World Cruise 2023

turtlemichael

The 2023 World Cruise of 8 segments from Sydney to Fort Lauderdale (140 days, January 9 to May 28, 2023) has appeared on the website.  For what it is worth, for the full cruise all the larger suites are waitlisted. The various veranda categories, and vista suites, appear to be available. For all of the 8 segments individually the same veranda and vista suite categories are available. Additionally, all the larger suites appear to be available on the Cape Town to Dakar segment only. I guess this could change quickly. The preliminary prices, published to former world cruisers, appear to have held.  I'm viewing the site in Australia.  Roll on January 9, 2023.

Edited by turtlemichael
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, turtlemichael said:

The 2023 World Cruise of 8 segments from Sydney to Fort Lauderdale (140 days, January 9 to May 28, 2023) has appeared on the website.  For what it is worth, for the full cruise all the larger suites are waitlisted. The various veranda categories, and vista suites, appear to be available. For all of the 8 segments individually the same veranda and vista suite categories are available. Additionally, all the larger suites appear to be available on the Cape Town to Dakar segment only. I guess this could change quickly. The preliminary prices, published to former world cruisers, appear to have held.  I'm viewing the site in Australia.  Roll on January 9, 2023.

Nicely done Turtle!  Really hope this cruise is an awesome one!  I hope you plan to use this thread as a planning and information source for folks prior to the sail on January 9, 2023 and a blog of sorts once the cruise begins in earnest.  You are the perfect ambassador for this adventure!  Best wishes and I will be following avidly!

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

As the 🐢  can confirm, SS claims to have received a record number of bookings already.

I have absolutely no reason to doubt Fernando but there can be many reasons to hold back "inventory" apart from being full.

2 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

I have absolutely no reason to doubt Fernando but there can be many reasons to hold back "inventory" apart from being full.

Me neither.  I didn’t take his comment to mean they are sold out but rather, have received more bookings than ever for a WC at this point in time.  Kudos to SS!

• Like 1

I believe 2019 WC was the highest total with about 240 WCers.  2020 WC was less with about 220 or so.  SS has updated the website with the full itinerary, a list of tentative shorex (both complimentary and paid) in addition to a 64 page brochure that highlights an amazing list of 10 WC events.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DCCruiser57 said:

I believe 2019 WC was the highest total with about 240 WCers.  2020 WC was less with about 220 or so.  SS has updated the website with the full itinerary, a list of tentative shorex (both complimentary and paid) in addition to a 64 page brochure that highlights an amazing list of 10 WC events.  

It sounds magical DCC!  Hope you and HunEBear have a spectacular adventure!

• Like 1

The  full world cruise has become waitlist in all categories this morning. And availability of vistas and classic verandas seem to have disappeared for individual segments. If that  all means anything! 

Edited by turtlemichael
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

The  full world cruise has become waitlist in all categories this morning. And availability of vistas and classic verandas seem to have disappeared for individual segments. If that  all means anything! 

WOW!  The travel itch has spread!  It's going to be epic!  😁

• Like 1

TM - Harriet said this may be a case where folks with FCCs thought they could use them for the deposit and when they found out you could not, coming up with $40-$50K USD for the deposit 21 months in advance may have caused them to reconsider.

• Like 3

caused them to reconsider …
"some" of them may have had a look at the Worldwide Covid positives graph which has been climbing steeply for the past month.

"some" of them may have also quietly considered the likely state of the proposed ports that the ship "hopes" to visit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tgh said:

caused them to reconsider …
"some" of them may have had a look at the Worldwide Covid positives graph which has been climbing steeply for the past month.

"some" of them may have also quietly considered the likely state of the proposed ports that the ship "hopes" to visit.

I am yet to go on a cruise that has not had changed ports for one reason or another. As the start of WC2023 is still more than 21 months away there is plenty of time for ports to change for all sorts of reasons, some of which we may not even know about yet.  I appreciate though that until ships are sailing again without incident, booking a future cruise is a leap in the dark. I am however more confident than I was a few months ago, for what that is worth!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

I am yet to go on a cruise that has not had changed ports for one reason or another. As the start of WC2023 is still more than 21 months away there is plenty of time for ports to change for all sorts of reasons, some of which we may not even know about yet.  I appreciate though that until ships are sailing again without incident, booking a future cruise is a leap in the dark. I am however more confident than I was a few months ago, for what that is worth!

Right now I am less confident about 2022 cruises, South America particularly.  I have been wanting to book a section from Manaus to Ft Lauderdale and combine that with a separate, (not SS), excursion into the upper Amazon. I have been following the CV-19 in Brazil closely and they are going up fast and currently set to overwhelm their healthcare system.  I know it is still a year away, and it could change dramatically, but I am hoping for the best and still planning for the worst.  Europe and Asia may be a different situation entirely.  Let's hope so!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My "My Silversea" page for the WC2023 now contains the following entries:

Transfer 09 Jan 2023  Apt To Pier - Private (Wc 23)  Silversea Transfer

Excursion 09 Jan 2023  Fshxwc23 - Full Wc

Apropos of nothing and probably as evidence of boredom this morning, I'm guessing that the Excursion may be to the welcome function/dinner and the FSH might be the Four Seasons Hotel.

• Like 1