Spa Suite Info

Skicruiser55

I am looking at booking a Spa Suite but wondered about the smoke smell I have read about.  It is really that bad in the cabin or balcony?  I have found it hard to find much info on those cabins and would like feedback from someone who has stayed in one.  Was is worth the extra money over club continent?  

Thanks - 

Kathy 

We were fortunate to stay in one and we never noticed any fumes, noise or vibrations. It actually felt and sounded quite isolated, in its own sealed corridor with only one other suite. Very spacious with a huge bathroom area. Fortunately, you can turn down/off the piped new age wellness music. It’s a personal call whether the extra cost is worth it but it was a really special one-off cruise experience for us.

17 hours ago, AJCM said:

We were fortunate to stay in one and we never noticed any fumes, noise or vibrations.

Ditto. We have booked the same suite for a September cruise that I fear will be postponed.

I have been in 9000 several times. There are four closest but two,are useless..not deep enough for hangers I store the extra pillows etc. from bed in one. Lack of storage.but the bathroom makes up for it.lots if counter space, great shower and tub, but I hide my folded clothes where ever. 

yes, I have booked again. Smell not in cabins but hall..I use my oils on the carpet by my door  and it helps. But cabin is very quiet. An extra walk for butler so if I am calling I have my lost so no extra trips for him.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ellbon said:

I have been in 9000 several times. There are four closest but two,are useless..not deep enough for hangers I store the extra pillows etc. from bed in one. Lack of storage.but the bathroom makes up for it.lots if counter space, great shower and tub, but I hide my folded clothes where ever. 

yes, I have booked again. Smell not in cabins but hall..I use my oils on the carpet by my door  and it helps. But cabin is very quiet. An extra walk for butler so if I am calling I have my lost so no extra trips for him.

List for him..oh and  I walk to pool bar to get ice  as I can get there faster thsn he can,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ellbon said:

List for him..oh and  I walk to pool bar to get ice  as I can get there faster thsn he can,

Thanks for the info - we have booked 9000 and looking forward to the experience.  Here’s hoping by Apr 2022 the world is in a “better” place!  It’s been hard trying to stay safe but soon I receive my second shot and will have some piece of mind.  

17 hours ago, Skicruiser55 said:

Thanks for the info - we have booked 9000 and looking forward to the experience.  Here’s hoping by Apr 2022 the world is in a “better” place!  It’s been hard trying to stay safe but soon I receive my second shot and will have some piece of mind.  

It is a great bathroom just go with the storage flow.also you have your own private door to spa area 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to 2022, also.  We also booked a spa suite (9002) on Pursuit for the 9 day France Intensive, and really looking forward to it.  Our 2021 cruise to wine country was canceled for obvious reasons, so crossing fingers!!!  Second shot next week!  

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Would like to follow up..

- "Own sealed corridor" - does it mean it has key entry, so only those staying in 9000-9002 can enter?

- Another question related to "also you have your own private door to spa area" - so you can get to the spa during its opening hours only, right? If so, can you use the spa's front section as, say, a communal balcony to get the front view? E.g., while approaching a harbor?

- Lastly, for the shower jets - it looks like there are three side jets on either side - how strong are they?

If someone experienced an NCL's 2BR haven (H6?) with a bathroom ocean view - how do the bathrooms compare?

Thanks!

Two answers - before the dry docks (so thinks might have changes) it does not have key entry, in theory anyone could use that as a route to the spa, but I have not seen anyone do it as the doors at each end are closed

You could get to the spa reception area but into the gym no,  Anyone with access to the spa deck eg all suite holders and all who have bought a spa pass can use the seating/lounging area at the front section when it is open.  It does give a good view and is a favourite of  photographers as if you go up the pool steps you get a glass and railing clear view of what is ahead which is not something you can get elsewhere (unless you have the owners suite)

• Like 1

I have stayed in the spa suite  and also club continent suite x 3 (I travel solo).  I personally would not pay the extra for the spa suite as yes the bathroom area is huge  with a very deep bath (which takes forever to fill), the bedroom area to me seemed a lot smaller than the continent suite.  The balcony too on the spa suite is very small, the balcony furniture being two small chairs and a coffee table, so not suitable for eating breakfast outside.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, suttonrunner said:

I have stayed in the spa suite  and also club continent suite x 3 (I travel solo).  I personally would not pay the extra for the spa suite as yes the bathroom area is huge  with a very deep bath (which takes forever to fill), the bedroom area to me seemed a lot smaller than the continent suite.  The balcony too on the spa suite is very small, the balcony furniture being two small chairs and a coffee table, so not suitable for eating breakfast outside.  

So how would you characterize the side jets - are they strong or so-so?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, voyager1964 said:

So how would you characterize the side jets - are they strong or so-so?

Thanks!

I never used the side jets just the rainfall shower above - great shower.  The bath is not a jacuzzi just an extremely deep round bath and with me being 5foot 2 I could hardly see the view outside.

4 hours ago, suttonrunner said:

I never used the side jets just the rainfall shower above - great shower.  The bath is not a jacuzzi just an extremely deep round bath and with me being 5foot 2 I could hardly see the view outside.

OK, let me clarify. A few years ago we stayed in a hotel in SLC, and DW visited their spa. There was a special water jet room with strong jets from all four sides, a rain shower and perhaps also from the floor. She says those jets made a tremendous job to massage and alleviate muscle pain. Much better than a jacuzzi. This is why I am thinking about the spa suite.

About its balcony: I looked at numerous images and it appears to me that the spa suite balcony is approximately the same size as that of a continental suite. At least the furniture seems similar. Am I wrong?

Thanks

52 minutes ago, voyager1964 said:

OK, let me clarify. A few years ago we stayed in a hotel in SLC, and DW visited their spa. There was a special water jet room with strong jets from all four sides, a rain shower and perhaps also from the floor. She says those jets made a tremendous job to massage and alleviate muscle pain. Much better than a jacuzzi. This is why I am thinking about the spa suite.

About its balcony: I looked at numerous images and it appears to me that the spa suite balcony is approximately the same size as that of a continental suite. At least the furniture seems similar. Am I wrong?

Thanks

Sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying in your first post. To be honest, given the water pressure on a ship you are never going to get powerful shower jets of massage quality. Just a good soaking. Just round the corner in the spa changing rooms there are two shower cubicles. One has side jets, but they aren't powerful in any shape or form. I like using it though. 

The balcony is definitely smaller.in a spa suite than a Club Continent. 

Phil 

4 hours ago, voyager1964 said:

Thanks

The balcony for me was a major letdown  I would not choose it again - but it is up to you not me