FCC + $600 OBC on already booked cruise - it works!

I was waiting for my TA to call on the cancelation to process the canceled cruise for July. She contacted CCL with what I wanted  and was able to get the FCC + $600 OBC on my already booked cruise in November. There were a few things that have to happen for it to process correctly.

• ~$1500 from July Mardi Gras will transfer immediately to the November cruise
  • ~$500 for taxes and port charges will be refunded to my credit card (up to 45 days to receive)
  • ~$750 of the cruise fare held until next week so the $600 OBC can be applied correctly to the November cruise.

All in all, it was a pretty painless process on my end. My TA and whoever she worked with at CCL made it simple. Nice to have such a seamless process.

• Like 1

It was my first time with CCL. I had long waits and piecing stuff together with RCL. I was surprised at how easy it was to do. They called me again this morning to explain why the $750 was held. Because my FCC is more than I owe on the next cruise, they do it this way to process the refund amount, then submit the $750 so the OBC can be applied. 

Just happy at how smoothly it all went. Now if we can just get November cruising going with no restrictions.

I just tried having this done with a cruise that was cancelled a few days ago. The agent was working on it, then the call got disconnected. 🙄 He knew how to get it done, but wasn't finished with the process yet. So guess I'll call back later and try again.

Good to know. I was wondering about this myself in case my Sept cruise cancelled. I have 2 booked for next year. Hoping Sept. goes off since things are starting to go our way.