Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

...So dont hold your breath. We will be lucky if there is cruising before the cruiselines go bankrupt. We now got stock analysts saying NCL can last the longest. It's a bet who can last thru the political bottleneck. 

Speaking of breath - I picture all the cruise lines collectively underwater, holding their breath. And the winner will be: TBD

I'm holding CCL and NCL stock (and I'm holding my breath too)!

Tom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Speaking of breath - I picture all the cruise lines collectively underwater, holding their breath. And the winner will be: TBD

I'm holding CCL and NCL stock (and I'm holding my breath too)!

Tom

I had a lot now only 100 ccl. I got out last dec when it became obvious to me the cdc wasnt nudging. Fundamentals to me dont look good though I see traders jump in and out, but I dont think they understand where the cdc is at. One analyst has a sell rating on ccl.

I did see the pop a couple of days ago when the analyst said ncl was in the best shape to survive and ccl popped along with it. The more shares ccl has to sell to survive the more diluted the outstanding shares become. The fundamentals arent great. I did hold oils I owned as they still pay dividends. I'd have probably kept ccl if they hadnt cut the dividend. I try and buy dividend stocks so ccl no longer fit my personal goals. I'm not convinced the cdc will allow crusing even nov when the cso expires. Covid will never be at 0 risk.

I still watch the stocks, that's me. I find the cdc battle with the cruiselines worrying. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skridge said:

Cancer is apples covid is oranges.  When you throw around your percentages it belittles the half a million dead.  Who exactly is "you people."  Enquiring minds want to know.

I threw around percentages the same way you throw around death numbers. And since you need clarification, I was specifically asked why I was saying Covid was easily avoidable and provided factual percentages to back up my words. 

If 98% of a population has managed to not get Covid after over a year then that logically concludes it must be easily avoidable, which it is, but to you people that's "misinformation". And I will not clarify who "you people" are because that's quite obvious from my words---but since you didn't like the facts I provided to back up my words, it's just another feeble attempt to deflect and veer away from the point which is always what "you people" enjoy doing. 

Edited by OceanZena
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

When they do I guess you'll just have to find another way to vacation. 

I agree with him about throwing around death numbers as if they werent important can feel belittling. And to keep attacking someone who has stated in spite of being careful his wife got covid and is battling long term side effects I can understand why he is bristling. Find someone else to pick on please. Sometimes we forget the human side of covid. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I agree with him about throwing around death numbers as if they werent important can feel belittling. And to keep attacking someone who has stated in spite of being careful his wife got covid and is battling long term side effects I can understand why he is bristling. Find someone else to pick on please. Sometimes we forget the human side of covid. 

I don't see anyone "picking on" anyone else here. If the other poster may be a bit too sensitive due to personal reasons regarding Covid, then perhaps they shouldn't be participating in this specific conversation. Nothing said by me may be construed as "picking on" and certainly not "attacking". Far from it. 

And since you quoted my last post with your reply, i'm assuming that's what you construed as "picking on". And I have to ask, why is it apparently ok when a vaccinated person says to an unvaccinated person here that they will have to find another way to vacation, yet when it's reversed it's "picking on" them?

Edited by OceanZena

9 hours ago, OceanZena said:

At the risk of going too off topic, I thought there already was a cure for hepatitis? In any case, if these vaccines work for all those aliments, that's wonderful news....and i'm glad they're taking their time with testing them and not rushing them out like Covid and using the world's population as guinea pigs. 

And that picture makes me want to cruise SO BAD!! I spent half the day today browsing Carnival, NCL and MSC websites for dates and prices, but won't book anything until we know where everything stands. 

This is fearful rhetoric and gets to the heart of the matter.  You dont understand the vaccine and feel it must be unsafe because they were developed and tested relatively quickly.

The fact that the methods and techniques are well understood and over 3 decades old wont change your mind, nor the fact that the ideas on how to make a vaccine, once you isolate unique gene fragments that are 'usefull' for training our immune systems, wont either.  But that doesnt justify calling those of us who use our brains to understand the facts and agree to do our part `pigs.'

Your fear is driving your decision and I understand.  You dont trust the science or government authorities and dont want either of them making decisions for you. 

By way of comparison, my MIL with early signs of dementia and many other medial conditions is living with us because we must care for her and occasionally throws tantrums because she is not in control of her decisions anymore, and it really drives her nuts.  She wants to go back home and literally was trying to call an uber the other day to fly home, when she cant even climb a stair without a risk of a serious fall (she cant stand back up on her own).  She sees us like the evil goverment, forcing her to do things she is afraid of (like a recent life saving surgery).

I wish you well, but dont want unvaccinated people on any ship I sail on, or I wont buy a passage.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

This is fearful rhetoric and gets to the heart of the matter.  You dont understand the vaccine and feel it must be unsafe because they were developed and tested relatively quickly.

The fact that the methods and techniques are well understood and over 3 decades old wont change your mind, nor the fact that the ideas on how to make a vaccine, once you isolate unique gene fragments that are 'usefull' for training our immune systems, wont either.  But that doesnt justify calling those of us who use our brains to understand the facts and agree to do our part `pigs.'

Your fear is driving your decision and I understand.  You dont trust the science or government authorities and dont want either of them making decisions for you. 

By way of comparison, my MIL with early signs of dementia and many other medial conditions is living with us because we must care for her and occasionally throws tantrums because she is not in control of her decisions anymore, and it really drives her nuts.  She wants to go back home and literally was trying to call an uber the other day to fly home, when she cant even climb a stair without a risk of a serious fall (she cant stand back up on her own).  She sees us like the evil goverment, forcing her to do things she is afraid of (like a recent life saving surgery).

I wish you well, but dont want unvaccinated people on any ship I sail on, or I wont buy a passage.

First of all, here's yet another example of twisting words. I don't understand why you people do this, especially when you quote what was actually stated when you do it. You know very well I did not call you "pigs" in my statement. I will not even defend my words since it's easily seen in your quote, but you make leaps to twist it to make it seem i'm calling you derogatory names. It's childish. 

And please don't put words in my mouth. You're the second person here that has done it. (Why do you people keep doing this?!) My reasons for not taking the shots is not because I "don't trust science or government authorities." My reason is very simple----I don't want to put something in my body that MAY cause ill side effects down the road like cancer or other diseases. I want to remain healthy and once this shot is inside my body, it cannot be reversed

And we just don't know if dangerous and harmful side effects will or will not appear years down the line from these drugs, and i'm not willing to take that chance. It's called basic self preservation and is a natural human instinct so please stop making false assumptions about me for having my beliefs as I don't do that to those who choose to vaccinate, nor do I make assumptions of why you were vaccinated or put words in your mouths, but you people do it to us. Why?! I seriously would like to know why you cannot give the same respect to us that we give to you? 

The bottom line here is that if Carnival bans the unvaccinated, then we just won't cruise anymore and if Carnival allows us to cruise then the vaccinated won't. There are other methods of vacations that both sides can happily find. At least I will. 

And I believe that once we get past herd immunity, vaccinated/unvaccinated will then be a moot point---but i'm sure the vaccinated will jump on that comment and say Covid will be a danger to the world forever until the end of time. 🙄

Edited by OceanZena
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, skridge said:

Cancer is apples covid is oranges.  When you throw around your percentages it belittles the half a million dead.  Who exactly is "you people."  Enquiring minds want to know.

I posted a question earlier in this thread, essentially asking; 'what is your biggest fear concerning covid'. Those that answered, mentioned nothing about death or sickness, only that they do not want their cruise to be inconvenienced, so everyone should do as they say in order to minimize the chance of a positive test.

Here, you claim that cancer is apples and covid is oranges. Is there a different kind of dead from cancer than covid? I haven't heard that from the MSM yet but it would not surprise me. And the minions would believe them.

The hypocrisy of those in such strong support of covid vaccinations but not other means of choice/activity that cause death is astounding. Even when it comes to the preventable deaths of children; only because you allow yourself to be conditioned. SMH!     

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

There hasn't been enough time to ascertain the long term effects of those who have been vaccinated and have caught the virus. So please stop posting lies as facts.

The first injections took place last April. Is a year long enough to judge? I think so and so do the scientists authoring the trials. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Moviela said:

The first injections took place last April. Is a year long enough to judge? I think so and so do the scientists authoring the trials. 

I don't believe a year is long enough to judge for long term effects of anything because 12 months is not long term imo. 

Many folks spend too much time with the woke media who is doing their part to mimic Pravda. They need to take off the WAPO and NYT headband as it is squeezing your head.

Dr. Fauci approved a study of bat corona viruses to the tune of $3.7 million dollars in 2014 funded by the NIH despite a ban on such research by the Obama administration. This funded Shi Zheng-Li, a virologist at the Wuhan lab, to catalog the bat cave corona viruses. That work was finished in 2019 and Fauci then signed off an additional $3.7 million for part two of the study for gain-of-function research for the purpose of understanding how bat corona viruses could mutate to attack humans. The project description refers to experiments using genetic engineering techniques that would enhance the corona viruses ability to infect human cells and other laboratory animals. In light of the pandemic that is a notable detail. The NIH canceled the project on April 24, 2020.  Neither the NIH nor Fauci has denied this and both have refused to comment further.

Facts are facts, and not allegations. The proof is in the financial records of the government. 

If you don't think the vaccine is for you, that's fine. America is built on respect for individual choice, however, you can stay home with the other nudniks. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Moviela said:

Many folks spend too much time with the woke media who is doing their part to mimic Pravda. They need to take off the WAPO and NYT headband as it is squeezing your head.

Dr. Fauci approved a study of bat corona viruses to the tune of $3.7 million dollars in 2014 funded by the NIH despite a ban on such research by the Obama administration. This funded Shi Zheng-Li, a virologist at the Wuhan lab, to catalog the bat cave corona viruses. That work was finished in 2019 and Fauci then signed off an additional $3.7 million for part two of the study for gain-of-function research for the purpose of understanding how bat corona viruses could mutate to attack humans. The project description refers to experiments using genetic engineering techniques that would enhance the corona viruses ability to infect human cells and other laboratory animals. In light of the pandemic that is a notable detail. The NIH canceled the project on April 24, 2020.  Neither the NIH nor Fauci has denied this and both have refused to comment further.

Facts are facts, and not allegations. The proof is in the financial records of the government. 

If you don't think the vaccine is for you, that's fine. America is built on respect for individual choice, however, you can stay home with the other nudniks. 

Finally, somebody else aware of the truth.  A true crime gone unnoticed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, vintagegarage said:

So what you are saying is that you don't believe the shot you got was effective?  Why did you get it then?

None of the shots are 100% effective, but if everyone on the ship has one it makes it better.  I am fine with people that for a legitimate medical reason or kids who aren't eligible being on the ship.  I do think the people who are not getting it because a former politician, who he and his entire family got the shot, but is telling people not to get it.  If that is the reason you aren't getting it I hope they leave you on the dock.

21 hours ago, OceanZena said:

I threw around percentages the same way you throw around death numbers. And since you need clarification, I was specifically asked why I was saying Covid was easily avoidable and provided factual percentages to back up my words. 

If 98% of a population has managed to not get Covid after over a year then that logically concludes it must be easily avoidable, which it is, but to you people that's "misinformation". And I will not clarify who "you people" are because that's quite obvious from my words---but since you didn't like the facts I provided to back up my words, it's just another feeble attempt to deflect and veer away from the point which is always what "you people" enjoy doing. 

By the way there are 331 million people in the US and 32.1 million confirmed cases which is closer to 10%.  The number of actual cases realistically has to be much higher.  I know you people don't like to take a realistic view on anything, but you can keep running around with your don't tread on me cape.

4 minutes ago, skridge said:

None of the shots are 100% effective, but if everyone on the ship has one it makes it better.  I am fine with people that for a legitimate medical reason or kids who aren't eligible being on the ship.  I do think the people who are not getting it because a former politician, who he and his entire family got the shot, but is telling people not to get it.  If that is the reason you aren't getting it I hope they leave you on the dock.

I was on your side until you claimed the other side is saying not to get it. So much false narrative on here. Without any documentation. It's getting real popular just to bame the other side as a handy excuse. Politics shouldn't be on these boards. 

Folks please stop the gratuitous politics.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, cruiseracer said:

I posted a question earlier in this thread, essentially asking; 'what is your biggest fear concerning covid'. Those that answered, mentioned nothing about death or sickness, only that they do not want their cruise to be inconvenienced, so everyone should do as they say in order to minimize the chance of a positive test.

Here, you claim that cancer is apples and covid is oranges. Is there a different kind of dead from cancer than covid? I haven't heard that from the MSM yet but it would not surprise me. And the minions would believe them.

The hypocrisy of those in such strong support of covid vaccinations but not other means of choice/activity that cause death is astounding. Even when it comes to the preventable deaths of children; only because you allow yourself to be conditioned. SMH!     

Covid is a virus that can be mitigatedf by a vaccine.  Cancer is not.  Hence apples and oranges.

17 hours ago, OceanZena said:

I don't believe a year is long enough to judge for long term effects of anything because 12 months is not long term imo. 

If people had waited 30 years to get the small pox or polio vaccine we would be living in a totally different world today.  You do you.  I just hope they don't let you on a ship until you get the Vaccination.  

21 hours ago, OceanZena said:

When they do I guess you'll just have to find another way to vacation. 

Nope, I will continue to cruise.  I actually have a cruise booked for Christmas that I think the only thing holding it back from sailing is you people.

10 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Even that bastion of conservatism Newsweek reported on it a year ago. Hard to find evidence if you dont look for it.

https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-backed-controversial-wuhan-lab-millions-us-dollars-risky-coronavirus-research-1500741

We don't believe any of that because the "science" told us otherwise. It probably came from "bat soup". Clearly, only a nutjob conspiracy theorist can think it came from a lab studying coronaviruses exactly in the location where the outbreak was first discovered.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

These are cruising boards. I want to hear about cruising, not personal politics. This place should be a coming together of those who want to talk about cruising. I agree with the poster mentioning 4 year olds. I'm sick of petty politics. Just click report and dont engage.

Over the last few years, I had upped my daily news watching to a good 1-2 hours/day. Fortunately, over the last few months, I've turned almost all of that off - and find myself less stressed. Basically less TV time now, and when the TV is on, comedies and documentaries are the standard fare!

🙂

Tom

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Over the last few years, I had upped my daily news watching to a good 1-2 hours/day. Fortunately, over the last few months, I've turned almost all of that off - and find myself less stressed. Basically less TV time now, and when the TV is on, comedies and documentaries are the standard fare!

🙂

Tom

I have cousins on both sides. If you post as if family is watching you dont want to offend, good guiding light here. Consider cc your family you dont want to offend and still speak to next thanksgiving .. or maybe on your next cruise.

You are always respectful of others. Hope others take a cue from you. I'd love to meet you all my next cruise and talk cruising.

Cc should be like your family. Remember the goal isnt to have people think I'd sure hate to meet this person on my next cruise. Let's try to get along. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I have cousins on both sides. If you post as if family is watching you dont want to offend, good guiding light here. Consider cc your family you dont want to offend and still speak to next thanksgiving .. or maybe on your next cruise.

You are always respectful of others. Hope others take a cue from you. I'd love to meet you all my next cruise and talk cruising.

Cc should be like your family. Remember the goal isnt to have people think I'd sure hate to meet this person on my next cruise. Let's try to get along. 

Good post. It may be too late for some. However, I will have a cold beverage with you on Lido.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1