Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022

TayanaLorna

Is anyone able to see any tours now? I was able to put some in my cart before it crashed. It shows items in my cart and I see them on my calendar but when I click on the cart, it says my cart is empty. And now it is back to "We are sorry, but there are currently no shore excursions to view on this day." I also see the "chat" function is not available. 

Anyone who was able to see and put anything into their cart is way ahead of us.  We keep getting error messages or no shore excursions to book messages.  I feared this would happen when they opened up all cruises left at one time.  Arrrgh   

4 minutes ago, Gojagators said:

Anyone who was able to see and put anything into their cart is way ahead of us.  We keep getting error messages or no shore excursions to book messages.  I feared this would happen when they opened up all cruises left at one time.  Arrrgh   

I got two in my cart but can’t pay

EmptyK, my experience matches yours: Got 2 excursions we most wanted into the cart--and they show up in the icon--but when I try to check out the cart registers as empty. Guess we just have to wait. In my mother's immortal words, "Grrrr!"

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gojagators said:

It is worse than you think. They only opened up  through July 27.

In the meantime, because I am ROTFLMAO and though you all might need a laugh as well, this is part of the content that hit my inbox just 25 minutes before shorex were due to open. It was directed to my husband, because he doesn't have an MVJ account, inviting his to open an account. I get them regularly but I thought the timing on this was guffaw worthy and sometimes when the going is tough, we just need a laugh:

image.png.16b701b7b7a811c380ef240044bb1069.png

2 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

In the meantime, because I am ROTFLMAO and though you all might need a laugh as well, this is part of the content that hit my inbox just 25 minutes before shorex were due to open. It was directed to my husband, because he doesn't have an MVJ account, inviting his to open an account. I get them regularly but I thought the timing on this was guffaw worthy and sometimes when the going is tough, we just need a laugh:

I received the same email, and I do have a MVJ already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Yes, I also get an email from Viking at 11:35 EDT inviting me to open a MVJ account; although I have one already.  

Just what is Viking thinking?

9 minutes ago, sleepybobo said:

Yes, I also get an email from Viking at 11:35 EDT inviting me to open a MVJ account; although I have one already.  

Just what is Viking thinking?

That was probably sent out to mitigate any complaints about not being able to sign up for excursions.

In other words - CYA!

Edited by Heartgrove

2 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

That was probably sent out to mitigate any complaints about not being able to sign up for excursions.

In other words - CYA!

Three times I checked out my cart only to be told that the payment failed. My credit card shows all 3 charges. I'm am NOT OK with this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

In other words - CYA!

The funny (or not so funny) thing is we're on the July 31 sailing.  We are not in the current batch who can book excursions today.  And Viking invited me to sign up today to add to the web traffic?

1 minute ago, FoggyEthan said:

Three times I checked out my cart only to be told that the payment failed. My credit card shows all 3 charges. I'm am NOT OK with this.

THANKS! We have done the same thing and are beginning to get the alerts!

Jupiter Departing 27th July.

Having seen the above "100% Predictable" issues that I also experienced in the UK, I decided to ring Viking UK direct and booked very easily over the phone all the excursions I wanted apart from the final day - 2nd Aug. Westman Islands that apparently are not yet loaded up. 

2 minutes ago, SkystheLimit said:

Same issue here.

I had same issue. Checked credit card and saw charge pending. Excursions still showed up in my cart, so not wanting to be billed twice, I removed them. Now they don't show up on my calendar, when I can get to it, that is. If I book again I'm sure I'll be charged again. Not sure what to do.

Those who have gotten multiple charges on your credit card: Had you entered CC info during excursion booking, or had the system automatically used CC with which you booked the cruise? My shopping cart icon shows two excursions but when I try to check out it tells me cart is empty. I'd hate to think my card used in booking cruise is being charged each time I re-try! 

Just checked by phone and some charges that failed were actually confirmed .  My calendar is totally screwed up.  Can’t even see my restaurant reservations I made a month ago. There seems to be communication problems between the different sites.  Wouldn’t worry about the duplicate pending charges since only one will actually go through.  The only issue with pending is that depending on your card limit it may reach the maximum amount on the card until the pending is resolved.