Virtuosa maiden voyage

Stu UK

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

We didn't have to provide any insurance details for our May 20th and they've just sent cruise docs for June 26h without asking for insurance.

You have to show it when you get to the port so I cant see any reason for having to provide it in advance.

MSC now require insurance info prior to issuing tickets. This is the email I received from my TA 10 days ago:-

FB1A70F9-9545-4E6B-A528-BF94BADE84C4.jpeg

That's not true, because they have (repeatedly!) issued my e-tickets without seeing my insurance. The latest set came through this morning, making 9 copies of the e-ticket all with the same information. 😂

The website still shows only a requirement to show them before boarding. From everything that's been posted, I think it makes it easier to get tickets if you give them your insurance details in advance, but it doesn't appear to be mandatory. 

6 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

That's not true, because they have (repeatedly!) issued my e-tickets without seeing my insurance. The latest set came through this morning, making 9 copies of the e-ticket all with the same information. 😂

The website still shows only a requirement to show them before boarding. From everything that's been posted, I think it makes it easier to get tickets if you give them your insurance details in advance, but it doesn't appear to be mandatory. 

Oh ok. It would seem to me that it’s another case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing lol. When I rang MSC prior to my May 28th sailing, I was told the reason my tickets hadn’t been issued was because my insurance details were missing from their system. Now I’ve received that email from my TA in connection with my July 3rd sailing 🤷‍♀️

6 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Oh ok. It would seem to me that it’s another case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing lol. When I rang MSC prior to my May 28th sailing, I was told the reason my tickets hadn’t been issued was because my insurance details were missing from their system. Now I’ve received that email from my TA in connection with my July 3rd sailing 🤷‍♀️

Yes, you don't seem alone in being told that. I can't see a pattern to it - since I haven't been asked. Maybe the difference is if you've packed with a TA? 

1 hour ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Yes, you don't seem alone in being told that. I can't see a pattern to it - since I haven't been asked. Maybe the difference is if you've packed with a TA? 

Possibly, who knows? lol. Anyway, I just think you’re being greedy getting 9 copies of your tickets! No wonder the rest of us can’t get ours, you’re hogging the system!! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by CaroleC
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

No, we booked with a TA and were never asked.

33 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

That is a seriously bad choice of dates for your next Virtuosa sailing.

We are on the week before you so there will be no alcoholic drinks left for you I'm afraid.

Oh nooo. I’m afraid in that case we’ll have to make arrangements for you to  drink in only half the bars and leave the other half for us. As there are 21 on board, I’ll be generous and let you have 11! 🥂🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

If I was travelling alone, I'd be happy with that.

However, as my wife can easily get thrown out of 3 bars a day, I'm afraid your plan wouldn't work.

🥳😂😂

12 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Possibly, who knows? lol. Anyway, I just think you’re being greedy getting 9 copies of your tickets! No wonder the rest of us can’t get ours, you’re hogging the system!! 🤣🤣🤣

Got another set today! They seem to really want me on board. 😂

3 hours ago, kernow said:

No, we booked with a TA and were never asked.

There goes that theory. I think that only leaves the 'complete chaos' idea.

Anyone who had CoverForYou insurance that's sailed so far, what did you show to prove the relevant cover?  I can't find anything in the policy document that stated COVID cover despite the banner on the website confirming they cover COVID. 

On board now, currently in Portland. 
Very impressed with the slick way they handled boarding. Car to ship in 55 minutes.

As everyone says, the ship is stunning and I’m

loving only having 780 on board... lots of space, all venues are open and the staff are genuinely happy  to see us back on board.

A few glitches with the Wi-fi  and things appearing on the account that you didn’t have, but easily rectified.

The app seems to be causing some people confusion;  as it shows what drinks you’ve had and the cost and they think they are being charged for them. So long as it shows a big fat £0 at the top I’m happy! 
Love the Atelier area ( comfy sofas) and am looking forward to Hola tonight 🌮

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, zjc said:

Anyone who had CoverForYou insurance that's sailed so far, what did you show to prove the relevant cover?  I can't find anything in the policy document that stated COVID cover despite the banner on the website confirming they cover COVID. 

The cover letter via their website. I printed it out and they did ask to see it and read it thoroughly. 

https://www.coverforyou.com/content/important-information-coastal-cruise-apr-2021-v1.pdf

30 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

If you are able to report back on what you get in Hola, would much appreciate it.

Is that the "all you can eat" (excluding Tamales) £16.99 restaurant?

Yes although we didn’t do that offer. 

We ate at Hola twice and loved everything. Next time I will always do the £16.99 offer as we only came in about £3-£5 under that and we could of easily made that up with a couple more tacos and a choice of salsa etc. 

Their guacamoles are VERY good as are the chips. The salsas we tried were superb. 

The tacos are the clear stars of the show. My favourite was the carnitas but they were all excellent. 

The quesadilla were the only plate I found to be less authentic. Still yummy but not great. We eat a lot of Mexican food so I am perhaps overly critical. 

We found their margaritas (classic, on the rocks with Josè Silver) the best onboard. 

I know it may be funny to some but this is a big draw for us to book again. The food onboard was SO good. 

Edited by MISSGJ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zjc said:

I haven't sailed yet however I have printed off thier Covid cover from the FAQ part of the website...it was about 13 pages all in all 😂 I also have the cover letter printed. 

Edited by johnnylincoln
Added letter

2 hours ago, zjc said:

On the front page of the website there is a link to Understand Our Coronavirus Cover. If you click on that there is loads of info, plus if you scroll further down there is a link to print off the coastal cruises cover letter.

I printed off the letter, took a screenshot of the page as it starts with Any policy sold by CoverForYou includes cover blah blah blah! I used a highlighter pen to highlight anything mentioning coronavirus so it was obvious. Also printed my insurance certificate, and the summary of the policy (the chart showing the different levels of cover, and highlighted the £15 million for medical costs).

The people checking it love it when you highlight it, makes it much easier for them! We were with them for less than a minute and of course everything was fine.

We also have Cover for you, we just printed the Coastal cruise cover letter with the covid bit highlighted and the single page insurance certificate. No problems at all.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

On board now, currently in Portland. 
Very impressed with the slick way they handled boarding. Car to ship in 55 minutes.

As everyone says, the ship is stunning and I’m

loving only having 780 on board... lots of space, all venues are open and the staff are genuinely happy  to see us back on board.

A few glitches with the Wi-fi  and things appearing on the account that you didn’t have, but easily rectified.

The app seems to be causing some people confusion;  as it shows what drinks you’ve had and the cost and they think they are being charged for them. So long as it shows a big fat £0 at the top I’m happy! 
Love the Atelier area ( comfy sofas) and am looking forward to Hola tonight 🌮

We're also at Hola tonight, not following you, promise.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

If you are able to report back on what you get in Hola, would much appreciate it.

Is that the "all you can eat" (excluding Tamales) £16.99 restaurant?

It was delicious! And frozen strawberry margaritas too!!  The tacos were literally 2 bite size.  The enchilada was lovely; save room for the churros ! 

1DD2CC18-1EAB-4A71-A159-BA368A06F497.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, little britain said:

Glad you're enjoying your cruise, and looking forward to mine at the end of July!

A quick simple question about the drinks package - if you have a gin and tonic, that's say £9 for the gin and £2 for the tonic, does that mean you have to pay, as combined that's over the £10 limit? Or do you have to be clever and order a gin and a bottle of tonic separately?

More important to me moneywise is that I've just noticed that our Fantastica family of 4 balcony cabin that we've paid for is now approx. £700 cheaper than when we booked!! I wonder if that's a sign that they're struggling to get people to book. I've e-mailed them saying that I'm unhappy (after hunting high and low for an e-mail address, as there isn't one showing on their website), but I'm not expecting any joy from them.

33 minutes ago, colsky said:

Glad you're enjoying your cruise, and looking forward to mine at the end of July!

A quick simple question about the drinks package - if you have a gin and tonic, that's say £9 for the gin and £2 for the tonic, does that mean you have to pay, as combined that's over the £10 limit? Or do you have to be clever and order a gin and a bottle of tonic separately?

More important to me moneywise is that I've just noticed that our Fantastica family of 4 balcony cabin that we've paid for is now approx. £700 cheaper than when we booked!! I wonder if that's a sign that they're struggling to get people to book. I've e-mailed them saying that I'm unhappy (after hunting high and low for an e-mail address, as there isn't one showing on their website), but I'm not expecting any joy from them.

Mixed drinks come out under the £10 limit.

I think some people have managed to get money back or OBC when the price has fallen. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, colsky said:

if you have a gin and tonic, that's say £9 for the gin and £2 for the tonic, does that mean you have to pay, as combined that's over the £10 limit? Or do you have to be clever and order a gin and a bottle of tonic separately?

You don't pay for mixers you just pay for the spirit, the only exception would be if you ordered a tonic water on it's own, then you would be charged for the soft drink.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 1:21 PM, zjc said:

I was using Holiday Extras and couldn't find the right bit of policy wording, so i did one of those online chat things, and the operative confirmed i had covid cover for a cruise so i screen grabbed and printed that, and that was perfectly acceptable, took less than a minute for the agent to tick that off her list