Ponant cruising from Aus now?

This article really annoys me.  I appreciate there is fault on both sides of this issue but there are so many inaccuracies in this article that it upsets me more than it should.  Plainly, I have had a long day.  Anyway, apparently Ponant are cruising out of Aus later in the year.  If this is accurate.

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/5881/?et_cid=3407215&et_rid=114309097&et_referrer=Boards

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lissie said:

I agree that 's deeply inaccurate - not least because  the ships mentioned for Oz is NOT the ship that failed to get he appropriate approvals for NZ 

I agree item is inaccurate, so I can understand why you are annoyed. 

As some of you know my son..Mr Chimu is in the travel industry, Latin America travel and charters mainly Russian expedition ships to the Antarctic from Ushaia in Chile, all closed currently. In the past couple of months he has tried to get expedition cruises going from Hobart, like has happened in NZ, no luck, Federal and Tasmanian government are nervous re foreign ships.

He tells me  Ponant wants to come here but govts have not given the ok.. so whilst Ponant has scheduled these small ship cruises, it does not mean they will be goers.

19 hours ago, NSWP said:

In the past couple of months he has tried to get expedition cruises going from Hobart, like has happened in NZ, no luck, Federal and Tasmanian government are nervous re foreign ships.

Hopefully with the vaccinations started here, and some positive outcomes with some cruises elsewhere, the authorities will start to lose their nervousness. If the crews are vaccinated and quarantined, and only vaccinated passengers travel, the risks will be greatly minimised. Just cull the Covidiots & antivaxers and we can get somewhere back to normal 😮

Of course music festivals like on the weekend in Victoria are liable to put it all back a few steps, but we must remain positive.

I wish your son nothing but good luck 

• Like 1