Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

21 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm thinking that they should have offered another stimulus check of some type for those willing to take one for the team!  😉

(Hey Gary!)

Tom

Good to hear from you, Tom-n-Cheryl. We go way back to the good ole days.🙄 Ironically,  I was unaffected by Covid (financially) but still got those one-fits-all checks.

Why not REQUIRE vaxs for everybody but children 18 and under. since this group is practically Covid free or has developed immunity to it ? Just my two cents.

9 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

There's no need to be condescending. I know what the saying means. However, I fail to see the correlation between "Don't tread on me" and being hesitant to have an untested shot injected into one's body that no one knows what side effects will come about from it years from now. The two things have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

They are just throwing you in with one group of people they don't agree with like always. Honestly, they are as bad as the other side they so hate. 

• Like 4

I think Carnival will change their tune on this one, they don't want to disrupt the current and future bookings that are still occurring before sailing resumes. As for me, I hope they do require it and for the staff also.

9 minutes ago, glrounds said:

Good to hear from you, Tom-n-Cheryl. We go way back to the good ole days.🙄 Ironically,  I was unaffected by Covid (financially) but still got those one-fits-all checks.

Why not REQUIRE vaxs for everybody but children 18 and under. since this group is practically Covid free or has developed immunity to it ? Just my two cents.

I totally agree that I, too, should not have received the “one size fits all” checks.  It appears that people need to be incentivized to be vaccinated.  An incentive would be being allowed to cruise.  I believe that all cruise lines will require vaccines.  As far as letting children under 18 sail unvaccinated, it’s that why all the schools were closed?  Wasn’t it so that they did not carry it home to their multi generational families?  I think those 12 and up will be able to be vaccinated before cruising resumes.  I didn’t stay home for 14 months and vaccinate to cruise with the unvaccinated!  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

They are just throwing you in with one group of people they don't agree with like always. Honestly, they are as bad as the other side they so hate. 

And i'm not even remotely a part of that group of people they want to conveniently squeeze me into. It would be funny if it weren't so sad. 

2 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

This Florida Governor is really starting to do and act out some outlandish things. He is so extremely radical (the wrong way) with his thoughts and applications. We all know that these are not his "Insane" ideas but a "Close Mentor" that also resides in Florida. 

My concern is that we all are majority Florida cruisers and/or will be in the near future. I am really concerned for the Citizens and the visitors to that State. This guy acts as if Covid has "Magically Disappeared". It hasn't and as a matter of fact did we not just see where India had the highest number of new cases in a long time? 

Maybe some of you Florida Cruise Nuts can help convince your Governor that he needs to be compassionate about all Floridians and also Visitors; not just those who he is counting on for future votes. It's really a sad situation that we all could be risking our health coming to cruise.    

I don't get your point.  I don't see him as "insane".  You might not agree but that doesn't make him insane.  

I am not concern for either the  citizens or the visitors to Florida.  My son lives there and he feels everything is heading in the right direction.  I will be visiting him in June and I am not concerned at all. 

But as was said before we all have decisions and if you feel that Florida is dangerous then don't enter it by any means.  It is that simple.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Hot off the presses - more evidence I'm right.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.04.19.21255720v1

Lol.  A study completed by the Faroe Islands.  A "preprint" not certified by peer review.  "New medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/what-unrefereed-preprint

3 hours ago, OceanZena said:

What does that mean? "Don't tread on me flag?" And what does that have to do with the conversation? Why do those who disagree continue seem to deflect away from the topic with crazy stuff like this?

32 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

There's no need to be condescending. I know what the saying means. However, I fail to see the correlation between "Don't tread on me" and being hesitant to have an untested shot injected into one's body that no one knows what side effects will come about from it years from now. The two things have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

In your first post, you say that you don't know what Don't tread on me is and then in your subsequent post you do.  I'll make it simple for you...it means no government intervention.  It was a rallying cry during the Revolutionary War versus Great Britain and it's just as appropriate today with those that do not wish to take the vaccine.  Whether some believe that the vaccine contains Covid, or it contains an implant or you're scared because of possible unforeseen side effects years from now.

Maybe now you'll see the correlation.

40 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

It is not untested.  It has been tested in clinical trials and evidence has been established that it is both safe and effective.  Both Moderna and Pfizer will be submitting further data for final FDA approval within a few months.  What will be the challenge then when folks can't say it only has emergency use approval? 

How many years do we wait to see if there are going to be long term side effects: 2 years, 5 years, 15 years, 25 years?  There are not too many vaccines or medical drugs or treatments out there that have an absolute iron-clad 100% guarantee that there may not be side effects years down the road, but we take them anyway.  Good lord, we take them now when there's a multi-page, small print disclosure of every possible side effect known to man, including death.  We take them because the benefit outweighs the risk.  And the approved vaccines for COVID have established just that.

Taking the vaccine is important because it will allow us to achieve herd immunity and maybe, just maybe, get out of this mess before we have more dangerous variants pop up.  I believe that it is our obligation as citizens of this country to do what is best for the common good.  That's an obligation that comes with the freedom and liberty we have been granted.  Not on a soapbox, just my opinion.

• Like 3

Just now, SNJCruisers said:

In your first post, you say that you don't know what Don't tread on me is and then in your subsequent post you do.  I'll make it simple for you...it means no government intervention.  It was a rallying cry during the Revolutionary War versus Great Britain and it's just as appropriate today with those that do not wish to take the vaccine.  Whether some believe that the vaccine contains Covid, or it contains an implant or you're scared because of possible unforeseen side effects years from now.

Maybe now you'll see the correlation.

You really are a piece of work. It was quite obvious that I was asking what your mention of that popular saying was in relation to the topic of conversation. I have noticed in many of your posts that you play these games with other posters with either deflecting to other topics or attempting to bait them away from the discussion with sayings like the "tread" one. 

And I again reiterate for you, "Don't tread on me" has absolutely no correlation with someone being hesitant to have an untested drug injected into their bodies that no ones knows the ramifications that will come about from it years from now. The fact that you're trying so hard to lump me into this box that you've been force fed by media's narrative tells me all I need to know about you. 

And as I stated in a post above, I am so far removed from that particular group of people you are trying do desperately to lump me in with that it's comical. If only you knew lol....but I won't reveal personal information on this board---and nor is it the place to do so. 

That all said, I don't think you and I have anything further to discuss but I really hope in a few years you and everyone else who got the "jab" doesn't regret taking it and I sincerely do mean that. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

It is not untested.  It has been tested in clinical trials and evidence has been established that it is both safe and effective.  Both Moderna and Pfizer will be submitting further data for final FDA approval within a few months.  What will be the challenge then when folks can't say it only has emergency use approval? 

How many years do we wait to see if there are going to be long term side effects: 2 years, 5 years, 15 years, 25 years?  There are not too many vaccines or medical drugs or treatments out there that have an absolute iron-clad 100% guarantee that there may not be side effects years down the road, but we take them anyway.  Good lord, we take them now when there's a multi-page, small print disclosure of every possible side effect known to man, including death.  We take them because the benefit outweighs the risk.  And the approved vaccines for COVID have established just that.

Taking the vaccine is important because it will allow us to achieve herd immunity and maybe, just maybe, get out of this mess before we have more dangerous variants pop up.  I believe that it is our obligation as citizens of this country to do what is best for the common good.  That's an obligation that comes with the freedom and liberty we have been granted.  Not on a soapbox, just my opinion.

All in less than one year from testing to release. Look, IF say 10 years down the line there's no news of horrible side effects from these drugs and Covid is still ravaging the world, then yes, i'll most likely take the shot then. I will be in my 60's at that point and in the higher risk category as well---but for now I have zero intention of taking it and I don't think it's our "obligation" to do so. However, I do respect your opinion even though I disagree with it. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

...  It was a rallying cry during the Revolutionary War versus Great Britain and it's just as appropriate today with those that do not wish to take the vaccine.  ...

You know what's REALLY messed up? When I now see people with huge American flags attached to their pickup trucks, I don't see it the same way I did a few years ago. I don't think that they're expressing patriotism for the same values that I have, and that's sad on many levels. I think we've come too close to the edge, and it's there that we'll be for some time.

Tom

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

All in less than one year from testing to release. Look, IF say 10 years down the line there's no news of horrible side effects from these drugs and Covid is still ravaging the world, then yes, i'll most likely take the shot then. I will be in my 60's at that point and in the higher risk category as well---but for now I have zero intention of taking it and I don't think it's our "obligation" to do so. However, I do respect your opinion even though I disagree with it. 

I don't completely agree with you 100 percent but I will stand with you in your right for self-determination.  You have an absolute right to your opinion and your decisions.  Some of these people are totalitarians and remind me of the old political cartoons of a giant iron boot.  There is only one way of thinking and it is what they determined as their way.  It is a very narrow minded approach to the interchanging of free thought.  You will not be able to change that.  Let it go and as things unfold make your own decisions.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

But as was said before we all have decisions and if you feel that Florida is dangerous then don't enter it by any means.  It is that simple.  

It is easy to say just stay away, however, Florida is one of a number of states that receives more in Federal money than they pay in. It isn't the United State of Florida, it is the United States of America.

It might be an interesting experiment to cut lose of a state or two, and see how they fare on their own.

1 hour ago, OceanZena said:

What alternative solution would you propose? We have no idea of what reactions we may all suffer later on. However, for now this is what we have as a solution. Now that the Medical Experts are again "Given Their Voices Back" I am sure they are open to any viable suggestions.   

55 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

48 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

And i'm not even remotely a part of that group of people they want to conveniently squeeze me into. It would be funny if it weren't so sad. 

Here are things in a nutshell.  The line has been drawn in the proverbial sand and each of the two groups stand on each side.  Those that are vaccinated and those that are not.  Both of you are obviously in the unvaccinated group.

Decided to do some quick research about the four most vocal members of the unvaccinated group.

OCEAN ZENA    101 posts since 2020

d12j28                610 posts since 2016

TIPPYTON         435 posts since 2018

CRUISERACER  133 posts since 2013

A common denominator that these posters have is that a high percentage of their limited amount of posts have to deal with the issue at hand about vaccinations.  I personally don't care what their reason is for not getting the jab, only that their refusal further extends the time that we as a society may possibly reach herd immunity.  Don't know whether that is attainable or not.  Since vaccines are now available to everyone in the country 16+, we should probably know where things stand by June 1.  Hopefully by then the CDC will have made a decision or at least a game plan as to how cruising can resume from the US.

At this point I am going to take my 10,000 + posts on CC and turn my attentions to other threads that interest me.  I don't care at all what responses come from the 4 mentioned posters above.  They are primarily concerned with spreading the do not get jabbed tutorial and I am more concerned about paying it forward regarding topics that deal with anything else in the cruise world besides vaccinations.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

I don't completely agree with you 100 percent but I will stand with you in your right for self-determination.  You have an absolute right to your opinion and your decisions.  Some of these people are totalitarians and remind me of the old political cartoons of a giant iron boot.  There is only one way of thinking and it is what they determined as their way.  It is a very narrow minded approach to the interchanging of free thought.  You will not be able to change that.  Let it go and as things unfold make your own decisions.  

Trust me a reliable and effective Covid Vaccine was not a year in the making. Please don't believe the nonsense that some media outlets lead you to believe. This Pandemic and/or symptoms has been around for a while and Medical Experts around the World have been working toward a cure. Sorry, the past administration gets zero credit. 

6 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Here are things in a nutshell.  The line has been drawn in the proverbial sand and each of the two groups stand on each side.  Those that are vaccinated and those that are not.  Both of you are obviously in the unvaccinated group.

Decided to do some quick research about the four most vocal members of the unvaccinated group.

A common denominator that these posters have is that a high percentage of their limited amount of posts have to deal with the issue at hand about vaccinations.  I personally don't care what their reason is for not getting the jab, only that their refusal further extends the time that we as a society may possibly reach herd immunity.  Don't know whether that is attainable or not.  Since vaccines are now available to everyone in the country 16+, we should probably know where things stand by June 1.  Hopefully by then the CDC will have made a decision or at least a game plan as to how cruising can resume from the US.

At this point I am going to take my 10,000 + posts on CC and turn my attentions to other threads that interest me.  I don't care at all what responses come from the 4 mentioned posters above.  They are primarily concerned with spreading the do not get jabbed tutorial and I am more concerned about paying it forward regarding topics that deal with anything else in the cruise world besides vaccinations.

Bye.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, d12j28 said:

Stay home then or cruise from someplace else. Nobody is making you go to Florida.

Why won't you turn that sort of rhetoric toward helping to change the Florida mindset? Instead of insisting that those of us that want "safety" for our families stay away utilize that energy to help the cause for us all. Again I only speak the truth. Sometimes it may hurt and sometimes it does not.  

12 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

How wrong you are. 

Most of my post on here deal with Cheers and casino offers. Occasionally I get caught up in the political BS on here.

I am vaccinated. My whole family is. 

Please show where I've told people to not get vaccinated.

I'm not the one drawing a line in the sand. You and others on here are. Do I think people should get the vaccine? Of course, but at the same time I'm not going to belittle others because they don't want to for whatever reason. 

Maybe you should know more about someone before just throwing them into this or that group.  

Are you really one of those "I have more posts than you" people? Honestly I never thought of you that way until now. I don't even look at someone's post count. 

Edited by d12j28
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, OceanZena said:

As a Floridian I LOVE my Governor!! ❤️

I am glad and proud of you for showing love. However, that does not take away from his insane and heartless thought pattern. He can be loved and misguided at the same time. My job is to tell the truth.