Is This THE Announcement?

KennyFla

14 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Thanks for update.  We'd only have interest in Ocean Cay since we are 0 for 2 there but always manage Nassau.

Am I to understand that Nassau wants to charge you $40 to step onto their terre firma??  Are you sure that it’s not the other way around???😂

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I know Pfizer and I think Moderna say by the end of 2021 they will ahve a pill available. MY main reason for the mask situation. I do not hear well and watch lips to get the message. So the masks cause me to say a lot of times. Please repeat that. I do have a hearing aid but the masks also muffle the words spoken. A hearing aid is just that and aid. It does not replace your natural hearing at all. I can only hear out of one ear. The other is dead. Thanks to being in the service during nam. I am one of the very lucky service men.

Thank you for your service. 

I look forward to not wearing masks, they definitely reduce the quality of interaction between people in public. I can also understand how masking can be especially challenging for people with hearing loss.  But, I'm content to do it for a while longer even though I'm vaccinated...even while cruising. Hopefully in a year or two, masking will be a thing of the past in the US.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kruizin'Kath said:

Being a nurse working with elderly patients through COVID-19, I can assure you that they can read your face, especially your smiles with a mask on!

I appreciate reading your post.  Thank you.

5 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I know Pfizer and I think Moderna say by the end of 2021 they will ahve a pill available. MY main reason for the mask situation. I do not hear well and watch lips to get the message. So the masks cause me to say a lot of times. Please repeat that. I do have a hearing aid but the masks also muffle the words spoken. A hearing aid is just that and aid. It does not replace your natural hearing at all. I can only hear out of one ear.

We share some of the same hearing challenges.  

2 hours ago, DSJ28 said:

But, I'm content to do it for a while longer even though I'm vaccinated...even while cruising. Hopefully in a year or two, masking will be a thing of the past in the US.

I am "content" with wearing a mask for as long as it is required to be done.  And, doing so is in the best interest of others with whom I encounter.  But, I surely hope that the mask wearing requirement has only months to survive and not "in a year or two".   As for mask wearing during a cruise, if one has read my comments on other CC posts, I am not investing in a "vacation" that would already have "one strike against" it with regards to my satisfaction with the money that I have spent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I am "content" with wearing a mask for as long as it is required to be done.  And, doing so is in the best interest of others with whom I encounter.  But, I surely hope that the mask wearing requirement has only months to survive and not "in a year or two".   As for mask wearing during a cruise, if one has read my comments on other CC posts, I am not investing in a "vacation" that would already have "one strike against" it with regards to my satisfaction with the money that I have spent.

I hear you.  I certainly hope it's not necessary to wear masks for a year or two - but, like you, I'll do what must be done.  Fortunately, there are several vacation options other than cruising which likely don't or won't require masking.  In time, cruising, too, will be more normal.  If masking would ruin your vacation - you are absolutely right to avoid cruising while it's expected.  

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 4:13 PM, MotownVoice said:

:...And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me..."

Donald Trump, Covid Team Press Conference - James Brady Press Briefing Room

April 23, 2020

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/apr/24/context-what-donald-trump-said-about-disinfectant-/

On 5/1/2021 at 7:15 PM, kidless said:

Thank you for posting that. I love Politifact. It and Politico are some of my favorite sites for finding out what was actually said vs what the media often sloppily implies was said.

This is from the article you posted, emphasis is mine:

"The briefing transcript shows that Trump did not say people should inject themselves with bleach or alcohol to treat the coronavirus. He was asking officials on the White House coronavirus task force whether they could be used in potential cures."

Yet intelligent people will post on social media a million times "he said you should inject bleach into your veins!!" Oh, boy.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yet intelligent people will post on social media a million times "he said you should inject bleach into your veins!!" Oh, boy.....

You make it sound like he otherwise had a history of saying sane, rational and useful things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

You make it sound like he otherwise had a history of saying sane, rational and useful things.

Whether the dumb things you say are blared across the Corrupt Media or Worse SocialMedia depends on which political party you belong to.  Everybody says dumb things.

Half of this country is so grossly mis-informed.

3 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

I think it's closer to about 15 million voters who are still misinformed.

Prior to January 6th he had about a 43% share of support from the total electorate.  Afterward he lost all of those voters save for about the smallest group of the most dedicated Qanon, confederacy minded supporters, and their corrosponding house and senate representatives.

23 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

Haha, true. In fact that actually proves my point: given some of the crazy stuff he said every day, why were people even paying attention anymore?

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Haha, true. In fact that actually proves my point: given some of the crazy stuff he said every day, why were people even paying attention anymore?

I agree with you.  I was just pointing out though that you can either go directly to his quote, what he actually said ... or you can cling to what someone of the pundits tried to spin it as the next day.

Possible that he didn't literally mean to inject bleach in to the veins when he asked Dr. Birk to look in to injecting disinfectant?  Of course.

But he was the president.  The president doesn't walk out in to a press conference and start blurting out ham-handed, bizarre sounding, out of touch ideas and not expect to raise a few eyebrows.

All president have said dumb things.  Yes.

I defy anyone to find something more bizarre than the things said by Donald J. Trump.  It's not a contest.  But if it were, he'd get the gold star.

1 minute ago, MotownVoice said:

I agree with you.  I was just pointing out though that you can either go directly to his quote, what he actually said ... or you can cling to what someone of the pundits tried to spin it as the next day.

Possible that he didn't literally mean to inject bleach in to the veins when he asked Dr. Birk to look in to injecting disinfectant?  Of course.

But he was the president.  The president doesn't walk out in to a press conference and start blurting out ham-handed, bizarre sounding, out of touch ideas and not expect to raise a few eyebrows.

All president have said dumb things.  Yes.

I defy anyone to find something more bizarre than the things said by Donald J. Trump.  It's not a contest.  But if it were, he'd get the gold star.

I'm smart enough to know better than to trust a non-doctor to give medical advice. I assumed my fellow Americans were also that smart. I was wrong. Now I am sad.

6 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

Whether the dumb things you say are blared across the Corrupt Media or Worse SocialMedia depends on which political party you belong to.  Everybody says dumb things.

Fake news and stupid for believing everything from only one side. Anyhow. We are not to be talking about politics on Cruise Critic. This is to be about what the Bahamas is charging.

I am cancelling the BOGO cruise I booked on BPCL. Pricing has gotten way to high now for only 2 days. We just booked the MSC Divina for Sep 4, 2021 a 7 day cruise out of Port Canaveral for only $368.00pp for an Ocean View cabin. Tax $128.00 off site parking will be $56 for the week not $40 for only 2 days. So it is a far better price. $52.60 a day pp vs $87.25 a day pp including the $40 Med visa required. Even though MSCs island is the Bahamas. No med visa is required. BPCL charges $13.95 a day for gratuities. MSC is either $8 or $12 depending on the cabin. Those that can only get away for 2 days it is still a good deal.

2 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'm smart enough to know better than to trust a non-doctor to give medical advice. I assumed my fellow Americans were also that smart. I was wrong. Now I am sad.

Some people will believe anything. Stupid is as stupid does. If you think bleach injected or taken orally will kill the vaccine and not harm you. You need to be in an institution for sure. Blaming anyone for saying it is just as bad.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'm smart enough to know better than to trust a non-doctor to give medical advice. 

Yet so many people that barely passed basic high school level science classes don't trust medical advise from actual doctors.

15 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Fake news and stupid for believing everything from only one side. Anyhow. We are not to be talking about politics on Cruise Critic. This is to be about what the Bahamas is charging.

The statement above and then three minutes later the statement below lol...

12 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Some people will believe anything. Stupid is as stupid does. If you think bleach injected or taken orally will kill the vaccine and not harm you. You need to be in an institution for sure. Blaming anyone for saying it is just as bad.

Yeah, people definitely shouldn't be held accountable for the things they say... what kind of crazy world do you think we live in? Freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequences. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Like 2