Lunch options on Carnival Dream

LIZE

2 minutes ago, LIZE said:

I do not do buffet's before or during covid.  What are my options. Can you do lunch in dining room beside seaday brunch?

Its doubtful there will be self serve buffets when carnival resumes. I've never seen dining room open before dinner first day in the past. Port days have breakfast and lunch separate, as you mentioned it is brunch on sea days. I'm assuming the buffet will now be served or prepared to grab.

I assume the usual will be open, guys stir fry, mexican stations, hard to remember exactly I've done so many ships since dream. As I remember dream did not have the free italian lunch, only its sister have it magic and breeze. 

I love the Dream class ships - especially the Breeze.  With that said, I can't stand buffets and I don't ever do them.  There are plenty of options for lunch.  The Lido Marketplace buffet will not be self serve and staff will be serving the food again when cruising starts back up.  I might even try that food there with that in place.  So, what else is there?  Here is a list:

INCLUDED OPTIONS:

Guy's Burgers

Guy's BBQ

Blue Iguana

Pizza

MDR Seaday Brunch 

Deli

Mongolian Wok

EXTRA CHARGE:

Seafood Shack

Bonsai Sushi

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've As I remember dream did not have the free italian lunch, only its sister have it magic and breeze. 

In 2019 we had lunch in the Italian restaurant aboard the Dream the day we boarded. We learned on here that it would be open for lunch and planned on it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

In 2019 we had lunch in the Italian restaurant aboard the Dream the day we boarded. We learned on here that it would be open for lunch and planned on it. 

Odd as it wasnt there when I did dream. As I posted above it's on the other 2 dream class but not dream.

On the included post above ... not mentioned.

I googled it and even carnival site doesnt list dream.

20210527_192245431.jpeg

50 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Maybe it's the pasta bar you were thinking of, not the restaurant. PS the gathering place is the buffet, they added a pasta bar in one of the buffet nitches on dream.

20210527_192804612.jpeg

Edited by firefly333

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe it's the pasta bar you were thinking of, not the restaurant. PS the gathering place is the buffet, they added a pasta bar in one of the buffet nitches on dream.

20210527_192804612.jpeg

No, it was upstairs in the Cucina. The limited menu where you took a slip of paper to check off your items was used for orders and the waiter retrieved it and brought us our food.

2 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

No, it was upstairs in the Cucina. The limited menu where you took a slip of paper to check off your items was used for orders and the waiter retrieved it and brought us our food.

Odd as I say since it wasnt on dream when I did dream and carnival says it's not on dream. I did see it on magic with the tablecloths and all. 

Though the pasta window is pretty nice if you like pasta. It's kinda in the centre of other two buffet areas and has it's own window. For lunch purposes I dont think there is much difference between the restaurant or the pasta station in the middle of the buffet choices. You still pick what you want them to cook. I dont eat pasta so I havent tried it either ship. If I have guys burgers no way I'm wasting my appetite on pasta. And bbq. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Odd as I say since it wasnt on dream when I did dream and carnival says it's not on dream. I did see it on magic with the tablecloths and all. 

Though the pasta window is pretty nice if you like pasta. It's kinda in the centre of other two buffet areas and has it's own window. For lunch purposes I dont think there is much difference between the restaurant or the pasta station in the middle of the buffet choices. You still pick what you want them to cook. I dont eat pasta so I havent tried it either ship. If I have guys burgers no way I'm wasting my appetite on pasta. And bbq. 

I was on the Dream Nov. 2019.

What the Dream has is not the full on pasta restaurant that serves a free lunch and then a paid dinner.

The one on the Dream only offers lunch but it is located in the same place as the full on Italian  restaurant would be located. The second floor of the buffet area towards the back.

• Like 2

There is NO Italian Restaurant on the Dream.  The Gathering Lido Marketplace has seating on Deck 10 and Deck 11.  Deck 11 Gathering is where the Italian Restaurant if you were on the Breeze or Magic.  They have a little pasta buffet area up there.  It is nothing like the italian restaurant that are on other ships.    Carnival Dream is just the The Gathering Buffet - Deck 10 and Deck 11 (Seating)

• Thanks 1

We went on the Dream in 2016 out of New Orleans. Just like sanmarcosman said, upstairs at the end of buffet area was a little Italian place. You filled out a paper of choices of pasta, sauces, garlic bread  and meat. They would cook it and bring it to your table. Not too many people knew about it I think.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 4:42 PM, firefly333 said:

Its doubtful there will be self serve buffets when carnival resumes. I've never seen dining room open before dinner first day in the past. Port days have breakfast and lunch separate, as you mentioned it is brunch on sea days. I'm assuming the buffet will now be served or prepared to grab.

I assume the usual will be open, guys stir fry, mexican stations, hard to remember exactly I've done so many ships since dream. As I remember dream did not have the free italian lunch, only its sister have it magic and breeze. 

You are correct.

• Thanks 1