Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

1 minute ago, jetsfan58 said:

I am glad and proud of you for showing love. However, that does not take away from his insane and heartless thought pattern. He can be loved and misguided at the same time. My job is to tell the truth. 

You mean your truth. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mredandchis said:

I don't get your point.  I don't see him as "insane".  You might not agree but that doesn't make him insane.  

I am not concern for either the  citizens or the visitors to Florida.  My son lives there and he feels everything is heading in the right direction.  I will be visiting him in June and I am not concerned at all. 

But as was said before we all have decisions and if you feel that Florida is dangerous then don't enter it by any means.  It is that simple.  

The definition of insanity is: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome". His actions have not changed the "unsafety" factor for the State. If I am not mistaken Florida still has daily Covid cases and unfortunately daily deaths. Until we get to a point where there are no deaths associated with Covid then his ideas are useless. He is the reason that we will not be Cruising anytime soon.    

6 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Trust me a reliable and effective Covid Vaccine was not a year in the making. Please don't believe the nonsense that some media outlets lead you to believe. This Pandemic and/or symptoms has been around for a while and Medical Experts around the World have been working toward a cure. Sorry, the past administration gets zero credit. 

Really?

The speaker of the house said this in Feb of last year: Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi toured San Francisco's Chinatown Monday to send a message. She said there's no reason tourists or locals should be staying away from the area because of coronavirus concerns.

"That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here," Pelosi said. "Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation."

Why would #3 in the country declare no issue if; "This Pandemic and/or symptoms has been around for a while and Medical Experts around the World have been working toward a cure. Sorry, the past administration gets zero credit. "?

Who was President when madam speaker gave the all-clear?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glrounds said:

Good to hear from you, Tom-n-Cheryl. We go way back to the good ole days.🙄 Ironically,  I was unaffected by Covid (financially) but still got those one-fits-all checks.

Why not REQUIRE vaxs for everybody but children 18 and under. since this group is practically Covid free or has developed immunity to it ? Just my two cents.

A carrot works better than a stick. A check for proof of vaccine would motivate many, maybe a tax deduction, or better yet, a free actual passport (fees waived) for those who are vaccinated and are fine with providing proof of vaccination when signing up/renewing and then put some seal of some kind on it. There are plenty of creative ways to motivate folks. Requiring wouldn't work and would go over about as well as voter suppression or limiting free speech...lol. A surefire way to evoke defiance. The carrot is much better.    

19 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

It is easy to say just stay away, however, Florida is one of a number of states that receives more in Federal money than they pay in. It isn't the United State of Florida, it is the United States of America.

It might be an interesting experiment to cut lose of a state or two, and see how they fare on their own.

What does Federal money have to do with a fear of going into Florida???

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Why won't you turn that sort of rhetoric toward helping to change the Florida mindset? Instead of insisting that those of us that want "safety" for our families stay away utilize that energy to help the cause for us all. Again I only speak the truth. Sometimes it may hurt and sometimes it does not.  

Everything I said was the truth. Sorry if it hurt. I'll be going to Florida in June. I'll let you know how it is there.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Trust me a reliable and effective Covid Vaccine was not a year in the making. Please don't believe the nonsense that some media outlets lead you to believe. This Pandemic and/or symptoms has been around for a while and Medical Experts around the World have been working toward a cure. Sorry, the past administration gets zero credit. 

The covid vaccine was first being developed during the Sar outbreak and then got more attention during mers so it isn't a bad new Idea.  

5 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

The definition of insanity is: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome". His actions have not changed the "unsafety" factor for the State. If I am not mistaken Florida still has daily Covid cases and unfortunately daily deaths. Until we get to a point where there are no deaths associated with Covid then his ideas are useless. He is the reason that we will not be Cruising anytime soon.    

Then all ideas are useless, because there will never be no deaths to covid.  That we will not attain.

And if I look around I would consider it much more dangerous in other states in the union.  I remember the Gov of Texas , i dont remember his name but someone said his leadership was "neanderthal",  and look how all the worked out. 

The bottom line is Cruising Safety for Us All. The Carnival Beards will have to come to a consensus regarding overall safety and policy, the Florida Governor (since the State has the majority of Cruise Ships and Passengers) will have to align his "Safety" mentality to what is reality vs. what is political, we will have to choose the "Best Route" to ensure our family's safety while on the Water.  

That's the bottom line. Again, I always enjoy a heartfelt and hearty discussion because at the end of the day we are still a bunch of Carnival Cruise Nuts starving to Cruise. Sea You On The Seas my Nuts.

13 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

A carrot works better than a stick. A check for proof of vaccine would motivate many, maybe a tax deduction, or better yet, a free actual passport (fees waived) for those who are vaccinated and are fine with providing proof of vaccination when signing up/renewing and then put some seal of some kind on it. There are plenty of creative ways to motivate folks. Requiring wouldn't work and would go over about as well as voter suppression or limiting free speech...lol. A surefire way to evoke defiance. The carrot is much better.    

Speaking of passports, we just received our replacements (yep, another 10 years gone!) in the mail yesterday. I guess they stopped returning your old ones with the new ones???

Tom

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Speaking of passports, we just received our replacements (yep, another 10 years gone!) in the mail yesterday. I guess they stopped returning your old ones with the new ones???

Tom

I think last time I got separate mailings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OceanZena said:

As a Floridian I LOVE my Governor!! ❤️

I agree.  I am vacationing in Florida right now and love it.  People who don't like the way it's run can go to the shelter in place states and live/vacation there.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Really?

The speaker of the house said this in Feb of last year: Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi toured San Francisco's Chinatown Monday to send a message. She said there's no reason tourists or locals should be staying away from the area because of coronavirus concerns.

"That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here," Pelosi said. "Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation."

Why would #3 in the country declare no issue if; "This Pandemic and/or symptoms has been around for a while and Medical Experts around the World have been working toward a cure. Sorry, the past administration gets zero credit. "?

A buddy of mine wanted to go to the SF Chinese New Year parade and tried like heck to convince me and some other buddies to go. Of course we declined saying that it was crazy to do that with all the emerging news. He said we were being ridiculous and paranoid and went anyway. Ended up in the ER and urgent care about a week after over the course of several days. Pretty sure he caught covid but tests weren't readily available then. True story.   

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

You will get the in a separate mailing. How long did it take to get them?

11 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

You will get the in a separate mailing. How long did it take to get them?

23 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think last time I got separate mailings.

Thanks

I just went in to see the cancelled checks at my bank, and there's no image of them:

No image is available for this check because it was processed by the merchant as an electronic transaction.

But, that was dated 3/31 - which was probably a couple of weeks after I mailed them. So, I'd guess about 5ish weeks door to door.

Tom

53 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Really?

Ok ,  I remember that event.  Nancy is a politician and was talking out her um hat , and she felt people were being unfair to the Chinese in Chinatown.  After all this I TOTALLY lost any respect for her.  Now I see her as a bitter old woman and hope she retires soon.  

But the medicos did get out the studies and documentation when they heard off a nueva coronavirus and there was a ton of confusion and actually the confusion still lingers. 

3 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Thanks

I just went in to see the cancelled checks at my bank, and there's no image of them:

No image is available for this check because it was processed by the merchant as an electronic transaction.

But, that was dated 3/31 - which was probably a couple of weeks after I mailed them. So, I'd guess about 5ish weeks door to door.

Tom

Sounds about right. I use to do passports and still get emails from the department of state on whats happening. They say 6-8 weeks these days on new ones. Renewals use to be about 3 weeks tops.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Speaking of political statements, which President said it was a hoax and later suggested ingesting bleach, and continues to make racist statements?

You guys will never get over him, will you? 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

It is not untested.  It has been tested in clinical trials and evidence has been established that it is both safe and effective.

Whoops!  No clinical trials done on people who have recovered from the illness.  As the late John McGloughlin (sp?) said all the time.... "WRONG!"

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

oops

Edited by Illbcruzn4life

18 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Speaking of political statements, which President said it was a hoax and later suggested ingesting bleach, and continues to make racist statements?

Technically he never said the word bleach .  But he did mention disinfectants and the idea of using light,  I found it interesting in that found that the Sinai hospital in NY was and is  studying the idea of using light to fight viruses.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

There are people of Religion who would be suggesting you are pushing biblical scripture. Rewarding obedience to the all powerful state. It takes all kinds, right.

4 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

A reasonable stance and we all hope for others to achieve happiness.

That said, those who refuse vaccination for reasons other than medical necessity are freeloading on the efforts of others to control this deadly disease.  I pity them, but do not respect them.  They are this era's draft dodgers, so to speak.  My opinion only.

Whoa chief.  I'm withdrawing my upvote for your name.  Seriously though - I'm recovered - no need for a vaccine for me.  I need neither your pity nor your respect.  And I served my country so your analogy is offensive on many levels.

Having said all that, I can say I sacrificed for the greater good at great risk to myself by being one of those freeloaders.  Hmmmm.  My contribution towards herd immunity is just as valid as yours.

I'm feeling more vaccination elitism.  Tuk tuk!

• Like 6