10 Day Southern Carib on Nieuw Statendam

mr. godfredo

Just booked this cruise for March 27th of 2022! After having our European Splendor cruise cancelled for last summer (Zuiderdam), then our Canada New England cancelled for this coming June (Zaandam) , we now are booked on the 10 night Sol Carrib for March of 22. If this one gets cancelled, I give up! 

Good luck to you.  I have been trying to book this cruise for Jan 2022, without success.  My TA could not book it unless it is a Guaranteed booking--You cannot pick your own cabin. Do not understand why?

Can someone  help me understand Hal's  marketing?   Is it too early to obtain an "advantage fare"🤔

24 minutes ago, golfbagger said:

Good luck to you.  I have been trying to book this cruise for Jan 2022, without success.  My TA could not book it unless it is a Guaranteed booking--You cannot pick your own cabin. Do not understand why?

Can someone  help me understand Hal's  marketing?   Is it too early to obtain an "advantage fare"🤔

It probably has to do with the fact that the 10 day sailing is also sold in conjunction with the following 11 day sailing as a 21 day sailing. That time of year on that ship there are a lot of people sailing for 21 days or longer and they take up the room inventory. We are booked on the Jan 12- Feb 2 combo and there are also people booked on the Jan 2-Jan 23 variation and also some on the Jan 23- Feb13 variation. You can see that would complicate reservations and may be the reason you can only book a guarantee depending on what type of stateroom you are desiring. Hope this helps explain what might be going on.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mr. godfredo said:

Just booked this cruise for March 27th of 2022! After having our European Splendor cruise cancelled for last summer (Zuiderdam), then our Canada New England cancelled for this coming June (Zaandam) , we now are booked on the 10 night Sol Carrib for March of 22. If this one gets cancelled, I give up! 

Hopefully three is the charm!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golfbagger said:

That’s very strange, I always book my own cabin and did so for the Feb 13, 2022 NS sailing.  I never would book a guarantee cabin, I like my cabn in a specific area of the ship.  I would give HAL a call and ask why......

41 minutes ago, golfbagger said:

Thanks for the help, Cailey and Doone.  I Just tried ( from my Hal account) the Feb. 13 NS  and got the same block to changing a stateroom.   Think I will call Hal next week😁

Absolutely call HAL, as I have just tried to book the Feb 13 cruise and have no problem in selecting a stateroom!  

48 minutes ago, golfbagger said:

Thanks for the help, Cailey and Doone.  I Just tried ( from my Hal account) the Feb. 13 NS  and got the same block to changing a stateroom.   Think I will call Hal next week😁

Golfbagger can you share what type of stateroom you are trying to book? VMax said they have no trouble booking a specific cabin— it may be that the category (eg. inside or Neptune) may just not have inventory. I agree however, call HAL tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cailey53 said:

Golfbagger can you share what type of stateroom you are trying to book? VMax said they have no trouble booking a specific cabin— it may be that the category (eg. inside or Neptune) may just not have inventory. I agree however, call HAL tomorrow. 

Note that I am in Ireland and will be accessing a different area of the booking system.  

Perhaps there is a promo running at the moment which is based on gty room?

I know that whenever I am going through the on-line booking engine, I'm always given a guarantee...but am also able to 'change stateroom' and attempt to choose a specific one.

Booked on the 11-night NS just before this one...Mar 16th.  Really hoping this one goes!!

• Like 1