Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

3 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

99.5%. 

< 98% worldwide.

but what is the 10 year survival rate? 15? 20? What kind of health problems are survivors going to have in the future? No need to guess today. Hindsight will judge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

< 98% worldwide.

but what is the 10 year survival rate? 15? 20? What kind of health problems are survivors going to have in the future? No need to guess today. Hindsight will judge.

After more than a year of this, I still haven't had Covid and am pretty positive that I won't ever get it with my lifestyle and the precautions I take. This is a virus that is pretty easy to avoid just by doing very simple things, so the health problems of survivors really doesn't apply in relation to my question. 

However, the untested "jab" is something that cannot be removed from your body once it's injected into it. And once that's inside me, I have no control over what it does....On the other hand, I DO have control over whether or not I contract Covid. So there's a huge difference between my question and yours. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

I don't think you will have control over unforeseen side effects that may appear down the road with those untested jabs. But since it will get you back to cruising quickly, it'll be worth it right? 

You drink your Kool-Aid. Don't worry about my vacation choices.

7 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

After more than a year of this, I still haven't had Covid and am pretty positive that I won't ever get it with my lifestyle and the precautions I take. This is a virus that is pretty easy to avoid just by doing very simple things, so the health problems of survivors really doesn't apply in relation to my question. 

However, the untested "jab" is something that cannot be removed from your body once it's injected into it. And once that's inside me, I have no control over what it does....On the other hand, I DO have control over whether or not I contract Covid. So there's a huge difference between my question and yours. 

Are you saying you think you both believe you could easily protect yourself from a highly contagious airborn virus on a cruise ship and that the vaccine proven effective has hidden unknown dangers that are a worse risk than a disease that killed 500,000 Americans last year and has shown to possibly do extensive lung, brain and blood clot damage to those who survived, even those without symptoms? 

All I can say is wow.  My grandma remembers folks who let their children get polio because they distrusted this thing that injected disease into the body.  Iron lungs were so sad, I cried hearing the stories.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Many people thought they wouldn't catch covid but were wrong. Ted Nugent is one of the latest. The odds suggest some will escape without catching it, but over 145 million world-wide have not been so fortunate.

Sadly a few NBA, NHL and NFL players have also had their careers cut short.  Cant compete as a top athelete with damaged lungs.  But keep speading fear anti vaxers.   You are free to kill others with bad information, just like those mass shootings. Your words matter and you should better inform yourself.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/how-they-work.html

Edited by Pizzasteve

6 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Are you saying you think you both believe you could easily protect yourself from a highly contagious airborn virus on a cruise ship and that the vaccine proven effective has hidden unknown dangers that are a worse risk than a disease that killed 500,000 Americans last year and has shown to possibly do extensive lung, brain and blood clot damage to those who survived, even those without symptoms? 

All I can say is wow.  My grandma remembers folks who let their children get polio because they distrusted this thing that injected disease into the body.  Iron lungs were so sad, I cried hearing the stories.

I don't understand some of what you're asking. Who is "you both"? I am only one person and I usually cruise solo. 

As for being on the cruise ship once sailing begins with the majority being vaccinated and others boarding with negative testing, yes, I believe I "could easily protect myself" while on board the same way i've easily protected myself for the past 14 months. As I stated, this is an easy virus to avoid by taking simple precautions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Sadly a few NBA players have had their career cut short.  Cant compete as a top athelete with damaged lungs.  But keep speading fear anti vaxers.   You are free to kill others with bad information, just like those mass shootings. Your words matter and you should better inform yourself.

At least one is having heart issues - LaMarcus Aldridge. An irregular heartbeat after 15 years (and covid). They don't claim a connection, but there are too many coincidences. 

Anyway, they know Covid impacts more organs than just lungs.

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

When did you appoint yourself God?

What does that mean? I have noticed that you like to deflect with questions that have absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. Please try and stay on point. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

I don't understand some of what you're asking. Who is "you both"? I am only one person and I usually cruise solo. 

As for being on the cruise ship once sailing begins with the majority being vaccinated and others boarding with negative testing, yes, I believe I "could easily protect myself" while on board the same way i've easily protected myself for the past 14 months. As I stated, this is an easy virus to avoid by taking simple precautions. 

Please explain what those are if on a ship with unvaccinated passengers.  I am curious and sincere. Rooms currently share air across vents, dining is common areas, weeks with same people....

Edited by Pizzasteve

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

And I certainly will not lose any sleep over someone with a God complex.

You're deflecting again and that's the second time now. I'm done with you because you can't seem to converse without deflecting and now petty insults. 

2 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Please explain what those are if on a ship with unvaccinated passengers.  I am curious and sincere.

You're changing scenarios. Just to clarify for you, when sailing resumes, ships will be filled with vaccinated passengers and negative tested passengers. I doubt anyone is going to be let on board untested as well they shouldn't. 

Wash hands often and don't touch face. It's kept Covid away from me for 14 months. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

On the other hand, I DO have control over whether or not I contract Covid. 

11 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

When did you appoint yourself God?

6 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

What does that mean? I have noticed that you like to deflect with questions that have absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. Please try and stay on point. 

Staying on point just fine.  Since you obviously did not read your quote that my response was about, I reposted it above for you.  You do NOT have 100% control over whether or not you get Covid.  Since you think you do, you must be God. 

Now, if you follow all of the rules, your chances will increase that you don't get Covid, but you're afraid of getting the vaccine.  I feel that this will increase the slim chance that you'll contact Covid, but since you know it all......

13 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

. Just to clarify for you, when sailing resumes, ships will be filled with vaccinated passengers and negative tested passengers. I doubt anyone is going to be let on board untested as well they shouldn't. 

Not on NCL....only 100% vaccinated.  

5 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

This is a Carnival board. OMG. I just can't anymore with you. Bye. 🖐️

There are other cruise lines besides Carnival.  But you're only concerned with them because of the probability that they will allow those like yourself that have refused to be vaccinated to cruise with them.  

Just to educate you, NCL and RCI, Carnivals chief competitors require adults to be vaccinated on their summer cruises.  And, NCL took it one step further and made it 100% mandatory.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

We do know that if there was no testing, there would be zero cases reported and that number would be lower than actual cases.

2.4 times zero is still zero Of all the possible multiples, I think 2.4 seems like a random number.

I think you'll find this fascinating....

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/7/5/17500782/zero-number-math-explained

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OceanZena said:

I'm not worrying about you at all. My apologies if I gave you that impression. 

My wife is going through the effects of long term Covid as we speak.  It is not only the 500k dead but the untold number of people who are going through the long term effects from this virus.  Unfortunately people like you are out there spreading misinformation about the Vaccine.  Keep waving your don't tread on me flag.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

We do know that if there was no testing, there would be zero cases reported and that number would be lower than actual cases.

2.4 times zero is still zero Of all the possible multiples, I think 2.4 seems like a random number.

As for the first statement it seems very nonsensical except that 0 tests = 0 cases < any positive number.  It has nothing to do with reported cases.  

2.4 actually  isn't totally made up.  The Diamond Princess showed the world a lot about asymptomatic cases.  The Japanese found them when testing crew and passengers.  The number doubled on the ship with testing everyone. 

In the real world there are people that walk around with covid and don't know it.  Tracing sometimes picks them up but not as a rule,  They are not included in cases.

You also have another group of people who don't run to the doctor or to even get tested.  And some that cant get to a test site.  It has been suggested by some experts that the number is higher than 2.4 but you would see many of them have an agenda.  I feel very assured that 2.4 is a good number and more closely represents reality than the official numbers. 

I see that I might have missed a lot on here during the time I slept (and conducted other life activities). Then I read what's been posted and I realize that I didn't really miss much at all!

Life is good  🙂

Tom

• Like 1