Anyone know how they will handle this?

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I just want those scared of getting covid from kids they aren't going to have any contact with anyway to stay home.

Then again these same people are still probably scared to go out in public anywhere for the same reasons.  Might be kids somewhere!

Smokey I think you read something into the post which was not there.  DW and I have both had Covid last Nov, and been fully vaccinated. I have contact with kids regularly.  I am not afraid of catching it from them. 

When there have been cases in Asia, they turn the ship around and headed back to port.  If a bunch of kids share it among themselves, the OP was just a question of what will they do. 

4 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

When there have been cases in Asia, they turn the ship around and headed back to port.  

Asia rules are zerocovid-centric though and really don't follow the science. 

Edited by smokeybandit

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Asia rules are zerocovid-centric though. 

True, I think Asia had to be zero tolerance, since they started so long ago.  

So even if not zero tolerant, if enough multiple kids from different families seem sick on day 4, I would bet a dollar to a doughnut they would test them.  And if positive with tracing they may see a potential outbreak on the horizon in a few days, which would send that ship home ASAP. 

I am also guessing they are alerting crew to be on the outlook for potentially sick people, to a greater degree than they have been in the past for nourovirus.

Eddie

Edited by Eddie Wilson

1 hour ago, Eddie Wilson said:

I don’t get your point?  It started from a dream about kids getting sick on a ship.  I was curious what would happen. 

Please don’t read a slant in me, as I have taken my 4 children on a few cruises, but they are now older do their own thing. So DW and I now travel at different times of the year, is including when schools are in session and there are fewer kids on board.

I don’t get your inference?

Eddie

So, obviously you choose to cruise with fewer kids?  People kid bash. Royal prides itself as a Family cruise line. 

My point, people may be wishing less kids onboard due to Covid rules. 

3 hours ago, M8VER3 said:

So, obviously you choose to cruise with fewer kids?  People kid bash. Royal prides itself as a Family cruise line. 

My point, people may be wishing less kids onboard due to Covid rules. 

I still don’t get your point, I happen to cruise with fewer kids because my kids are no longer kids.  Plus, we are no longer limited to summer cruises, as we were when we took our kids.  

Let me be clear, the amount of kids on a ship have absolutely no bearing on our choosing a particular cruise.   

Please don’t attach that moniker to me.  

24 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

I still don’t get your point, I happen to cruise with fewer kids because my kids are no longer kids.  Plus, we are no longer limited to summer cruises, as we were when we took our kids.  

Let me be clear, the amount of kids on a ship have absolutely no bearing on our choosing a particular cruise.   

Please don’t attach that moniker to me.  

I’m sorry if I misunderstood your post. 

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Asia rules are zerocovid-centric though and really don't follow the science. 

It’s not so much “not following the science” as it is making a different choice about how much sacrifice you are willing to make to avoid people getting sick and dying. 

13 hours ago, coffeebean said:

0.009% is an extremely low risk of breakthrough infection for fully vaccinated people. I'm fully vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine and feel extremely safe with those stats.

That’s about the death rate for unvaccinated children maybe even lower and people are losing their minds that they must be vaccinated - and I don’t mean to go on cruises, I mean in general. So that number may be high in the COVID world. 

Good news we will see younger kids vaccinated in the not so distant future. 

If you look at how the schools handle a positive covid case that would give you a good idea. At our school all kids and families in contact with the positive are quarantined for 10 days then negative test or 14 and no test, no symptoms, unless vaccinated. 

Here is the thing so many kids are asymptomatic or have allergy like symptoms (not all I personally know a kid that ended up with diabetic after covid so yes very serious things happen) that more likely they will share it with someone who wont know they are sick until they get home.