First Silversea & Solo - Singapore to HK and B2B HK 5th Jan 2022

tmacktravels

Excited, although bank account not so, as just paid balance for the above (no negative comments required on paying in full a year in advance, as a solo, this was great for me). Looking forward to my first Silversea. So much so, I ended up with a B2B. Flying from Edinburgh.

I am so looking forward to this and joining, what appears to be a family. I think it will be fabulous, great itineraries, marvellous company and cuisine. Sounds like the Trivia is fun and competitive and I look forward to being part of a team. What will I love the most? Love to hear all your comments.

Thanks T.x

Edited by tmacktravels
  • Like 1

Welcome to Silversea Tracy.  Believe you will love how Silversea treats its solo passengers.  The international hostess and cruise director will host multiple events daily for single passengers.  You will get to know fellow singles at cocktail parties, meals, et.al. The crew will make you feel more than welcome.

Also, as Brian/Stumblefoot mentions the Silversea crew takes exceptional care of you.  Your Butler will handle almost any request you may have--making restaurant reservations, shining your shoes, getting special garments pressed in a timely fashion. 

Also, if you want a special meal/food request, you can talk to the Restaurant Manager and he/she will make it happen.  For example, Ida and I like fresh avocado at every dinner meal, and I have Cappuccino delivered every day at 4a.m.  So, if you want Dover Sole, Baked Alaska, or an Indian meal just ask.  Silversea just needs 24 hours to make your special dining requests happen.  

Enjoy your first Silversea cruise and please let us know how it goes.

• Like 4

Welcome aboard from me as well. I am a solo cruiser too and have sailed with SS 3 times (should have been 5) but we all know what happened in 2020.

I do have 3 future cruises booked though and hoping to sail all of them!😃

What I love the most? Everything👍...love the ambiance, the food, the service, the size of the

ships, and as others mentioned, the crew.  They are fabulous.  They have always made me feel

very welcomed🙂.   I agree with Wes' comments about the hostesses.....they are fantastic.

I had dinner with a couple of them various times and are just a pleasure to get to know and will

also help you out if you have any questions about anything. 

Hope you enjoy your first SS cruise🙂

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Welcome aboard from me as well. I am a solo cruiser too and have sailed with SS 3 times (should have been 5) but we all know what happened in 2020.

I do have 3 future cruises booked though and hoping to sail all of them!😃

What I love the most? Everything👍...love the ambiance, the food, the service, the size of the

ships, and as others mentioned, the crew.  They are fabulous.  They have always made me feel

very welcomed🙂.   I agree with Wes' comments about the hostesses.....they are fantastic.

I had dinner with a couple of them various times and are just a pleasure to get to know and will

also help you out if you have any questions about anything. 

Hope you enjoy your first SS cruise🙂

Thanks Lois, such a lovely post and makes the wait, so much more worthwhile. Like many, I am eager to start travelling again. Xx

You are already aware I’m soloing on that cruise too.

re the cappuccino at 4am.  Last year on Muse my daughter ordered a huge breakfast at around 4am for a 7am delivery. Think tick every box on the menu and then added chicken nuggets to the order.  She had been partying pretty hard before with some other young ones and didn’t quite remember making the order 

Not only did she get everything.... but the nuggets were a centrepiece..... pretty sure I have never seen chicken nuggets on the menu (stand to be corrected) 

Our butler on delivery smiled and said, “we aim to please”. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MrsWaldo said:

re the cappuccino at 4am.  Last year on Muse my daughter ordered a huge breakfast at around 4am for a 7am delivery. Think tick every box on the menu and then added chicken nuggets to the order.  She had been partying pretty hard before with some other young ones and didn’t quite remember making the order 

I’m glad you mentioned that! 

We’re new to Silversea to, normally we cruise Crystal and one of my reservations about Silversea was that there was no nightlife. This gives me hope 😁👍🥂🥪🍟

I've been known to order a very early morning snack after returning from the Avenue piano bar on Crystal - good to know that’s going to be possible on Silversea 

Standby for lots of questions over the coming months - sadly we have 15 months before we board Silver Muse in Tokyo heading to Vancouver 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

I’m glad you mentioned that! 

We’re new to Silversea to, normally we cruise Crystal and one of my reservations about Silversea was that there was no nightlife. This gives me hope 😁👍🥂🥪🍟

I think it does vary by cruise, our Med cruise with SS there were only a dozen or so people still up at midnight. The Alaska cruise was much younger and there were a couple of dozen most nights in the Panorama Lounge. They were a fantastic crowd and have resulted in some wonderful long term friendships. The DJ on the Alaska Muse cruise though was at best prickly and clearly wanted to be in bed by midnight. You just have to make your own party! 

• Like 1

Hi,🙂 I agree with DW.....it really does depend on the cruise.   I would not say my cruises had

"partying" but then again, I don't normally stay up late anyway.  They do offer shows in the

theater and as mentioned, sometimes they have music and dancing in the Panorama Lounge.

To be honest, when sailing to the Med, most days are filled with excursions and so an evening

of partying is not really on my radar.   But I always have a good time😃