Anthem Large Balcony 2C Cabin 10162

Researching now looks like a 2C large balcony cabin is 177 sq ft balcony 65 sq ft while a 2D regular balcony cabin is listed as 198 sq ft balcony 55 sq ft. Is the cabin really that much smaller? Trying to decide on category. 

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

Researching now looks like a 2C large balcony cabin is 177 sq ft balcony 65 sq ft while a 2D regular balcony cabin is listed as 198 sq ft balcony 55 sq ft. Is the cabin really that much smaller? Trying to decide on category. 

The 2C staterooms are 198 sq ft.  Those balconies are larger than the 2D.

3 hours ago, CaroleC said:

2C’s are 177 sq. ft. according to the Anthem deck plans

Thank you. I did see that on the deck plans on RCL site & was hoping it was a misprint. Seems odd that it would only be 177 sq ft. Was hoping that maybe someone actually stayed in one of those cabins. I did Google it & looked on YouTube but couldn’t find anything. 

17 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Thank you. I did see that on the deck plans on RCL site & was hoping it was a misprint. Seems odd that it would only be 177 sq ft. Was hoping that maybe someone actually stayed in one of those cabins. I did Google it & looked on YouTube but couldn’t find anything. 

Without having stayed in one I would say that this is one of the many misprints with cabin sizes that appears on the website.  

Generally the deck plans representations of cabin sizes is accurate and these the D and C cabins look to be identical unlike other ships where you can clearly see a difference in the size of the cabins even if that difference is 15 or 20 Sq ft.

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Without having stayed in one I would say that this is one of the many misprints with cabin sizes that appears on the website.  

Generally the deck plans representations of cabin sizes is accurate and these the D and C cabins look to be identical unlike other ships where you can clearly see a difference in the size of the cabins even if that difference is 15 or 20 Sq ft.

OK thank you. I switched yesterday from a 2D to a 2C without looking at cabin footage then when I noticed I was second guessing myself if I did the right thing. 

2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

OK thank you. I switched yesterday from a 2D to a 2C without looking at cabin footage then when I noticed I was second guessing myself if I did the right thing. 

Here is a YouTube video of cabin 6658 on Anthem.

These balcony cabins are smaller but have a square profile so are not long and narrow like the regular  Cat. D balcony cabins.

Edited by robtulipe

2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Stayed in the larger verandas many times... 

I didn't notice any reduction in cabin size,  however the verandas are really great...

link.jpg

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

10162 has the bed by the balcony.  This is an incorrect stock photo

Don't you hate websites that post incorrect photos without a disclaimer? 

I should know better with 10162 since my wife informed we that we were in 10162 two cruises ago and reminded me how I banged into the veranda door each time I got out of bed..