Reservations for La Reserve Dinners

BrocktonCruiser

OK..Privee is $300 going forward and they are loading La Reserve dinners into the computer at this time and you will be able to book La Reserve before boarding..90 days...if you want to book more than one cabin let the person who booked you make the reservations..

Jancruz1

4 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

OK..Privee is $300 going forward and they are loading La Reserve dinners into the computer at this time and you will be able to book La Reserve before boarding..90 days...if you want to book more than one cabin let the person who booked you make the reservations..

Jancruz1

Do you think that person will have to pay for all? Have you heard if the menus are new or the same as what has been posted online? 

Edited by jeno

8 hours ago, jeno said:

Do you think that person will have to pay for all? Have you heard if the menus are new or the same as what has been posted online? 

Someone asked about the menus..I cant find the question but the menus are staying the same for 2021 and 2022 in La Reserve..

Jacruz1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jeno said:

Thank you.  That is actually a different menu than Oceania attached to my reservation for this cruise.  Interesting. 

The one I posted was a few years old (2019 or before that - maybe even as far back as 2015).

We’ve only done it twice since most of our cruises are on the R ships. I may have a 2020 menu from a cancelled cruise. But, I’ll have to dig it up......

.....Here’s a menu from an upcoming autumn 2022 cruise:

813B70D7-C3D0-4717-8CD0-B9CBF18E54DC.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The one I posted was a few years old (2019 or before that - maybe even as far back as 2015).

We’ve only done it twice since most of our cruises are on the R ships. I may have a 2020 menu from a cancelled cruise. But, I’ll have to dig it up......

.....Here’s a menu from an upcoming autumn 2022 cruise:

813B70D7-C3D0-4717-8CD0-B9CBF18E54DC.png

That’s the one I have. 😀

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yeah, I think they retired the Connoisseur shortly after the Dom Perignon came out. 

That's right.  They replaced the Connoisseur menu with the Dom Perignon one.  I wish they would bring Connoisseur  back.  I went to the Dom Perignon dinner but I wouldn't repeat it whereas I would be happy to repeat the Connoisseur one.

I was mostly disappointed with the Bourgeoisie menu and pairing and wouldn’t repeat it. The pairings and wine selection just didn’t click.

I was hoping for some new refinements to the menu and pairings. The Dom P menu and pairings are controlled by Dom so no problem there. Problem with the other two shown is they are using the same wines as originally chosen 5-6 years ago. Vintages have changed, wine styles have changed, so now some of the pairings are just misses. They badly need someone to re-exam the wine selections and tighten that circle. I thought that with the long shutdown, it would be a time to do so. From the posted menus, I obviously thought wrong.

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I was mostly disappointed with the Bourgeoisie menu and pairing and wouldn’t repeat it. The pairings and wine selection just didn’t click.

I was hoping for some new refinements to the menu and pairings. The Dom P menu and pairings are controlled by Dom so no problem there. Problem with the other two shown is they are using the same wines as originally chosen 5-6 years ago. Vintages have changed, wine styles have changed, so now some of the pairings are just misses. They badly need someone to re-exam the wine selections and tighten that circle. I thought that with the long shutdown, it would be a time to do so. From the posted menus, I obviously thought wrong.

Pinot Lover I agree and forwarded your comments to correct person..I hope that ok with you!

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz
  • Like 2

Jancruz, can you pass on that some/many of us think the new champagne by the glass is really poor?  We’d take one of the ones from the past, but this fairly unknown Germain something is just plain weak...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Why in the world would Oceania choose to entitle anything on their ships "bourgeoisie?" It's hardly a flattering term. This question is not directed at you, Pinotlover.  :-) Your post just brought it to my attention.

21 minutes ago, avalong said:

Why in the world would Oceania choose to entitle anything on their ships "bourgeoisie?" It's hardly a flattering term. This question is not directed at you, Pinotlover.  🙂Your post just brought it to my attention.

Not an insult. Rather it is food of the common man (excellent versions of traditional dishes you would find in a middle class home).

22 minutes ago, Clutj said:

Jancruz, can you pass on that some/many of us think the new champagne by the glass is really poor?  We’d take one of the ones from the past, but this fairly unknown Germain something is just plain weak...

Great question to ask.  I love champagne but not Germain and now you have no other option.  They used to have Perrier Jouet which was quite nice and Montaudon was on their menu- also a decent champagne.  Even the Monopole that comes in the cabin is better than the Germain.  I read somewhere that we got Germain because the passengers on Regent said they would start a rebellion if they didn't get rid of it.  Probably an urban myth but sounded true to me😁

I love Oceania and it is my cruise line of choice but their selection of wine and champagne by the glass does not rise to the level of some main line cruise ships.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cruisingxpert said:

Great question to ask.  I love champagne but not Germain and now you have no other option.  They used to have Perrier Jouet which was quite nice and Montaudon was on their menu- also a decent champagne.  Even the Monopole that comes in the cabin is better than the Germain.  I read somewhere that we got Germain because the passengers on Regent said they would start a rebellion if they didn't get rid of it.  Probably an urban myth but sounded true to me😁

I love Oceania and it is my cruise line of choice but their selection of wine and champagne by the glass does not rise to the level of some main line cruise ships.

Other than it would cost too much for O, they should really use California sparkling wines like Roederer or Shramsberg. Even Gloria Ferrer or Domaine Chandon would be better than the current selection.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Other than it would cost too much for O, they should really use California sparkling wines like Roederer or Shramsberg. Even Gloria Ferrer or Domaine Chandon would be better than the current selection.

I would be fine with Schramsberg but I wasn't keen on Domaine Chandon.  I'm pretty sure they had Schramsberg on the buy 7 bottles list on one cruise.  I am positive though that they had Perrier Jouet on the buy 7 bottles at $42 a bottle ONCE.  I know because I bought 7 bottles of it😁

1 hour ago, avalong said:

Why in the world would Oceania choose to entitle anything on their ships "bourgeoisie?" It's hardly a flattering term. This question is not directed at you, Pinotlover.  🙂Your post just brought it to my attention.

This link will direct you to the La Cuisine menu with the explanation of the term on the left hand side of the page.  Jacques Pepin made it sound charming.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/81604440389/La-Cuisine-Bourgeoise-Menu.pdf

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Very fine; Thank You Jancruz! 🥂

The answer from O

"We are looking at it and in some cases changing the pairings entirely.  When you asked about the La Reserve menus, we are not introducing any new menus at this time but we are making tweaks."

Jancruz1

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

The answer from O

"We are looking at it and in some cases changing the pairings entirely.  When you asked about the La Reserve menus, we are not introducing any new menus at this time but we are making tweaks."

Jancruz1

Thanks for the update. A little change with the pairings will do them good.

3 hours ago, avalong said:

Why in the world would Oceania choose to entitle anything on their ships "bourgeoisie?" It's hardly a flattering term.

What term would you give the Menu?

The Shramsberg Sparkling wine offering that Oceania had several years ago was its popular Mirabelle Brut Rose. A very fun, fruity, and tasty sparkling Pinot Noir. 

One would imagine that the winery made Oceania a very good price point to introduce this wine to its upscale passengers. With the current popularity of the wine, along with its somewhat limited production, I doubt that Oceania could score either that price point or significant allocation to service its fleet. Shramsberg also makes a delightful Blanc de Noir ( 100% Pinot) from that same fruit , and my actual favorite is their Blanc de Blanc (100% Chardonnay). 

I sense a growing revolution against the Germain champagne!  Let’s follow our Regent brethren ... to the barricades!  (For what it’s worth, I did read some Regent posts objecting to that switch a couple years back, and I do recall seeing a post from a Regent person saying that they had heard the complaints and were replacing it with something better.  If Regent had already bought a bunch of the Germain, it probably then got dumped on the poorer little sister Oceania, and we will have to drink it until it’s gone...)

21 minutes ago, Clutj said:

I sense a growing revolution against the Germain champagne!  Let’s follow our Regent brethren ... to the barricades!  (For what it’s worth, I did read some Regent posts objecting to that switch a couple years back, and I do recall seeing a post from a Regent person saying that they had heard the complaints and were replacing it with something better.  If Regent had already bought a bunch of the Germain, it probably then got dumped on the poorer little sister Oceania, and we will have to drink it until it’s gone...)

O could send it to NCL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1