Saving $500?

Chas2crews

I am checking here to make sure I am doing this all Kosher.  I am looking at my first Silversea cruise in March 2023, traveling solo transoceanic.  As I am getting close to booking, deposit etc., it appears that if I am referred by someone, I get $500 as a discount or OBC, I am not sure.  I have my own travel agent, and I assume she cannot refer me.  But is it appropriate if someone here does it?  Even if technically it is doable, does it violate some unwritten code?  It is only $500 bucks at the end of the day, and it would not be worth it to me to get off on the wrong foot.  Thanks. 

Yes, Silversea now offers a Sail with Us offer that leads to a $500 savings per suite for you and the person that refers you.  Happy to refer you and believe you will truly enjoyk cruising with Silversea.  Tho, not a single, have sailed solo when my wife gave me a kitchen pass and the International Hostesses and Cruise Directors take good care of singles.  Having gatherings in the Panorama lounge for cocktails nightly, dinners or breakfasts.   When ready just send me an email below, here is how the program works:

For a limited time, when you refer a friend who has never sailed with Silversea, and they book a new voyage, you BOTH enjoy $500 savings per suite. This, on top of our regular Venetian Society savings (exclusive to Venetian Society members) and current promotions, delivers an unrivaled value for our luxury cruise voyages. What’s more, you aren’t required to sail with your friend, and you can apply up to 4 Referral Savings, up to $2,000, to a booking of your choice. You can refer up to 5 friends to Silversea until Mar 31, 2021.

1. You share with your friend your Venetian Society Number and your name. Your friend provides us or their travel advisor with your information when they make their booking, and we will process the referral.
2. After the referral is validated, both you and your friend will receive an email confirmation from Silversea.
3. You will be able to see you friend’s referral on My.Silversea.com and select your booking where you’d like your Referral Savings discount to be applied to.

11 minutes ago, WesW said:

Happy to refer you...

Be careful, Wes.  A LOT of SS eyes here.  

According to the terms of the program should you share your Venetian Society member number with people who are not friends to use, this constitutes improper use of the Referral Promotion and may result in the revocation of referral savings.

Just don’t want you to run into any problems down the road.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Be careful, Wes.  A LOT of SS eyes here.  

According to the terms of the program should you share your Venetian Society member number with people who are not friends to use, this constitutes improper use of the Referral Promotion and may result in the revocation of referral savings.

Just don’t want you to run into any problems down the road.

Wise words Stumbles, I’m sure the promotion is intended to people recommending SS to their friends, I’m not sure it was intended to be used this way and what the t&cs are but it seems unlikely to be within the spirit (if not the t&cs) of the promotion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I’m not sure it was intended to be used this way...

Agreed, Davey.  Wes is a loooong time passenger with SS and has a tremendous history with the line and I’d hate if he lost all of the goodwill he has built over the years for a measly $500.

• Like 2

How do you think Silversea will investigate "friends"? Do you really imagine there will be a quiz to measure your friendship with the referrer? 😉  (For what it's worth, Seabourn has such a referral program, and there is no investigation of the relationship between refrerrer and referree.)

Good conversation, all.  I did not realize it was a Venetian society thing.  But to cruiseEJ’s point, I toss it to the group what is the right thing.  I can share my email to cement the friendship, but again, if it is not the way it works, I am okay.

In the T&Cs they have mentioned that:

The referred booking must be from a guest who has not previously sailed with Silversea, and is a friend or family member of the Venetian Society member. Sharing the Venetian Society member number in public forums or social media or with people or travel advisors who are not friends to use, constitutes an improper use of the Referral Promotion. This may result in the revocation of referral savings.

In the event of suspected fraud or action conducted in bad faith with the aim of manipulating the Referral Promotion, Silversea reserves the right to immediately void any claims, cancel bookings or terminate membership of the Venetian Society.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

In the T&Cs they have mentioned that:

The referred booking must be from a guest who has not previously sailed with Silversea, and is a friend or family member of the Venetian Society member. Sharing the Venetian Society member number in public forums or social media or with people or travel advisors who are not friends to use, constitutes an improper use of the Referral Promotion. This may result in the revocation of referral savings.

In the event of suspected fraud or action conducted in bad faith with the aim of manipulating the Referral Promotion, Silversea reserves the right to immediately void any claims, cancel bookings or terminate membership of the Venetian Society.

QED

On 2/20/2021 at 9:31 PM, Daveywavey70 said:

Wise words Stumbles, I’m sure the promotion is intended to people recommending SS to their friends, I’m not sure it was intended to be used this way and what the t&cs are but it seems unlikely to be within the spirit (if not the t&cs) of the promotion. 

Agree .What is proposed is total misuse of a loyalty programme.Hope SS do something about it to protect loyal SS cruisers who treat the programme with the utmost respect it deserves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2021 at 10:38 PM, cruiseej said:

How do you think Silversea will investigate "friends"? Do you really imagine there will be a quiz to measure your friendship with the referrer? 😉  (For what it's worth, Seabourn has such a referral program, and there is no investigation of the relationship between refrerrer and referree.)

Viking also has (or had) such a referral program and they did spot someone who was getting a lot of referral action here on Cruise Critic – and went back and stripped that person and all the newbies of their discounts.  If you did it once, they probably couldn't know.  But patterns are easy to spot.

• Like 2