Back to Back Sailings allowed during conditional sail order

tert333

I had the understanding that back to back cruises were not allowed, if the total of the two sailings was greater than 7 days.   This does not seem to be the case as the CDC has issued some new testing guidelines on May 14 and they refer to back to back cruises.   More good news.....

Back-to-back sailing refers to passengers who stay on board for two or more voyages.

• Cruise ship operators must collect specimens for SARS-CoV-2 viral testing3 as follows, unless passengers are fully vaccinated or have documentation of recovery in the past 90 days:
    • All4 newly embarking passengers on the day of embarkation.
    • All4 disembarking passengers on the day of disembarkation.
    • All4 passengers on back-to-back sailings prior to the ship sailing on the next voyage.

CDC issued new protocols last night (May 14th).

The CDC outlined what type of tests are required for fully and unvaccinated passengers.

Fully vaccinated passengers do not need to be tested on embarkation day, disembarkation day, or even going on a back to back sailing. While embarkation testing is not required, international travelers arriving in the U.S. are recommended to be tested 3-5 days after arrival, including those who are fully vaccinated. Cruise operators may follow this recommendation at their discretion.

Those that are not vaccinated, will need to take a Viral (NAAT or antigen) test for embarkation day, disembarkation day, and if doing a back to back.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/05/15/cdc-adds-new-rules-screening-cruise-ship-passengers-and-back-back-cruisers

Edited by Syracusefan44

Same good news appeared over on the Celebrity board:

image.png.fc08c00aeea18ab86b7e53e5a9747992.png

image.png.ed1bc949640329b2cbd448db3a495724.png

Also HAL:

"Departing Aug. 15 and 29, the "Idyllic Greek Isles" itinerary features Kotor, Montenegro, plus the Greek isles of Kékira (Corfu), Thíra (Santorini) and Mykonos. "Ancient Wonders" departs Aug. 22 to explore Haifa, Israel, as well as Náfplion, Mykonos and Rhodes in Greece. Both options can be combined to form a longer, back-to-back 14-day Collectors' Voyage.

8 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

So confusing ,my neighbor has a B2B under 2 booking numbers she seems to think it is OK .Booked through a TA .

I would like more clarity on this.

I have  two 7-day cruises B2B booked for 2022. I booked them directly with Princess. The Princess agent didn't  mention anything  about it not being permitted. 

7 hours ago, flamomo said:

I have  two 7-day cruises B2B booked for 2022. I booked them directly with Princess. The Princess agent didn't  mention anything  about it not being permitted. 

That is because the CDC restrictions on B2B are scheduled to expire on November 1 this year.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

That is because the CDC restrictions on B2B are scheduled to expire on November 1 this year.

Correct.  I have a back to back cruise booked on the Enchanted for Nov 30th and Dec. 10th.  I was able to book it last summer due to the fact it was after the restrictions expire. I booked it through Princess and had to get a supervisor to override the bookings.