St. Maarten after the cruise

rsail203

5 minutes ago, rsail203 said:

Thanks, I will, but I figured that less people will be on that board.

If I am understanding correctly, you are looking for something to do from 9am - 2pm, the time between your flight?

2 minutes ago, rsail203 said:

KWW88-Yes.

If I recall the airport is fairly close to the cruise terminal.  Perhaps do a search for a nice restaurant near the terminal and spend some time enjoying a nice leisurely brunch on the water.  It's not really all that much time to kill.

Agree with KWW88, it really isn't that much time to kill. You will most likely get to the airport around Noon. I like the brunch idea, it will be relaxing and you start off your trip with a belly full of good food.

On another board it was suggested that I go to brunch near the terminal. Brunch is a great idea. Anyone have suggestions for a nice restaurant near the terminal? Keep in mind that there has to be a place with room for our luggage.

13 hours ago, rsail203 said:

On another board it was suggested that I go to brunch near the terminal. Brunch is a great idea. Anyone have suggestions for a nice restaurant near the terminal? Keep in mind that there has to be a place with room for our luggage.

I asked a friend who goes to St Maarten frequently, she suggested Chesterfields has a very good breakfast/brunch and said maybe a 10 minute walk from the pier

• 3 weeks later...

I have cruised out of St Maarten on Windstar and Star Clippers and Chesterfields is very close to the port and has nice view on the water and good food, just a short walk from there you are at Front Street where all the shops and bars and restaurants are located and many on our cruise who had flights later in the day would end up at one of the bars/restaurants to spend the day.  A taxi there if you don't want to walk will not be much, I always spent the night after the cruise in town and saw many of them at the bars and good place to relax before the flight.

Actuallee... You may not be disembarking that early. Remember, this is not the usual disembarkation!

They have to give us the antigen tests again, and then we have to wait for the results. No one was allowed to book flights earlier than 11am, meaning the folks who need to get to the airport by 9:30 or so will be tested and disembarking first. You'll likely be in one of the later groups, as are we with a 2pm flight. Plan to sit around the terminal for, oh, HOURS, lol.

On 5/4/2021 at 12:12 PM, sofietucker said:

They have to give us the antigen tests again, and then we have to wait for the results.

Not true. 

Q. #3: Currently, the U.S. requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for those arriving into the U.S. by international air. Will Celebrity Cruises administer this test? Who pays for it?

A: Celebrity Cruises will administer an antigen test onboard the ship, and cover the related cost, should it be required for country re-entry. The test will be administered just before the end of the cruise, and guests will be provided a copy of their test result. Current U.S. requirements stipulate that returning international travelers must get tested no more than 3 days before re-entering the United States. Therefore, cruise guests should plan to fly home within 24 hours of departing the ship, for the test result to be within the the valid window. Otherwise, guests re-entering the U.S. at a later date will need to secure their own test, at their expense, closer to their re-entry date.

Debarkation morning is already crazy enough without having to give COVID tests to most of the ship then have them wait for the results.  If they were testing on debarkation morning, people could fly back to the US as late as the Tuesday versus within 24 hours (technically any time Sunday) as advised by Celebrity.

Please stop posting misinformation the boards.

Please stop posting misinformation on the boards.

9 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Not true. 

Q. #3: Currently, the U.S. requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for those arriving into the U.S. by international air. Will Celebrity Cruises administer this test? Who pays for it?

A: Celebrity Cruises will administer an antigen test onboard the ship, and cover the related cost, should it be required for country re-entry. The test will be administered just before the end of the cruise, and guests will be provided a copy of their test result. Current U.S. requirements stipulate that returning international travelers must get tested no more than 3 days before re-entering the United States. Therefore, cruise guests should plan to fly home within 24 hours of departing the ship, for the test result to be within the the valid window. Otherwise, guests re-entering the U.S. at a later date will need to secure their own test, at their expense, closer to their re-entry date.

Debarkation morning is already crazy enough without having to give COVID tests to most of the ship then have them wait for the results.  If they were testing on debarkation morning, people could fly back to the US as late as the Tuesday versus within 24 hours (technically any time Sunday) as advised by Celebrity.

Please stop posting misinformation the boards.

Please stop posting misinformation on the boards.

But you just posted the very same info your very own self!

YOU SAID: The test will be administered just before the end of the cruise, and guests will be provided a copy of their test result.

That is exactly what I said. Please do not attack others before carefully reading and understanding their comments.

3 hours ago, sofietucker said:

But you just posted the very same info your very own self!

YOU SAID: The test will be administered just before the end of the cruise, and guests will be provided a copy of their test result.

That is exactly what I said. Please do not attack others before carefully reading and understanding their comments.

"Before the end of the cruise" does not necessarily mean on debarkation morning. It could be as early as Thursday and still meet the CDC's 3-day window to get tested before returning to the US and be consistent with X's guidance that the onboard test at their expense is only sufficient to meet CDC requirements if you fly back to the US within 24 hours of departing the ship.

Please don't read something into X's guidance that isn't there.