Reservations for La Reserve Dinners

BrocktonCruiser

Separate and similar thing, there is (was?) a small-plate and glass of Dom format in la Reserve some evenings. I think it was offered 2x on our 21-day cruise in 2019. Nice preview of the Dom dinner. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 7:18 PM, pinotlover said:

Also means one must book Specialties before they know La Reserve options. Very poor planning on Oceania’s part. Possibly forcing passengers to cancel Specialty reservations for paid reservations for La Reserve, then having to rebook Specialties. We’re LA Reserve fans, but if this is Oceania’s new game, sell those tickets elsewhere. A chump’s game.

If Oceania doesn’t care enough to determine a La Reserve schedule 90 days out, why should we care enough to wait and schedule?

This is from the top as of today:

We had temporarily paused reservations for La Reserve as we waited for social distancing guidelines from the EU, but we anticipate opening up La Reserve reservations in two weeks.

Jancruz1

3 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

This is from the top as of today:

We had temporarily paused reservations for La Reserve as we waited for social distancing guidelines from the EU, but we anticipate opening up La Reserve reservations in two weeks.

Jancruz1

Thanks Jan! We love La Reserve and have been worried about reservations — we are on B2B sailings for 2 months— 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BarbaraM said:

Thanks Jan! We love La Reserve and have been worried about reservations — we are on B2B sailings for 2 months— 

Shouldnt be a problem if the EU doesnt demand social distancing..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

Far be it from to opine on what the EU will require ... but if the cruiselines (and Oceania so far seems to be in this category) require that passengers be vaccinated, would "social distancing" in La Reserve be necessary?  One never knows what bureaucrats will decide.  But while the spacing between seats in La Reserve is generous, it certain is not 6 feet ... which would seem to  deleteriously affect  the experience.

I suppose they could reduce the three tables from being 8 seats each to 4 ... but I personally would not want to have to shout across the table to talk to my fellow diners.  I will be interested in hearing what the final result is ...

Mura

• Like 1