Summit in for Alaska, Solstice toast?

radarcruiser

13 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Have you checked your Celebrity account to see if you have been moved already?

I checked again this morning.  Not moved yet.  Checking with my TA today.  

I do see these cruises are advertised in Celebrity’s website this am (at much higher prices than I paid).

To share our experience, we were booked on the July 30th Solstice sailing directly with Celebrity, Lift & Shift from 2020. We are sailing with Son & DIL who booked with a travel agent, also a Lift & Shift from last year. Not thrilled with the change of ship, but that's neither here nor there. Ships happen 😉

We checked our Celebrity account yesterday and had an updated stateroom assignment. Called Celebrity to check on availability of alternative S1's and was able to move to a better location. As of today, the kids still don't have a stateroom assigned. Their Travel Agent called and Celebrity told her it could take up to 10 days to update. Confusing since the sailing is now open to booking.

We also noticed that all of our OBC from the original booking did NOT transfer to the Summit sailing, so double check details, folks. Took a couple of calls but finally had a supervisor correct the additional OBC ($700 is a huge chunk o' credit to lose!)

Fingers, toes and paws crossed this sailing will happen. Hoping we can do the bear excursion in Ketchikan that weather robbed us of back in 2019 on the Eclipse.

• 2 weeks later...

So. yes I was wrong. Summit will not be our ship of choice and Millennium will be the one. At least as of today, 6 June 2021.

Now we are in waiting mode to see what happens to our stateroom. Geez.

We're very happy we apparently might be cruising to Alaska this year.

On the Millenium (former Summit) sailings in Alaska in July and August certain areas of the ship have been blocked so that you can't book the lowest and highest categories.  You will notice that the inside rooms on all sailings are "sold out" and the same is true of all suite categories and A1 Aqua Class except for the few aft staterooms.  I have been told that if the ship is full it would sail each week with about 70% occupancy but as of today all sailings have sold very few cabins. For instance, on my category of A2 Aqua there are still 50 cabins remaining and that is even though A1 can't be booked.  All other categories are equally wide open.  I think many people are reluctant to book until they are sure that all details are worked out and if you do book you must immediately pay the full cost of the cruise.