Could 9 or Havana 🤷‍♀️

2 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

We have never done a spa room, but I can tell you we would sleep in a broom closet in the Havana area if that was all that was available. 🥰

Wow really 😁 okay I gotta know what's so great about it? I read that it's a bit more secluded, which is 1 reason I like spa rooms. But Vista doesn't have the pool which is the #1 reason I prefer those rooms

43 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

Wow really 😁 okay I gotta know what's so great about it? I read that it's a bit more secluded, which is 1 reason I like spa rooms. But Vista doesn't have the pool which is the #1 reason I prefer those rooms

To us, it's very much a ship-within-a-ship atmosphere. Aside from going to the main dining room, pretty much everything else we love is steps away from the Havana area! We are at the coffee bar a LOT and that is right there... Ocean Plaza is right there, and with the breakfast spread they put out every morning we never have to deal with the Lido Marketplace chaos... Red Frog Pub is close by... shopping.. all the wonderful outside seating on the Lanai.

And then there's the Havana area itself. You can go up and deal with the crowds and noise at the main pool... Or you can enjoy the peace and relative solitude at the gorgeous Havana pool area. With its own bar, ftw. 😁  For us, it's definitely a no-brainer. 🙂 

carnival-vista-carnival-68517.jpg

7182d6_d3b2d0b369f24692a7637b534ce32944_mv2_d_2048_1536_s_2.jpg

• Like 2

I have a Havana interior booked on the Mardi Gras in late August.  I still have hope that the cruise will happen and am very excited about snagging a cabin in the Havana area.  Now all I have to do is keep my fingers crossed that there will be a cruise and that I won't be bumped due to over booking if the Covid restrictions mandates at 50% passenger capacity.  I'm fully vaccinated so not worried about non-vaccinated people onboard.  Of course, it will really suck to have to wear masks if they don't require vaccines for all passengers. 

I know - I'm from Florida and our Governor has signed a bill making it illegal for companies to require vaccinations.  Still not sure how that law will stand up when the court battles are sure to begin.  I don't see how he can tell a private business what they can and cannot require - unless of course it involves someone in a protected status.  Oh well, we'll see.  I would be willing to bet that this law will exclude cruise ships if the companies decide to remove their ships to states without such a law.

Like I said, I am fully vaccinated and couldn't care less if some decide they don't want to get the vaccine.  I just wish that I could go without a mask on a cruise.  Other than that, anyone's decision not to be vaccinated won't affect me.  

• Thanks 1

Havana, for sure.  The only advantage to Cloud 9 would be if you are a dedicated spa services user.  (IMO, without the real Thalassotheraphy pool, like on the Splendor, the spa rooms aren't all that special.)

4 minutes ago, naxer said:

Havana, for sure.  The only advantage to Cloud 9 would be if you are a dedicated spa services user.  (IMO, without the real Thalassotheraphy pool, like on the Splendor, the spa rooms aren't all that special.)

YES!  After i realized no thalassotherapy pool the excitement diminished.  We are booked already but i saw this morning there is now a havana interior available.  I'm waiting on my pvp to respond if we will lose the obc promo we booked under if we change rooms.  If not i'm leaning more toward changing it.  Everyone in our room is adults, I'm thinking we'll enjoy the havana area more 😁

1 hour ago, naxer said:

I beg to differ. The type of pool only matters if you use it. The other spa features, such as Steam and sauna rooms and the heated tile loungers are actually more popular than the whirlpools. Since there aren't going to be complementary steam or sauna rooms (on the Mardi Gras) for you to use if that's something you use regularly when you go on a cruise, which for me it is, then having a Spa cabin allows you unlimited access to those features without paying for a separate weeklong Spa pass. I have a Spa balcony on the Mardi Gras for April.

NCL ships have some of the best spas of all the lines. When I use their spas it's for the steam, sauna and heated loungers. I probably use the Thalassotherapy pool maybe once or twice on a weeks long cruise. The steam and sauna I use every day.  

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

Between those two options I'd definitely chose the Havana area on the Vista. The private pool/hot tub/bar area on the back of the ship is really quite nice. Great views, cabana style loungers, not crowded and the layout design feels a little more upscale. I thought it was a very nice area. Keep in mind that the area is 12 and older though, so if you are by chance traveling with someone younger they won't be able to join you. 

• Like 1

If you can afford to splurge and book a Grand Suite, I believe you will have access to both Cloud 9 and Havana.  I know Havana is included in the Grand Suite on Vista Class ships. I am almost certain that Havana is as well 

Edited by stobe1