Med cruise

rfs7306

Has anyone taken a med cruise in Nov. and if so how was the weather and were  you able to use your baloney? Going (hopefully) the week of Nov 12.  Have not booked air yet still looking for a deal very expensive right now. Any info you can give me about traveling the Med in November greatly appreciated. 

13 minutes ago, rfs7306 said:

Has anyone taken a med cruise in Nov. and if so how was the weather and were  you able to use your baloney? Going (hopefully) the week of Nov 12.  Have not booked air yet still looking for a deal very expensive right now. Any info you can give me about traveling the Med in November greatly appreciated. 

Just do a quick Google search for "November temperatures for (port name).  Easy.    Also, you don't need to bring baloney, there is plenty of food on board.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I have done November from Southampton, the cruise was great, had a window cabin, the only bad part was the Bay of Biscay, we were holding on to the bed...

Best time for seeing European capitals, not busy, temperatures were good enough for a short during the day, but colder at night.

• Like 1

Not been in November, but have done a Med cruise over Christmas/New Year and the weather was generally good.

It was a bit rough for the first day and we didn't bother booking a balcony room, but spent a reasonable amount of time outside during the cruise. Towards the end the sea was like a lake.

I prefer the weather during spring (and I assume that Autumn/Fall would be similar), but overall it was good in many ways better than the intense heat during the Summer.

As said above, much quieter as well. I wouldn't hesitate.

15 hours ago, Trimone said:

I have done November from Southampton, the cruise was great, had a window cabin, the only bad part was the Bay of Biscay, we were holding on to the bed...

Best time for seeing European capitals, not busy, temperatures were good enough for a short during the day, but colder at night.

we have been too and had great time. I agree with bay of biscay...on the way out it was awful. I have never had any bother with feeling ill on a ship ever before but I felt terrible however I went to purser desk and they gave me a tablet or something which sorted me out shortly afterwards. thank goodness.  On the way back I never felt a thing... although was panicking that I would.but apart from that id say if the cruise lines are cruising and you are fine with what the cruising experience will offer you then go for it...enjoy 

In 2019 we did a Venus to Miami cruise in November. You will probably want to bring a light jacket or coat and dress in layers. Be prepared for rain also. The weather on our cruise varied greatly, but we had a great time in each port. A balcony is always a nice to have but not a need to have. We are not in our cabins long other than to sleep and change clothes. 

In some ports it is advised you book an excursion in advance ie: Rome and Pisa.