I won a Virgin Voyages cruise!!!...

sid_9169

After a year and a half of booking, getting cancelled on, booking again, ect, I won another Virgin Voyages cruise in the Shipload Of Love contest... A fellow Cruise Critic forum member, ceilidh1 and her kids produced and submitted a video months ago, and I just got the good news this week. To tell you the truth, I knew that the submission was a winner the second I saw it, due to their hard work and creativity. Now, I'm hoping that things start to head in the right direction with the pandemic, and we can all get back to sea sooner than later... I'm currently looking at the September 26 2021 cruise out of Miami, which appears to be only the second sailing from the US following Scarlet Ladys' Atlantic crossing. I've actually been working on my Review since I booked back in January 2020. Now, hopefully I'll finally be able to step on board and experience it for myself...

ship.jpg

• Like 4

Officially booked for September 26th, on only the second sailing once Scarlet Lady hits Miami!... I went a little bit beyond the scope of the "free" portion of the prize, and went for the XL Sea Terrace. I had a bunch of future voyage credit leftover from my past bookings, so that covered the couple of hundred extra dollars... 

• Like 2

Congratulations!  I won a cruise with Virgin Voyages through Virgin Radio 99.9 in June 2019.

My friend & I had booked for late August 2020, but of course we all know what happened to that.

We had upgraded to a regular Sea Terrace so we have that little bit extra spent doubled as future voyage credit.  I still have not rebooked as I'm in Canada.  Besides not knowing when cruises would be allowed again, we are still waiting to have more of our popuation vaccinated and the border to re-open.

At the moment I have until February 2022 to rebook, so still a bit of time.

• Like 1

Hey Sid,

First off, congratulations!   

My nominee (my husband) won this contest as well.  I was notified by email on April 27th that he had won.  He had to DocuSign and return a release/acceptance of prize form, which was accomplished the day

we were notified of winning.

Since then, neither of us has heard anything by email/snail mail/phone.  Would you kindly let me know how quickly you were notified, and how you were notified, how to proceed, after completing the DocuSign document?

Thanks so much, and enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SFOflyguy said:

Since then, neither of us has heard anything by email/snail mail/phone.  Would you kindly let me know how quickly you were notified, and how you were notified, how to proceed, after completing the DocuSign document?

My wife had to email requesting the Docusign and then email again requesting the winner code to book her cruise.  They were pleasant about it, but nothing arrived on it's own like it was supposed to.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 8:08 PM, SFOflyguy said:

Hey Sid,

First off, congratulations!   

My nominee (my husband) won this contest as well.  I was notified by email on April 27th that he had won.  He had to DocuSign and return a release/acceptance of prize form, which was accomplished the day

we were notified of winning.

Thanks so much, and enjoy your cruise!

After I filled out the docusign, it was a few more weeks. Actually, it ended up in my Spam folder, and I never knew it was there for several days...

Thank you, shoptom, PL281, and Sid (GodSaveTheQueen!) for your replies.

I emailed the reply@....  and the marketing rep emailed me in less than 12 hours with the

booking code. 

Hoping to book the cruise departing MIA on 2/13 or 2/217/2022.

Thanks for all the good advice CC Boards!  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats! I won the cruise for my friends as well, and we have decided to join them. We were pleasantly surprised that you actually get a balcony room and could pick a 5-day not just a 4-day. Great competition; it has certainly increased our sense of loyalty to Virgin and if all goes well on this cruise, I can see us sticking with Virgin for most of our future cruises as long as the itineraries are interesting.