Got a Curious APEX/EDGE Survey asking about the Infinite Verandas

cgolf1

Earlier this week we got a survey about infinite verandas on the APEX/EDGE. In hindsight I wonder if it was sent to gauge our interest in upgrading from our oceanview in late 2021, because they will still be not allowing those rooms at that point? Did others get this survey?

I hope that we will be allowed to keep our oceanview room, as we chose a forward facing oceanview room to get the forward facing view without paying the suite price. This was our biggest disappointment in the EDGE the lack of a forward view for regular passengers. Not sure if I would upgrade or not, depends on the money involved.

I got it too. Have sailed on Edge in a porthole balcony and infinite veranda. Was booked for Edge this year in a Oceanview but that was cancelled. Booked on Apex in a suite the day before the survey!

Wendy 

• Like 1

If you are asking about IVs, there are many on each side of the issue.  We did not like it.  The bridge can override your window switch (and did on our cruise) at the slightest hint of weather.  It became a picture window most of the time.  Not a fan.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

I got it too. Have sailed on Edge in a porthole balcony and infinite veranda. Was booked for Edge this year in a Oceanview but that was cancelled. Booked on Apex in a suite the day before the survey!

Wendy 

5 hours ago, CruisinNole said:

I received it. I have cruised on Edge but don't currently have a cruise booked on her.

Could be it was because we were on the Edge as well then. We sailed one of the insides that is in the hallway shared with a Sky suite, it was a great room even with the King size bed.

Thanks for the replies, I will continue to hold out hope that we will still get to sail in the forward facing ocean view. We chose that over some of the balcony options because the porthole looks huge compared to other ocean view rooms, and looks like has a curtain we can sit behind so we won't wake up our college aged daughter while we look out in the morning.

12 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Huge window, yes. Curtain you can sit behind, I don’t think so. It seems to me that it was fastened at top and bottom and could only be slid side to side in front of the window

C818F964-CD31-421E-B2EC-B12EFCB22052.jpeg

Well bummer for her, she will just have to get up early;) That is an awesome view though. We had a forward facing on the Brilliance and thought the little port hole was incredible, this will be really nice. Thanks for sharing the picture.

7 hours ago, CruisinNole said:

I received it. I have cruised on Edge but don't currently have a cruise booked on her.

Same here.  We sailed in Aqua Class and enjoyed Blu.  As for the cabin, thought it was small and not a fan of the Infinite Balcony.  I just love walking out on a real balcony in the middle of the night and watching the stars on a clear night.  Heck, I just love a real balcony!

Edited by DragonflyCruiser

I received the survey as well and voiced my generally negative thoughts on the Infinite Veranda cabin we stayed in. Did like the bathroom and the storage but did not like the "veranda" due to its small space and furniture scaled too large for it.  The top down window covering is fraught with issues. When the shade is up during the day the sun heats up the room and if it is partially closed the only view is the bottom half of the veranda. And forget being an early riser and being able to go onto the infinite veranda without the great outdoor light awakening your cabin-mate since those bifold window/doors separating the main cabin from the infinite veranda are translucent.