Delay to start of Trans-Tasman bubble

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Lucky We decided not to travel to Norfolk Island this week, because last time there was a hold on travel from NZ, people were stranded on Norfolk Island, when Air NZ stopped flying there.

Nice place to be stranded if travel insurance or the airline pays the bills. N.I. is not a cheap place to live.

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Lucky We decided not to travel to Norfolk Island this week, because last time there was a hold on travel from NZ, people were stranded on Norfolk Island, when Air NZ stopped flying there.

That's the main reason we're sticking to travelling by car until the world settles down. If borders get closed we have flexibility as to whst we can do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's the main reason we're sticking to travelling by car until the world settles down. If borders get closed we have flexibility as to whst we can do.

Indeed, that reverse gear is a necessity in these times.😂

I am heading back down to Merimbula end of next week, just for 3 nights.  My reverse gear will be engaged south of Eden.😁Before I get to Cann River anyway.  Even though I can travel in Vic with the green zone pass, I don't really want to, rules might change and I could be stranded in Rutherglen, drinking wine forever.🍷

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am heading back down to Merimbula end of next week, just for 3 nights.  My reverse gear will be engaged south of Eden.😁Before I get to Cann River anyway.  Even though I can travel in Vic with the green zone pass, I don't really want to, rules might change and I could be stranded in Rutherglen, drinking wine forever.🍷

Hope you have another lovely short trip south.  Just found a brochure for Countryside Kalaru where my daughters stayed when Merimbula was too expensive for a long stay.  Looks a beautiful traditional caravan park.

Agree now is not the time to travel in Vic., green zone or not.  

Checked out Raymonds Chinese which looks like great Chinese to have locally.  Loved that the owner didn't want to retire, with a burnt out restaurant, after the bushfires and started over again.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Nice place to be stranded if travel insurance or the airline pays the bills. N.I. is not a cheap place to live.

People who got stranded last time complained about the extra costs for accommodation and food until Qantas rescued them.  I doubt they would have been covered by insurance because the flights stopped because of the virus. 

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

A good place to get stranded, as is the King Valley. 

If we get stranded it'll be the Barossa, Clare Valley, McLaren Vale (although that's already on our itinerary) or Coonawarra.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm still waiting on over US$4500 to be refunded from Crystal. It's over 10 months since the cruise was cancelled.😡

Wow that confirms my belief that deposits on cruises were too high.  Have you taken all avenues to get the money back in USdollars?

18 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Wow that confirms my belief that deposits on cruises were too high.  Have you taken all avenues to get the money back in USdollars?

Noticed from Crystal thread that refunds are being made for cruises from US ports.  Was your cruise from a US port?  It was a foolish decision by our Govt to let the TA Consumer Protection Fund end.  I had UK Govt protection on my last UK cruise.  It provided pease of mind that I was covered.

34 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, we got 75% of the fare back through a credit card chargeback but the deposit was made outside the chargeback timeframe. We booked through a US TA but she can't do much. There are lots of other Crystal cruisers in the same situation. People who used Amex are getting refunds but not the rest of us who used other cards or direct payments.

15 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Noticed from Crystal thread that refunds are being made for cruises from US ports.  Was your cruise from a US port?  It was a foolish decision by our Govt to let the TA Consumer Protection Fund end.  I had UK Govt protection on my last UK cruise.  It provided pease of mind that I was covered.

No, it was a Western Europe B2B2B departing from Rome.

6 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Hope you have another lovely short trip south.  Just found a brochure for Countryside Kalaru where my daughters stayed when Merimbula was too expensive for a long stay.  Looks a beautiful traditional caravan park.

Agree now is not the time to travel in Vic., green zone or not.  

Checked out Raymonds Chinese which looks like great Chinese to have locally.  Loved that the owner didn't want to retire, with a burnt out restaurant, after the bushfires and started over again.  

Raymonds Chinese @ Malua Bay, am there tomorrow evening.  As for Merimbula, prices settling down, I got a good motel for $120 a night, nothing less than 3 star for me, but like many country/coastal areas, most motels are from the 70's and 80's.  All I want is a clean room, good bed and shower and a good cooked brekkie.

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

A good place to get stranded, as is the King Valley. 

If we get stranded it'll be the Barossa, Clare Valley, McLaren Vale (although that's already on our itinerary) or Coonawarra.

That will be tough, stranded there, lol.