alaska 2021 itinerary received their cabin reassignment yet on Miracle?

1 hour ago, Circlt said:

Hi, OP here.  I can’t believe they’re really going to do it but they are! I ended up canceling our cruise on Freedom to Alaska.  My PVP was great and allowed me to book something else without losing any deposit. One thing I was wondering is how do they manage making everyone happy in translating Freedom cabins to Miracle  cabins. I had an aft wrap on Freedom, which is a balcony category. The aft wraps on Miracle are suite category.  Has anyone on this Alaska 2021 itinerary received their cabin reassignment yet on Miracle?

I did.  I originally booked a balcony for 2020 and then upgraded to extended balcony.  Once 2020 was cancelled I moved my booking over to 2021... no extended balcony.  Once they moved from the Freedom to the Miracle, I was changed back to an extended balcony.  

Apparently our sailing (September 2021) had/has a lot of Texans who refuse to get the vaccine and cancelled.  This allowed more patient (and vaccinated travelers) who were unhappy with their cabin reassignment to make quick and more pleasing changes.

We're looking forward to going.  Lots of excitement in our cruise group page.