Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

2 minutes ago, angelsfort said:

what does it matter if a vaccine is required or not?   You can still carry the virus when you are vaccinated - you can still GET the virus when you are vaccinated.   Even a 100% fully vaccinated cruise will still have a chance of a case of COVID on board during the cruise.

there is no way for the cruise lines to guarantee that there will be NO cases on board.  

You are right,  but the best chance of a breakout not happening is on a 100% vaccinated ship, like NCL is requiring.  The second best chance is on a 100% adult vaccinated/child negative ship like RCI and Celebrity are requiring.  The third best would be on a ship consisting of vaccinated as well as negative tested cruisers,  like Carnival may propose.

The percentage differences could be slight,  but the hierarchy I set forth really can't be disputed, but I'm sure some of the anti vaxxers will try to spin doctor things.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

You are right,  but the best chance of a breakout not happening is on a 100% vaccinated ship, like NCL is requiring.  The second best chance is on a 100% adult vaccinated/child negative ship like RCI and Celebrity are requiring.  The third best would be on a ship consisting of vaccinated as well as negative tested cruisers,  like Carnival may propose.

The percentage differences could be slight,  but the hierarchy I set forth really can't be disputed, but I'm sure some of the anti vaxxers will try to spin doctor things.

I can see Carnival doing something Like American RIver Cruising is doing.  Vaccine not required, but if not vaccinated, a neg PCR test within 72 hours must be submitted.  They then get tested every 3 days or so throughout the cruise.  EVERYONE gets the rapid antigen test at the port both at embarkation and debarkation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bafinegan said:

I can see Carnival doing something Like American RIver Cruising is doing.  Vaccine not required, but if not vaccinated, a neg PCR test within 72 hours must be submitted.  They then get tested every 3 days or so throughout the cruise.  EVERYONE gets the rapid antigen test at the port both at embarkation and debarkation.

But, as of July 1, they are requiring vaccinations.

Health and Safety - American Queen Steamboat Company

• Like 1

As a school teacher- teaching five days a week - IN PERSON - since September.  I am vaccinated and want  to get on with my vacay!!!!!  I think if you can't do the shot (not judging)- then you should get the tested before and during the trip.  limit capacity.  DO WHAT EUROPE is doing!!!   It works.  Come on Carnival!!!!

you will see Carnival cave in. They won't let the other big ship companies sail and take away the money. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

You can state the same point as many times as you want. That doesn't mean it gets to override a difference of opinion.

It's that some people don't want to take medicine they don't need. Most people don't give two craps about COVID. The only reason they care is because of a small percentage of unhealthy people who are affected more by it. Now that those people have the ability to get the vaccine, even fewer people give a crap about a "breakout". 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

You can state the same point as many times as you want. That doesn't mean it gets to override a difference of opinion.

My post was in response to the statement  "What does it matter if a vaccine is required or not?"  This was by angelsfort and it's currently post 501.  Wasn't trying to override a difference of opinion, just giving a concrete example that the more people vaccinated on board will lead to a smaller percentage of the possibility of an outbreak occurring.

Did anyone hear Jim Cramer on Squawk on the Street this morning. He stated that he was worried about the cruise line industry and said "I think the CDC wants to put these guys out of business".  Interesting comments to say on national TV. What do you think about this statement. There are a lot of supporters of the CDC on this site.

11 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

Did anyone hear Jim Cramer on Squawk on the Street this morning. He stated that he was worried about the cruise line industry and said "I think the CDC wants to put these guys out of business".  Interesting comments to say on national TV. What do you think about this statement. There are a lot of supporters of the CDC on this site.

There's no doubt the CDC has a political "bone to pick" with the cruiselines.  The cruiseline industry does not play nice with the "US is the center of the universe" paradigm that US bureaucrats like to believe.  Much of how the cruiselines operate(foreign flagged ships, international crews) is intentionally to avoid US laws and rules.  I suspect their "lobbying" expenditures at the CDC are also minimal.  Other than Scott Gottlieb, they haven't paid the big "consulting" fees to various former CDC staffers and their unemployable offspring, which certainly enrages the political hacks at the CDC.  The airlines "paid the toll" with that ridiculous "study" that found minimal Covid spread on aircraft.  Cruiselines have so far not done the same.

In terms of "put these guys out of business", I think there's more to the cruiselines than US homeports.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

Give it a few weeks and Cramer will be singing the praises of the cruise industry. The guy flips his opinion with the wind.

2 minutes ago, SLCfirsttimer said:

Give it a few weeks and Cramer will be singing the praises of the cruise industry. The guy flips his opinion with the wind.

I go watch Murder Shows while my husband is watching him, can't stand all the booya crap.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, tkportersat said:

I go watch Murder Shows while my husband is watching him, can't stand all the booya crap.  

His whole schtick is annoying. The booya, the sound effects buttons, all of it. I don't doubt that he knows his stuff when it comes to the markets, but in my opinion he frequently presents his opinions as fact.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SLCfirsttimer said:

His whole schtick is annoying. The booya, the sound effects buttons, all of it. I don't doubt that he knows his stuff when it comes to the markets, but in my opinion he frequently presents his opinions as fact.

I've heard him go back and forth on cruises and my husband says sometimes he is late to the game.  My husband watches him every night and some days I just can't deal with it, lol.   I hope the Cruise industry makes it, I am not confident they will.  I think if they do we will stop seeing them get bigger and bigger.  

1 hour ago, tkportersat said:

That show is a major waste of money and time. Remove him from the air time and use that money to send kids to College. Much more noteworthy cause in my opinion. 

• Like 1

The comments this morning were  In a different setting than his afternoon show many have made comments about. I agree with a lot of the theatrics in the afternoon show. This was an interview/discussion with David Faber without the theatrics ( more serious discussion on cruise and travel industry).

17 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

There is an entertainment factor to all news site. I read this site for a a good laugh each day.

Fortunately we have all taken the initial step and admitted that we are Cruise Nuts. We don't meet here for the elusive "Shock Value". We meet here because we actually sorta kinda like each other (Most Days).   

7 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I believe that all cruise lines will require vaccinations.  Who would want to go on the only cruise line that does not?  If all require vaccination there will be muchless room for criticism.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I'd be the first in line to book with the line that didn't require vaccines or masks or tests. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tink10 said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I'd be the first in line to book with the line that didn't require vaccines or masks or tests. 

You Might just be the Only One!! Hope you are able to rent out the entire Ship because you will truly be sailing "Solo" my friend. I would personally fire each of the Board Members myself.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tink10 said:

Well I think many of us would love that also.  Trouble is the

reality is , it aint going to happen soon.  Not sure how long these things will be required but one day they will all go away.  Just not today.

Edited by mredandchis

Just now, mredandchis said:

Well I think many of us would love that also.  Trouble is reality is , it aint going to happen soon.  Not sure how long these things will be required but one day they will all go away.  Just not today.

Cruising isn't my preferred vacation, so as long as there are those requirements, my family simply won't go, and we're okay with that.  🙂  We have plenty of places to go & things to do where there aren't requirements. 

• Like 2