Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

2 minutes ago, Tink10 said:

Cruising isn't my preferred vacation, so as long as there are those requirements, my family simply won't go, and we're okay with that.  🙂  We have plenty of places to go & things to do where there aren't requirements. 

That is cool,  and one day the world will return to normal,  just give it a year or 2. 

12 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

That is cool,  and one day the world will return to normal,  just give it a year or 2. 

For people who choose to follow the requirements. I say great! Have a fantastic time! (And I really do feel that way).

Because of Covid & riots in the city we lived in in Wisconsin, we moved to Arizona and I can honestly say that here in AZ, our beliefs and choices about Covid do not put us in the minority. I know with absolute certainty that if a line could get around the Covid "recommendations" put in place by the CDC, the masses of travelers who aren't afraid of Covid and don't agree with the mandates would flock to them. 

Edited by Tink10
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, Tink10 said:

.. I know with absolute certainty that if a line could get around the Covid "recommendations" put in place by the CDC, the masses of travelers who aren't afraid of Covid and don't agree with the mandates would flock to them. 

That's a great idea, with one fatal flaw -- the virus does not care whether or not you fear it. It's an equal opportunity scourge.

Tom

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Tink10 said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I'd be the first in line to book with the line that didn't require vaccines or masks or tests. 

You're definitely not the only one. I'll be second in line to book! 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That's a great idea, with one fatal flaw -- the virus does not care whether or not you fear it. It's an equal opportunity scourge.

Tom

So is cancer, heart disease and a myriad other other preventable illnesses. I'm just a firm believer that we all have a right to choose and we choose to question the 'recommendation de jour' related to covid.

We believe in supporting through the almighty dollar, so if a cruise line were to forego the CDC recommendations, I would absolutely travel with them because I support their decision and I know we would not be alone. For those who don't agree, they can choose to not do business with them.

Edited by Tink10
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Tink10 said:

So is cancer, heart disease and a myriad other other preventable illnesses. I'm just a firm believer that we all have a right to choose and we choose to question the 'recommendation de jour' related to covid.

We believe in supporting through the almighty dollar, so if a cruise line were to forego the CDC recommendations, I would absolutely travel with them because I support their decision and I know we would not be alone. For those who don't agree, they can choose to not do business with them.

Best of luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mredandchis said:

I'm not so sure about that anymore after reading these two pieces today about the difference between antibody response from those who've had covid vs those who have been vaccinated. Even the leading scientist, who help delveop the vaccine, now says that we will need a third booster within twelve months of being fully vaccinated as the protection will wane over time. Couple these two pieces together with the fact that a lot of folks don't want to get vaccinated and it may be much longer than a year or two. There is also the real possibility that vaccines may be required for cruising based on this information. 

Article on difference of antibody response: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210421/Antibody-response-induced-by-mRNA-vaccination-differs-from-natural-SARS-CoV-2-infection.aspx

Scientist who helped develop mRNA vaccine saying we will need boosters: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/21/scientist-who-helped-develop-pfizer-biontech-covid-vaccine-agrees-third-shot-is-needed-as-immunity-wanes.html 

Edited by cruisingguy007

2 hours ago, Tink10 said:

For people who choose to follow the requirements. I say great! Have a fantastic time! (And I really do feel that way).

Because of Covid & riots in the city we lived in in Wisconsin, we moved to Arizona and I can honestly say that here in AZ, our beliefs and choices about Covid do not put us in the minority. I know with absolute certainty that if a line could get around the Covid "recommendations" put in place by the CDC, the masses of travelers who aren't afraid of Covid and don't agree with the mandates would flock to them. 

To each his or her own. We shouldn't have to relocate to a more accepting place to enhance our viewpoints. I just can't understand why there are still American Citizens who refuse to comply. These are well trained Medical Experts that totally have our safety at heart. What would they gain by publishing false rhetoric? Maybe this may sound morbid or off-putting but let's pray that we don't have to wait until Covid strikes "home" to become believers. Wouldn't wish that scenario on anyone.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

To each his or her own. We shouldn't have to relocate to a more accepting place to enhance our viewpoints. I just can't understand why there are still American Citizens who refuse to comply. These are well trained Medical Experts that totally have our safety at heart. What would they gain by publishing false rhetoric? Maybe this may sound morbid or off-putting but let's pray that we don't have to wait until Covid strikes "home" to become believers. Wouldn't wish that scenario on anyone.   

Arizona is purple and trending toward sanity. At least they have a Mayo Clinic satellite there for believers, old or new.

10 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

I do agree on the To Each His Own and I don't wish for anyone to be ill. It has hit home in my family and I'm pretty sure I've had it, but that didn't change our viewpoints one bit.

As far as WHY every American won't 'comply'? Because there are still free-thinking Americans who are questioning the recommendations of the so-called experts. I won't bore you with my personal thoughts on the matter, but there are those of us who aren't willing to give up the liberties that so many have fought and died for in this country, just because the government and media tell us to.

I've never been a staunch anti-vaccine person and I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist. However, with covid, the recommendations have been knee-jerk at best and constantly changing. (Take Cuomo for instance) Again, not a conspiracy theorist, but it seems that as soon as people start getting comfortable and removing the masks, there's another Covid crisis (new strain etc).

There are plenty of medical professionals who don't agree with the CDC and will not get vaccinated. It hasn't been proven safe over the long term and once it goes in to the body it simply cannot be removed and honestly, if people choose to be vaccinated, why should they care whether I get one or not?  (That's the question that nobody will ever seem to answer). 😉

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I'm not so sure about that anymore after reading these two pieces today about the difference between antibody response from those who've had covid vs those who have been vaccinated. Even the leading scientist, who help delveop the vaccine, now says that we will need a third booster within twelve months of being fully vaccinated as the protection will wane over time. Couple these two pieces together with the fact that a lot of folks don't want to get vaccinated and it may be much longer than a year or two. There is also the real possibility that vaccines may be required for cruising based on this information. 

Article on difference of antibody response: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210421/Antibody-response-induced-by-mRNA-vaccination-differs-from-natural-SARS-CoV-2-infection.aspx

Scientist who helped develop mRNA vaccine saying we will need boosters: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/21/scientist-who-helped-develop-pfizer-biontech-covid-vaccine-agrees-third-shot-is-needed-as-immunity-wanes.html 

I fully expected boosters will be needed and not just one and done.  THere will be booster offered over the years.  I have the vaccine and I am in favor of people getting the shot. I am still looking for solid evidence as to what the natural immunity will be after a person has been infected.  It would be illogical to assume there isnt some level of natural protection. 

And thanks for the link that was very interesting .  I enjoyed it.  

8 minutes ago, Tink10 said:

I do agree on the To Each His Own and I don't wish for anyone to be ill. It has hit home in my family and I'm pretty sure I've had it, but that didn't change our viewpoints one bit.

As far as WHY every American won't 'comply'? Because there are still free-thinking Americans who are questioning the recommendations of the so-called experts. I won't bore you with my personal thoughts on the matter, but there are those of us who aren't willing to give up the liberties that so many have fought and died for in this country, just because the government and media tell us to.

I've never been a staunch anti-vaccine person and I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist. However, with covid, the recommendations have been knee-jerk at best and constantly changing. (Take Cuomo for instance) Again, not a conspiracy theorist, but it seems that as soon as people start getting comfortable and removing the masks, there's another Covid crisis (new strain etc).

There are plenty of medical professionals who don't agree with the CDC and will not get vaccinated. It hasn't been proven safe over the long term and once it goes in to the body it simply cannot be removed and honestly, if people choose to be vaccinated, why should they care whether I get one or not?  (That's the question that nobody will ever seem to answer). 😉

I have been vaccinated.  But I don't walk in your shoes and certainly do not denigrate those that choose not to be vaccinated.  Heck, there are several medical reasons NOT to get this vaccine.  WHat I don't like is having my freedoms curtailed because others choose differently.  I resent having to cloister in my house, waiting for this "herd immunity" that Fauci now says will never be attained.  

Edited by bafinegan
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Actually we are having a down turn in vaccine demand across the country.  I have been tracking this herd immunity concept and as states get closer the demand drops off and it becomes more like watching grass grow.  I thought for sure we could at least get to a 60 percent vaccine rate.

7 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

I fully expected boosters will be needed and not just one and done.  THere will be booster offered over the years.  I have the vaccine and I am in favor of people getting the shot. I am still looking for solid evidence as to what the natural immunity will be after a person has been infected.  It would be illogical to assume there isnt some level of natural protection. 

And thanks for the link that was very interesting .  I enjoyed it.  

You're quite welcome. I too hope more people opt to get the shot. As the research indicated, having more folks with more robust protection that the vaccine provides will help us to end this quicker and get us back to normal as quickly as possible. Hopefully as more studies/data/facts come out, folks will feel more comfortable with getting vaccinated but I do understand some peoples angle on the initial hesitation/apprehension.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

I have been vaccinated.  But I don't walk in your shoes and certainly do not denigrate those that choose not to be vaccinated.  Heck, there are several medical reasons NOT to get this vaccine.  WHat I don't like is having my freedoms curtailed because others choose differently.  I resent having to cloister in my house, waiting for this "herd immunity" that Fauci now says will never be attained.  

TOTALLY with you on that one.  He kind of ticks me off as he shares only parts of the truth.  And I Know he has to know better.  When they say that a certain percentage of peoplel HAVE to be vaccinated to achieve H I then they are blowing smoke.  If there wasn't a vaccine, the only way to get it would be for people to catch it and recover from it and that would require a LOT more deaths on the roll.  The vaccine adds to that group of recoveries and the numbers then get much more robust without the huge number of deaths.  Trouble is, we have to get a total between recovered and vaccinated to  a point where there isnt a crisis.  We dont need everyone in the world to step forward, but we need enough. 

16 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

If people choose to get vaccinated, I'm all for it and I certainly respect your opinion. But by the same token, I resent having my freedoms curtailed to protect a relatively small number of people who are deemed at-risk.

Edited by Tink10
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

He kind of ticks me off as he shares only parts of the truth.  And I Know he has to know better.  

Therein lies a very large part of the problem, is that the media is reporting Fauci's statements as gospel....and it hasn't been the whole truth since day one of Covid. Hence why he's the perfect bureaucrat to be the supposed Expert on the matter.

I highly doubt that anyone knows the whole truth. Covid is simply too new.

Edited by Tink10
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tink10 said:

Therein lies a very large part of the problem, is that the media is reporting Fauci's statements as gospel....and it hasn't been the whole truth since day one of Covid.

Well, I totally respect your opinion and your decision.  But if I may, one piece of advice.  Forget what all the MSM feeds you, no matter which side you listen to.  But always , always seek the truth, and look for it where you can trust it.  I took the vaccine for my reasons and they are mine and mine only. And you do what you need to do for you and yours.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

Well, I totally respect your opinion and your decision.  But if I may, one piece of advice.  Forget what all the MSM feeds you, no matter which side you listen to.  But always , always seek the truth, and look for it where you can trust it.  I took the vaccine for my reasons and they are mine and mine only. And you do what you need to do for you and yours.  

Thank you! We gave up on MSM a long long time ago.  🙂

Be well!  🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

I believe that all cruise lines will require vaccinations.  Who would want to go on the only cruise line that does not?  

All of the anti vaxxers who wish to cruise unvaccinated.   There is a very vocal contingent of them on various cruise boards on CC.  Because of the announcement by NCL that vaccines would be required by 100%, thus excluding kids, the anti vaxxers have been joined by the pro family contingent.  

• Like 2

Just now, SNJCruisers said:

All of the anti vaxxers who wish to cruise unvaccinated.   There is a very vocal contingent of them on various cruise boards on CC.  Because of the announcement by NCL that vaccines would be required by 100%, thus excluding kids, the anti vaxxers have been joined by the pro family contingent.  

Pro family contingent? Who's the anti family contingent? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tink10 said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I'd be the first in line to book with the line that didn't require vaccines or masks or tests. 

That cruise line will be sailing in Fantasyland.  If by some chance Carnival or MSC does not mandate vaccines, they most certainly will require tests and probably require masks.  If you think cruising is going to be like it was in 2019, you are completely delusional. 

10 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

That cruise line will be sailing in Fantasyland.  If by some chance Carnival or MSC does not mandate vaccines, they most certainly will require tests and probably require masks.  If you think cruising is going to be like it was in 2019, you are completely delusional. 

I never said it was....Just said I'd cruise on the line that didn't require anything 😉 Once they announce any requirement, I'm taking the refund for our cruise.

Edited by Tink10
  • Like 4