Welcome Back Cruises 2021 - Malta & Adriatic Cruises and General Discussion

JM0115

1 hour ago, ebtrip said:

As of today, we are on United to Newark September 1, they state that a covid test  is necessary for our connecting flight on Lufthansa..  all very confusing.  Also filled out the Malta health form after printing it.  Lots of paper work.

I suggest you double-check with United. From what I see on their entry requirements for Malta, they just quote the Maltese government requirements that if you’re vaccinated, no PCR test as of now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

I suggest you double-check with United. From what I see on their entry requirements for Malta, they just quote the Maltese government requirements that if you’re vaccinated, no PCR test as of now.

I definitely misread the info from UA.  Thx

• Like 1

I want to echo EBTRIP's thanks to all on this forum for the helpful information.  And, EBTRIP, it sounds like you may be on our Viking Sea August 10 embarkation.  We are Oceania smaller ship fans, and this is our first Viking trip.  From the posts, I think we will be very pleased with it.  Regards, all.

18 minutes ago, PBtroy said:

I want to echo EBTRIP's thanks to all on this forum for the helpful information.  And, EBTRIP, it sounds like you may be on our Viking Sea August 10 embarkation.  We are Oceania smaller ship fans, and this is our first Viking trip.  From the posts, I think we will be very pleased with it.  Regards, all.

Hi PBtroy, no I’m on the Venus Sept. 2. Have a wonderful voyage, you will enjoy Viking.

59 minutes ago, rizello said:

German government does not require a PCR test if you are vaccinated, but for some reason people are posting that they are asking for it anyway.  I guess we just have to be prepared for anything.

I’ve only seen one person (Tom) post that he was asked for it in FRA while transiting. We don’t travel for a few weeks and will just plan on monitoring regulations.

Information here is pretty clear that as of July 31, 2021, PCR test not needed to transit Germany if vaccinated:

https://www.germany.info/us-en/covid-19/2321562

Edited by LindaS272
Added info

Would someone be able to answer a VeriFly/Malta passenger locator form question for the Malta arrivals?

I completed the Malta passenger locator form, got the QR code and entered it into VeriFly.  Then I discovered that I had made an error on the form for one of my flight times.  I edited the passenger locator form and it looks like I have a new QR code.  But VeriFly is not showing me anywhere that I can scan the new QR code on the app.  

How do I update my QR code/passenger locator form info on VeriFly?

I am printing copies of the passenger locator form also?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, rizello said:

Would someone be able to answer a VeriFly/Malta passenger locator form question for the Malta arrivals?

I completed the Malta passenger locator form, got the QR code and entered it into VeriFly.  Then I discovered that I had made an error on the form for one of my flight times.  I edited the passenger locator form and it looks like I have a new QR code.  But VeriFly is not showing me anywhere that I can scan the new QR code on the app.  

How do I update my QR code/passenger locator form info on VeriFly?

I am printing copies of the passenger locator form also?

Thanks

I think I read that you will have to delete and start over in the Verifly app. But here is a Viking doc with customer support number for Verifly and their help center:

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/VeriFLY_Instructions_For_MilestonesChecklist.pdf

We're home, from the July 24 Adriatic Jewels sailing.  To sum up: very glad we did this.  It was my first time with Viking, and even though it wasn't a typical Viking experience by any means we learned enough to know that it won't be our last.  Despite the Covid-related hurdles getting there, and a few not-too-arduous Covid restrictions, the cruise itself was fantastic.  

Tangentially: I have lots of notes for Viking (99% complimentary, 1% constructive criticism) -- too much to cram onto the paper survey form.  Is there an email address for passenger comments?

3 minutes ago, Jchivers said:

We're home, from the July 24 Adriatic Jewels sailing.  To sum up: very glad we did this.  It was my first time with Viking, and even though it wasn't a typical Viking experience by any means we learned enough to know that it won't be our last.  Despite the Covid-related hurdles getting there, and a few not-too-arduous Covid restrictions, the cruise itself was fantastic.  

Tangentially: I have lots of notes for Viking (99% complimentary, 1% constructive criticism) -- too much to cram onto the paper survey form.  Is there an email address for passenger comments?

I m sure someone will come along and give you an email address for Viking. In the meantime, at top of this page in blue  CC  has category of Write a review. That is very helpful for all members and also I know Viking does monitor the posts and reviews on Cruise Critic. 

So glad you enjoyed your cruise. As a first time Viking cruiser your observations and suggestions are valuable.

13 minutes ago, Jchivers said:

Good to hear you enjoyed your first Viking Cruise.

In addition to Azulann's suggestion, if you send comments to tellus@vikingcruises.com I have no doubt you will receive a call back from them to discuss and they will be forwarded to the appropriate people.

1 hour ago, Jchivers said:

Did you have your PCR certificate inspected at the airport in Malta? We didn't and no one asked for it. 🤷‍♂️ The only document we were asked for at check-in was our Passenger Locator Form for the UK.

At London Heathrow none of our documents were checked either. There was plenty of signage asking you to have your PCR, PLF and proof of a day 2 PCR test booking, but everyone used the automatic passport and facial recognition booths without anyone checking anything. We were shocked. The whole time we've had it drummed into us that without meeting these specific requirements we wouldn't be allowed to travel, and then the airports in Malta and UK airports check nothing. 😡

Edited by FirstTimeFreddy
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, FirstTimeFreddy said:

Did you have your PCR certificate inspected at the airport in Malta? We didn't and no one asked for it. 🤷‍♂️ The only document we were asked for at check-in was our Passenger Locator Form for the UK.

At London Heathrow none of our documents were checked either. There was plenty of signage asking you to have your PCR, PLF and proof of a day 2 PCR test booking, but everyone used the automatic passport and facial recognition booths without anyone checking anything. We were shocked. The whole time we've had it drummed into us that without meeting these specific requirements we wouldn't be allowed to travel, and then the airports in Malta and UK airports check nothing. 😡

Going to Malta: after all the dust settled it turned out that all we needed was proof of vaccination (the CDC card).  As I recall (it's all a blur now) Malta required a 72-hour PCR test but Germany needed 48 hours -- so the test we took on Wednesday before our Friday departure was too old for Germany.  Fortunately, with proof of vaccination no covid test was necessary ($145 down the drain).  All we needed was the Malta PLF and the CDC card.  

Coming home: we had to go through a German checkpoint ("papers!"  🙂)  where they needed to see the covid test we took on the ship.  Other than that, nothing.

• Like 3

Athens day 1

We did the included tour today:

Panoramic Athens & Archaeological Museum

Was bus based, but got a photo opp at the old Olympic stadium,then onto the museum for an hour or more and then bus back.

The museum has a small gift shop which we could access 

When we returned to the port there were two shops open prior to security and after security there was a duty free shop.

The first time, on this cruise, so far, for a shopping opportunity.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Alan2504 said:

Athens day 1

We did the included tour today:

Panoramic Athens & Archaeological Museum

Was bus based, but got a photo opp at the old Olympic stadium,then onto the museum for an hour or more and then bus back.

The museum has a small gift shop which we could access 

When we returned to the port there were two shops open prior to security and after security there was a duty free shop.

The first time, on this cruise, so far, for a shopping opportunity.

Thanks for the ray of sunshine! without the heat...

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2021 at 2:48 AM, ebtrip said:

Hi PBtroy, no I’m on the Venus Sept. 2. Have a wonderful voyage, you will enjoy Viking.

ENTrip.  We have taken three Oceania, an Azamara and now on the Venus.  The Venus is a spectacular vessel.  Nicest I have been on.  Good comparable to Oceania and Azamara 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Alan2504 said:

Awesome you are keeping us informed! Couldn't quite read the evening schedule, so wondering if Viking is having any entertainment in the evening...as in the past really talented dances, vocalist and such, in the theater setting.

1 hour ago, gma1 said:

Awesome you are keeping us informed! Couldn't quite read the evening schedule, so wondering if Viking is having any entertainment in the evening...as in the past really talented dances, vocalist and such, in the theater setting.

To be honest I have been having problems with my phone, the intense heat has caused it to de-laminate !

I have tried that page again !

IMG_20210805_1743295.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NC1989 said:

Quick question for those who are still on board..........Has anyone tried having a video conference (zoom or facetime) while at sea? How was the connection?   Thanks!

We haven’t (on the Venus) done this ourselves, but several crew members have said that they video chat with their families frequently.

Tom 

• Like 1

Friday August 6th 2021

Thira

As for streaming in any form is pretty patchy on the guest side of the internet via satellite ground based is fine. I guess the crew have another connection compared to the guests when linking to the on board system?

20210806_001851-COLLAGE.jpg

• Like 2