Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

and the tag team plays on.

I am very proud of being vaccinated and not at all paranoid about it.

I am vaccinated also. The difference is I chose to act like I’m vaccinated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2021 at 1:18 PM, Tippyton said:

Whoa chief.  I'm withdrawing my upvote for your name.  Seriously though - I'm recovered - no need for a vaccine for me.  I need neither your pity nor your respect.  And I served my country so your analogy is offensive on many levels.

Having said all that, I can say I sacrificed for the greater good at great risk to myself by being one of those freeloaders.  Hmmmm.  My contribution towards herd immunity is just as valid as yours.

I'm feeling more vaccination elitism.  Tuk tuk!

The temporary resistence from having caught covid is not immunity.  Many documented cases of people recatching it, and worse being asymptomatic super spreaders/varient factories after being sick. The vaccine is more effective at preventing spread, data is suggesting, and good for those who also caught it once.  Remember colds come back again and again.

I suggest you research this and understand the level of protection you may have better before thinking that catching Covid is actually equal to receiving the vaccine.  I tell you this for your own health and the health of our community.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 2:53 PM, harkinmr said:

An understatement.

Actually speaking is one of his strengths, IMHO.  There is an interesting article about his mixed relationship to U Penn / Wharton and the time he spoke to campus in the mid 80s.  I actually was part of the small group that invited him and got him to speak (we sort of tricked him by inventing an award and giving it to him) and met him in person.  He was the same guy, only younger. He gave a good speech, about himself mostly, but was an absolute turd in person.  Feel free to Google Wharton and Mr T to find the story.  One can also utube the comment about injecting disinfectants or bleach.  Its out there and he was always way out there.  The guy defending him should meet him in a non media setting, honestly.

Really could not believe anyone could think he could be a good president, but party politics being what it is, electability is all they care about.  Anyway, Ive met him in person so feel a bit more qualified to judge.  Anyone who likes him as a politician, I recommend speaking with anyone who worked with him in the past.  His business ventures have created garbage heaps of wrecked lives and lost funds, yet he scares people quiet through mafia like tactics.  I would never cross him personally.

That was off topic, but fun to post.  On topic, I hope we sail in a vaccine required manner soon.  And please get vaccinated.  Every person vaccinated speeds the CDC to lifting the orders.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

The temporary resistence from having caught covid is not immunity.  Many documented cases of people recatching it, and worse being asymptomatic super spreaders/varient factories after being sick. The vaccine is more effective at preventing spread, data is suggesting, and good for those who also caught it once.  Remember colds come back again and again.

I suggest you research this and understand the level of protection you may have better before thinking that catching Covid is actually equal to receiving the vaccine.  I tell you this for your own health and the health of our community.

This is dead wrong and this disinformation is part of the control campaign, if not pure ignorant hype.  100% reckless propaganda.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/04/previous-covid-19-may-cut-risk-reinfection-84https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-11-immunity-covid-thought.html

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-long-does-immunity-last-after-covid-19-what-we-know

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/01/14/past-covid-19-infection-gives-vaccine-like-immunity-for-months-study-finds/?sh=4f601dc10236

It is also not understood what happens to T cells in the long term. But T cells against the original Sars (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) have been found 17 years later.

Ad naseum....

Stick to eating pizza.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

This is dead wrong and this disinformation is part of the control campaign, if not pure ignorant hype.  100% reckless propaganda.

Yep. Your propaganda doesn't study variants which now are dominant. I'm not aware of large scale studies on same.

I like pizza - especially Carnival pizza, to make this cruise related.

pizza-pirate-1.ashx

9 hours ago, OceanZena said:

As of 4/24/21 the current worldwide Covid numbers stands at 146 million who have been infected. (124 million of those people have recovered). In a world of 8 billion people, that's less than 2% of the population. Therefore, 98% of the world still hasn't got Covid

After over a year since Covid began, it's logical to conclude by those numbers that Covid is easily avoidable since 98% of the population has avoided getting it. 

Have you seen the numbers coming out of India.  They are doing there best to catch up and that is a billion people. I will never understand how people can try and argue 500k deaths is no big deal just because it is a small percentage.  500k deaths is 500k deaths no matter how small a percentage you throw out.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, skridge said:

Have you seen the numbers coming out of India.  They are doing there best to catch up and that is a billion people. I will never understand how people can try and argue 500k deaths is no big deal just because it is a small percentage.  500k deaths is 500k deaths no matter how small a percentage you throw out.

First of all, do not put words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say that ANY death was "no big deal". You people seem to love twisting things when faced with facts. And your spouting of death numbers still doesn't negate the fact that over 98% of the world's population has not gotten Covid. 

And since you apparently have a thing for death numbers, in 2019 there were 599,601 cancer deaths in the U.S. per CDC. Where's the experimental cancer vaccine?!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

And your spouting of death numbers still doesn't negate the fact that over 98% of the world's population has not gotten Covid. 

How many of that 98% have been tested? Not very many. One day before the first covid case it was 100% and has been dropping every day since.

5 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

And since you apparently have a thing for death numbers, in 2019 there were 599,601 cancer deaths in the U.S. per CDC. Where's the experimental cancer vaccine?!

One is in clinical trials in the US but has been available outside of the US for a while. Future cancer vaccines will likely be mRNA vaccines - just like two of the covid vaccines are.

• Like 1

https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/mrna-technology-promises-revolutionize-future-vaccines-and-treatments-cancer-infectious-diseases

Future vaccines and treatments

Malaria. Tuberculosis. Hepatitis B. Cystic fibrosis. Those are just some of the diseases that researchers say could be the next focus of mRNA vaccines and treatments, aside from those already in human trials (HIV, rabies, and influenza). Scientists continue to explore mRNA treatments for several types of cancer. As explained by researchers at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, mRNA instructs a patient’s cells to produce protein fragments based on a tumor’s genetic mutations, prompting the immune system to find other cells with the mutated proteins and attack the tumor cells that remain.

Here is a waterslide on Vista

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

How many of that 98% have been tested? Not very many. One day before the first covid case it was 100% and has been dropping every day since.

One is in clinical trials in the US but has been available outside of the US for a while. Future cancer vaccines will likely be mRNA vaccines - just like two of the covid vaccines are.

That's good news in regard to cancer and even better that they're not rushing it like they did with Covid. 

Back to the point---Until every single person in the whole world has been tested, the fact remains that since 98% of the entire world's population has managed to avoid contracting Covid, it's logical to conclude that it's an easily avoidable virus to contract by taking recommended precautionary measures. And that is not "misinformation" that someone up thread was accusing me of, but basic logic and common sense. 

You gloom and doom people will surely come back with more twisty posts to continue pushing the fear campaign and have at it. It still won't convince me to take the "jab". 

Oh and someone else up thread was spouting how NCL was having only vaccinated passengers when they resume sailing....but per their website, that is only until Oct. 31 of this year, after which they will reassess if theyI can't  should continue that or not. This was conveniently left out of that person's post----and that right there is a perfect example of "misinformation". 

Edited by OceanZena
I can't spell. :(
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/mrna-technology-promises-revolutionize-future-vaccines-and-treatments-cancer-infectious-diseases

Future vaccines and treatments

Malaria. Tuberculosis. Hepatitis B. Cystic fibrosis. Those are just some of the diseases that researchers say could be the next focus of mRNA vaccines and treatments, aside from those already in human trials (HIV, rabies, and influenza). Scientists continue to explore mRNA treatments for several types of cancer. As explained by researchers at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, mRNA instructs a patient’s cells to produce protein fragments based on a tumor’s genetic mutations, prompting the immune system to find other cells with the mutated proteins and attack the tumor cells that remain.

Here is a waterslide on Vista

maxresdefault.jpg

At the risk of going too off topic, I thought there already was a cure for hepatitis? In any case, if these vaccines work for all those aliments, that's wonderful news....and i'm glad they're taking their time with testing them and not rushing them out like Covid and using the world's population as guinea pigs. 

And that picture makes me want to cruise SO BAD!! I spent half the day today browsing Carnival, NCL and MSC websites for dates and prices, but won't book anything until we know where everything stands. 

Just now, OceanZena said:

You gloom and doom people will surely come back with more twisty posts to continue pushing the fear campaign and have at it. It still won't convince me to take the "jab". 

I don't care if you get jabbed or not as long as you aren't on the same cruise ship.

Oh and someone else up thread was spouting how NCL was having only vaccinated passengers when they resume sailing....but per their website, that is only until Oct. 31 of this year, after which they will reassess if that should continue that or not. This was conveniently left out of that person's post----and that right there is a perfect example of "misinformation". 

That assumes they actually start cruising somewhere and avoid bankruptcy. And that the CDC doesn't extend the CSO. and more. I think your example of an example is less than perfect.

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

I don't care if you get jabbed or not as long as you aren't on the same cruise ship.

That assumes they actually start cruising somewhere and avoid bankruptcy. And that the CDC doesn't extend the CSO. and more. I think your example of an example is less than perfect.

Actually it's a perfect example because it's an important bit of information that was conveniently left out to support their argument and lead one to believe the vaccine requirement was permanent on NCL which it is not. Therefore, it's "misinformation". 

At the risk of going too off topic, I thought there already was a cure for hepatitis? In any case, if these vaccines work for all those aliments, that's wonderful news....and i'm glad they're taking their time with testing them and not rushing them out like Covid and using the world's population as guinea pigs. 

And that picture makes me want to cruise SO BAD!! I spent half the day today browsing Carnival, NCL and MSC websites for dates and prices, but won't book anything until we know where everything stands. 

There is a vaccine for Hep A and B. Perhaps a better treatment.

Get vaccinated or I will keep posting pictures.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

Actually it's a perfect example because it's an important bit of information that was conveniently left out to support their argument and lead one to believe the vaccine requirement was permanent on NCL which it is not. Therefore, it's "misinformation". 

I'm not sure there was an intention to deceive.

Get vaccinated or else

carnival-cruises-cancelled-3.png?ve=1&tl

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

I'm not sure there was an intention to deceive.

Get vaccinated or else

carnival-cruises-cancelled-3.png?ve=1&tl

With that particular poster, i'm not so sure. When I was on the NCL website today I was shocked to see it was only temporary because from their post it appeared that it was permanent. 

I don't mind the pictures lol....I actually enjoy seeing them. Sure it makes me miss cruising more, but it's also good therapy too. I was looking at tons of cruise and cabin pics earlier today and it helps me to get through these non sailing times. 

And as I stated earlier, if I were in my 60's I would be leaning more to take the vaccine since i'd be in high risk category by then but not now. 

Anyone that feels strongly enough not to be vaccinated is free to stick to their beliefs. Millions of us will get vaccinated with the goal of ending this pandemic. There are 3 main variants identified and circulating, British, South African, and Indian. The longer enough people remain unvaccinated allow time for the next mutation/variant to develop. Basing risk solely on past performance, our beliefs or what we think we know may well prove to be one of our biggest mistakes. Comparing Covid deaths to anything else may not be of importance when you could die in this pandemic just from breathing in the air in front of us.

8 hours ago, OceanZena said:

That's good news in regard to cancer and even better that they're not rushing it like they did with Covid. 

Back to the point---Until every single person in the whole world has been tested, the fact remains that since 98% of the entire world's population has managed to avoid contracting Covid, it's logical to conclude that it's an easily avoidable virus to contract by taking recommended precautionary measures. And that is not "misinformation" that someone up thread was accusing me of, but basic logic and common sense. 

Oh and someone else up thread was spouting how NCL was having only vaccinated passengers when they resume sailing....but per their website, that is only until Oct. 31 of this year, after which they will reassess if theyI can't  should continue that or not. This was conveniently left out of that person's post----and that right there is a perfect example of "misinformation". 

I just hope they don't let people on the ships that won't take the "jab" so I won't have to cruise with you people.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, skridge said:

I just hope they don't let people on the ships that won't take the "jab" so I won't have to cruise with you people.

So what you are saying is that you don't believe the shot you got was effective?  Why did you get it then?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, skridge said:

Carnival has already said they will not mandate the jab. Though its going to be quite a while before there is any cruising from the usa. So dont hold your breath. We will be lucky if there is cruising before the cruiselines go bankrupt. We now got stock analysts saying NCL can last the longest. It's a bet who can last thru the political bottleneck. 

• Like 4