Welcome Back Cruises 2021 - Malta & Adriatic Cruises and General Discussion

JM0115

1 minute ago, C-sea said:

Yes, I am booked on a chartered flight from Viking Air, non stop Newark to Malta for a September 22nd. However I'm on hold right now with Viking Air as this flight info has been taken off my "My Viking Journey" I'll get back when they tell me what's going on

Thank you so very much !!!!. I want to book this cruise on Monday morning if I can figure out flights ahead of time . I do not want to fly for 25-32 hrs at a time. 

1 hour ago, Azulann said:

Sorry about my above post. Don’t know how to delete it 

new question : has anyone been booked on direct flight from Newark to Malta  for your upcoming cruise ?

hope book the Western Med Oct 12 -18 Malta to Barcelona . I really do not want to fly from US to Frankfurt to Malta. That would be three flights in one day. Viking agent could not tell me what flights I would have with Viking  Air. 
thanks!

We are booked RT on Newark-Malta charter for 8/30 cruise. Hoping that this doesn’t change. I believe these were set up special just for the Welcome Back cruises which end the beginning of October. (Yours is a repositioning cruise). There was no Viking Air Plus for these cruises, so you are at their mercy. I went through my TA who did his best to make sure we got on the charter.

These comments about chartered flights to Malta are very interesting. We are scheduled for the Sept 2 cruise, leaving from DFW, and don't have any airline information yet. I check a couple of times a day, but that hasn't made it happen. 🙂 Hopefully soon! 

We were originally on the chartered flight from ewr to mla for the 8/3 sailing but that got changed a couple of weeks ago. I guess they didn’t have enough people to fill the flight. Now we are ord to fra to mla. Adds a few hours but not too bad

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, travelguy19 said:

We are booked RT on Newark-Malta charter for 8/30 cruise. Hoping that this doesn’t change. I believe these were set up special just for the Welcome Back cruises which end the beginning of October. (Yours is a repositioning cruise). There was no Viking Air Plus for these cruises, so you are at their mercy. I went through my TA who did his best to make sure we got on the charter.

Thank you so much . I get it now. No wonder they are offering free air ! 
doing my own goggle flight search , there is only  long haul through at least two or three airports ! And if they are not offering AirPlus $150   I could for pay deviation fee to stay in Barcelona an extra day .  Need to think some more about the actual cost for this quick one week cruise with friends 😊

1 hour ago, Azulann said:

Thank you so very much !!!!. I want to book this cruise on Monday morning if I can figure out flights ahead of time . I do not want to fly for 25-32 hrs at a time. 

I did jump on this itinerary  when I saw there was a non stop segment from Newark to Malta that Viking Air had procured as a charter for their "Welcome Back to the World" promotion. My flight itinerary is fine after talking to Viking Air, there was a change to my domestic air portion and now that they have spoken with me, it's now available to view in "My Viking Journey" again

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, viking2704 said:

We were originally on the chartered flight from ewr to mla for the 8/3 sailing but that got changed a couple of weeks ago. I guess they didn’t have enough people to fill the flight. Now we are ord to fra to mla. Adds a few hours but not too bad

I wonder if that will happen to us, we still see a nonstop Newark to Malta flight within our itinerary but we are 7 weeks after your cruise so we'll see

41 minutes ago, crochetgirl said:

These comments about chartered flights to Malta are very interesting. We are scheduled for the Sept 2 cruise, leaving from DFW, and don't have any airline information yet. I check a couple of times a day, but that hasn't made it happen. 🙂 Hopefully soon! 

I did pay the $50.pp to Viking Air for the ability to choose our seats and flights. My understanding is there is only one chartered flight per cruise to the Malta "Welcome Back" promotion and it's Newark to Malta (8hrs40mins)and back. We also have a domestic flight, hometown to Newark and back included in itinerary.

Edited by C-sea

5 minutes ago, C-sea said:

I wonder if that will happen to us, we still see a nonstop Newark to Malta flight within our itinerary but we are 7 weeks after your cruise so we'll see

Ok , can I suggest C-sea you start a roll call for this cruise. I will talk to you on it , rather than take up space in this thread about one cruise from Malta on Oct 12. 
So glad to book this cruise. We’re you on the same Bermuda cruise on July 13 with me ?

talk to you on the roll call. 

4 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Ok , can I suggest C-sea you start a roll call for this cruise. I will talk to you on it , rather than take up space in this thread about one cruise from Malta on Oct 12. 
So glad to book this cruise. We’re you on the same Bermuda cruise on July 13 with me ?

talk to you on the roll call. 

Hi Azulann, Yes I was on the 7/13 Bermuda cruise, sorry we didn't meet! I am on Sept 22 to Malta. Hope all goes well with your booking on Monday

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CLBSC said:

Very interesting to see the August and September Malta cruises now offering free air and free single supplement; these cruises must not be very full......

Not all itineraries are offering free air, our Sept 22nd is not

I hope my air doesn’t change as we have nonstop from LAX on 9/1 then on the charter from Newark to Malta round trip.  Couldn’t ask for anything better.  We did get the free air promo, and as I look at the seating from Lufthansa looks like more than 100 seats are filled.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ebtrip said:

I hope my air doesn’t change as we have nonstop from LAX on 9/1 then on the charter from Newark to Malta round trip.  Couldn’t ask for anything better.  We did get the free air promo, and as I look at the seating from Lufthansa looks like more than 100 seats are filled.

May I ask, which cruise date did you receive free air? That is a great deal!

1 hour ago, CLBSC said:

Interesting... our  8/23 non-stop Newark to Malta Lufthansa flight does not show seats on their website....website...our United flights do show seats though...

18 minutes ago, C-sea said:

18 minutes ago, C-sea said:

We did not get free air but today the 8/23 and 9/12 Malta and Adriatic cruises are offering free air

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 7.12.55 PM.png

1 hour ago, Tom.in.nc said:

For those who have may not seen it, here is the July 29 update of Viking Malta  requirements.

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/14-210729-RestartPreCruiseRequirement-Malta-US-UK.pdf

Tom

Hi Tom, I presume this needs to be done 14 days prior to arrival.  Thanks for all the updates 

Edited by ebtrip