Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Carnival has a much different crowd than Celebrity. Some old old timers seek out the sleepier lines, Carnival is as far away as you can get from the sleepy lines. Waaaay different demographic and much younger average age overall. Plenty of older folks but not a senior cruise dominant like other lines, the age demographic runs the gamut from small kids to elderly but middle age seems to dominate IMO.   

Try a journey cruise lol DIAMONDS every where 

Just now, cruiseracer said:

I'm happy to clear this up for you. ANY cruiseline company can implement ANY requirement they choose, regardless of race, location, planet... At that point; it becomes my choice to purchase or not. Is that clear enough for you?

Crystal..but once again, what is the political stance of Princess cruise line that upsets you so?

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Speak with your wallet and book with RCI, NCL, X, Princess, basically every line except Carnival and MSC.  Policies have not yet been determined on US embarking cruises, but based on current trends and the voice of idiot Arnold Donald the above hypothesis should be true.

Your choice...

4 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

I'm happy to clear this up for you. ANY cruiseline company can implement ANY requirement they choose, regardless of race, location, planet... At that point; it becomes my choice to purchase or not. Is that clear enough for you?

Apparently not in Florida with vaccines.

Let's say that Carnival and other cruise lines stay with the no vaccine policy. In reality, the US population will still have a relatively high percentage of pax that have been vaccinated pretty soon. Most likely before cruising starts. LOL!

So, if they require testing for those not vaxed, then the reality would be that everyone has been mitigated to one degree or another. 

So, is that such a bad thing?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Radiioman46 said:

Let's say that Carnival and other cruise lines stay with the no vaccine policy. In reality, the US population will still have a relatively high percentage of pax that have been vaccinated pretty soon. Most likely before cruising starts. LOL!

So, if they require testing for those not vaxed, then the reality would be that everyone has been mitigated to one degree or another. 

So, is that such a bad thing?

Nope.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

You opened up the can of worms about their politics and now you can't back it up with an explanation 

Stay with me here.... If you desire to know anything about the policies of Princess - contact Princess. See how easy this is?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, angelsfort said:

I disagree...  as I said, even with the vaccine, you can still CARRY the virus onto the ship - it can still spread to others WHO ALSO HAVE THE VACCINE, because you can still contract the virus with the vaccine.  Your symptoms may be less severe (MAYBE) but you'll still have it.  There can still be a breakout on board.  Why would there be less of a chance with 100% vaccinated folks on board when any or all of them could be carrying the virus?

You are making a lot of unsubstantiated statements there.  There is no evidence at this time that a person that is vaccinated and catches the virus can spread it.  

The reason that there is less of a chance with 100% vaccinated folks on board when any or all of them could be carrying the virus is that to have 1 break out case the ship will need to carry 11,000+ people.  That is the rate of break out cases.  

I am not saying that the ships should be vaccinated only.  But then that isn't any of our decisions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Stay with me here.... If you desire to know anything about the policies of Princess - contact Princess. See how easy this is?

It would be easy if you just had the intestinal fortitude to back up what you typed before about you being against the political stance of Princess.  See, how easy this is?

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

My priority is no deaths, especially mine. Others obviously think deaths are fine as long as they aren't inconvenienced a little.

Ut oh,  this is a concept that isnt achievable.  Has there ever been a flu death associated with cruising?  How about nora?  Death is part of life, covid is now part of life, disease is part of life.  We can't escape it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mredandchis said:

Ut oh,  this is a concept that isnt achievable.  Has there ever been a flu death associated with cruising?  How about nora?  Death is part of life, covid is now part of life, disease is part of life.  We can't escape it.  

True but I think of it more as a goal. I like goals that are challenges. You may not make it, but try like heck.

13 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Plea to emotion. One more time: https://www.princess.com/

Providing a website does nothing.  There is not a choice on the drop down menu about politics.  Not on Princess or any other cruise lines website.

If it is too much for you to elaborate on your stance, that's up to you.  But I am certainly not wasting my time perusing a website looking for something that you consider political and that you're against.

This is my last time asking for you to just blurt out what you have against Princess.  

7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

My priority is no deaths, especially mine. Others obviously think deaths are fine as long as they aren't inconvenienced a little.

Then it's easy-peasy. Stay in your house and don't allow anyone in! Expecting others to adhere to your view of protocol so that you can do as you wish is only about complete control and utterly self-centered. Leaving your domain is your choice - expecting others to jump through your hoops is insanely selfish.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Providing a website does nothing.  There is not a choice on the drop down menu about politics.  Not on Princess or any other cruise lines website.

If it is too much for you to elaborate on your stance, that's up to you.  But I am certainly not wasting my time perusing a website looking for something that you consider political and that you're against.

This is my last time asking for you to just blurt out what you have against Princess.  

Then stop using the company as a pawn of control. See how easy this is? You do you - I'll do me... And so it goes.

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

True but I think of it more as a goal. I like goals that are challenges. You may not make it, but try like heck.

Lofty goal and I do wish it come true.  My goal is different.  I want covid to be a lesser problem than the seasonal flu.  That will be  attainable but will take a lot of work.

• Like 1